Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

IU Football Ranked!

4 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Anyone want to argue Cincy belongs in playoffs? Committee has screwed a lot up, but appears they were right about CIncy being a massive fraud who had no business anywhere near final four regardless of if they eke this out. 

IU Cincy in Non-Conference early next year should be a great game and IU win would go long way towards getting us to New Years 6 next year with good Big Ten season. 

Only way I could see Cincinnati in the CFP is if there weren't at least four power teams with one loss or less.

BTW, hoping that Florida somehow now wins this game with Bama just for the chaos.

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

Know what is probably going to keep Florida out of the CFP?

A player throwing an LSU player's shoe.

Not convinced. I still think ND gets in over a two loss Fla team. Especially, since they look like they are going to lose tonight.

Just now, Aaron said:

Not convinced. I still think ND gets in over a two loss Fla team. Especially, since they look like they are going to lose tonight.

I'm not as convinced.  Hard to think the committee would prefer a ND/Alabama game after seeing ND getting destroyed by Clemson as opposed to a rematch of a 52-46 game.

Really interested to see how they will rank Florida after tonight (assuming they lose)?! Just can’t imagine them putting Florida ahead of us (same for Iowa St.) with 3 losses, but IU gets penalized for losing by 1 TD at OSU...... 🤦‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Really interested to see how they will rank Florida after tonight (assuming they lose)?! Just can’t imagine them putting Florida ahead of us (same for Iowa St.) with 3 losses, but IU gets penalized for losing by 1 TD at OSU......

Not a Chance Iowa St or Florida drops below us after their strong showings today. IU really should be mad at Big Ten. If they had played full non conference schedule or at least a couple more games and were 8-1 or 9-1 they probably would pass ISU and Fla but don't see a 6-1 IU team passing either. I expect it to be Citrus. 

3 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Really interested to see how they will rank Florida after tonight (assuming they lose)?! Just can’t imagine them putting Florida ahead of us (same for Iowa St.) with 3 losses, but IU gets penalized for losing by 1 TD at OSU......

You’re 100% right but I don’t see a way they will drop more than a spot Florida if a one score loss to LSU only drops them a spot. It’s criminal what the committee did to IU and the BigTen last week. Unless there’s a major change I don’t see Florida or Iowa St. dropping

Just a prediction based on Committee thinking:
1. Alabama 2. Clemson 3. Ohio St 4. ND 5. Texas A&M 6. Oklahoma 7. Georgia 8. Florida 9. Cincinnati 10. Iowa St 11. IU

I also wouldn’t be surprised to see Cincinnati drop another...

19 minutes ago, BtownStrength said:

Only chance we have is if Notre Dame gets bounced from the top 4, kicking them to the Orange and UNC out of the NY6 discussion. 

Unfortunately Florida’s one spot drop after the LSU game’s precedent means ND has to stay the top 4. There’s no way to justify a larger drop for ND after a conference title game loss to the 3rd ranked team who they beat earlier in the season.
At this point all I’m hoping for is a blowout win in the Citrus Bowl followed by a huge middle finger to the committee and an incredible/historic year next year. 

7 hours ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Unfortunately Florida’s one spot drop after the LSU game’s precedent means ND has to stay the top 4. There’s no way to justify a larger drop for ND after a conference title game loss to the 3rd ranked team who they beat earlier in the season.
At this point all I’m hoping for is a blowout win in the Citrus Bowl followed by a huge middle finger to the committee and an incredible/historic year next year. 

I’m not so sure. I’ve woken up making the grave mistake of having renewed hope! But I’m pretty sure the committee takes in to consideration when you play teams right? After getting destroyed yesterday, they may give far less credit to ND for an OT home win against Clemson without Lawrence. And maybe they give A&M’s win over Florida even more weight after Florida pushed Bama to the brink. I still don’t expect it to happen, but to me it’s not as crazy as it seemed last night. 

Another crazy thing to think about, based on ^^ being our only likely path, it probably would not have mattered if we’d drawn Iowa and been able to play and beat them yesterday. I think both 3 loss teams would still stay ahead of us.

10 hours ago, JaybobHoosier said:

I've already heard it all over ESPN this morning about how great Florida's loss was to Bama.  They had the ball at the end of the game to win it..  They beat 1 team with a winning record, they lost to a mediocre LSU at home, and they had 3 losses.  With the way the committee has ranked teams they may move up!

They kept moving Iowa State up despite their resume so there's no way they drop them more than a spot or two after losing to Oklahoma. 

Georgia also has exactly 1 win against a team with a winning record while being blown out by every good team they played.

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

Every bowl projection I've seen has us getting screwed out of a New Year's Six bowl. All have three-loss Iowa State and Florida ahead of us -- as well as Oregon, who is 4-2. Man, what a racket! 

Oregon gets an auto-bid as Pac12 champion. UNC gets auto-bid as highest non-CFP ACC team. Iowa State is an absolute crime against humanity. Florida kind of is, but they’re really good imo. 

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Oregon gets an auto-bid as Pac12 champion. UNC gets auto-bid as highest non-CFP ACC team. Iowa State is an absolute crime against humanity. Florida kind of is, but they’re really good imo. 

Yes, I know about Oregon -- but IMO, that's equally as criminal as Iowa State. Oregon didn't even earn a spot in the Pac-12 title game. 

4 hours ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I’m not so sure. I’ve woken up making the grave mistake of having renewed hope! But I’m pretty sure the committee takes in to consideration when you play teams right? After getting destroyed yesterday, they may give far less credit to ND for an OT home win against Clemson without Lawrence. And maybe they give A&M’s win over Florida even more weight after Florida pushed Bama to the brink. 

You’re bringing logic into an illogical situation so may want to temper your expectations. The thing to remember is how the committee adjusts losses (and wins for that matter) after conference title games. They always hold less weight than regular season outcomes and are basically tie breakers. At the end of the day, ND was ranked #2 going into last night so how can they drop 3 full spots for losing to Clemson in a title game when Florida only dropped one spot for losing to an LSU team that had a losing record 

2 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I've already heard it all over ESPN this morning about how great Florida's loss was to Bama.  They had the ball at the end of the game to win it..

Sounds awfully familiar...where else have I seen this scenario. Except it may have been on the road after the home team had a free bye week the road team didn’t get all season. 

Well since I’m bound and determined to worry about all of the worst possible scenarios, outside of the NY6 bowls, the others get to choose right? With Iowa and NW having the same amount of wins and only 1 more loss, any chance they get taken for the Citrus and Outback and we slide to the Music City?

1 hour ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Well since I’m bound and determined to worry about all of the worst possible scenarios, outside of the NY6 bowls, the others get to choose right? With Iowa and NW having the same amount of wins and only 1 more loss, any chance they get taken for the Citrus and Outback and we slide to the Music City?

FWIW, I've seen three different projections -- I think they were ESPN, CBS Sports and 247 Sports -- all had us in the Citrus against Auburn.