Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

IU Football Ranked!

We have to stack good years together to get the respect we want. One or two good years won't do it. Winning a major bowl game will help. Build the tradition and good things will come. Otherwise, this year will look like a fluke.

Can someone please explain to me why we need a CFP committee? Why is this random group a better/more qualified quorum of assessors than the AP and the Coaches who form their bowl? You can’t convince me that having the Florida AD on this committee didn’t keep them in a NY6 bowl and that they would still be there if their AD wasn’t on the committee 

7 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

Win this game and we may finish #5 in the AP poll. Just win baby.

Yes, as infuriating as this boon-doggle is, the only response is to run it up on Ole Miss. Just crush them, then declare yourself National champs like UCF did a couple years ago!

Committee all year: “IU is great but they haven’t beaten a team with a winning record.” IU proceeds to get a bowl game against an opponent with a losing record...can’t make this stuff up. IU opens the season against Iowa next year and I bet the players/staff have that game circled three times over right now. I guess once IU dominates them, Gary Barta will be forced to $h!t on his own program like he has on all of IU’s wins this year.

Yes, as infuriating as this boon-doggle is, the only response is to run it up on Ole Miss. Just crush them, then declare yourself National champs like UCF did a couple years ago!

Definitely agree with running up the score. IU should come out focused and pi**ed about and beat the crap out of Ole Miss

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

well this is interesting to me. Who thought of this matchup? I am an IU alum 1987 but both my kids are at Ole Miss now and I get down there often for games in the Grove. Tuttle should have a field day against The Rebels secondary but Rebel's offense can score very quickly. The fans loved Coach Allen and still wish he was there to coach their defense.

46 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

It appears in the year of social distancing, the Outback Bowl will be the battle of the tailgates. #7 vs a 4-5 team whose coach will be doing nothing but job interviews for the next 12 days.

In my backyard.  Expect more drunk first hand accounts out of me before/during this game.

19 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Committee all year: “IU is great but they haven’t beaten a team with a winning record.” IU proceeds to get a bowl game against an opponent with a losing record...can’t make this stuff up. IU opens the season against Iowa next year and I bet the players/staff have that game circled three times over right now. I guess once IU dominates them, Gary Barta will be forced to $h!t on his own program like he has on all of IU’s wins this year.

This is what has been infuriating to me. They say O$U has a good win against a ranked team (us), but say we lost our only game against a good team. Other than their game against NW, they essentially beat the same teams we did. You can't have it both ways.. .

Our best season in 30 years -- maybe our best ever -- and we got royally screwed.