Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

IU Football Ranked!

7 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I sincerely believe her answers would be grounded in more logic than the committees.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The committee is using logic.  Their criteria just aren’t what teams deserve it.  It’s what teams De$erve it 

Our buddy Bret Bielema is back, landing the Illini gig to the tune of $4.2 million per.

I wonder if iugradman is somewhere complaining that the Illini take football seriously while we settle for a high school coach.

Edit: I put this in the wrong thread. Not used to having multiple active football threads lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 hours ago, johnsoniu said:

Our buddy Bret Bielema is back, landing the Illini gig to the tune of $4.2 million per.

I wonder if iugradman is somewhere complaining that the Illini take football seriously while we settle for a high school coach.

Edit: I put this in the wrong thread. Not used to having multiple active football threads lol

How long was Lovie there? I didn't think it was that long

Lol, I remember him raging hard when Kansas hired Les Miles 

How long was Lovie there? I didn't think it was that long

Lol, I remember him raging hard when Kansas hired Les Miles 

5 yrs for lovie

Lol , yeah I drop over to gradmans new home occasionally to keep him up to date on Miles 0-fer campaign this year lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Wonder if the CFP committee will keep Iowa St in front of IU if they lose to Oklahoma?

The winner gets the Big 12(really 10) bid and the loser along with IU miss out.

24 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Wonder if the CFP committee will keep Iowa St in front of IU if they lose to Oklahoma?

With how they've been ranked by the CFP this season they could lose by fitty and still be ahead of IU.  I'd love for them to record those meetings to truly make it "transparent."

47 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

ISU keeping I close and having a drive at the end to win was likely the worst possible outcome for us. I don’t think there is any way they drop below us. I also now worry that NW leading late in the 3rd quarter, and simply playing in the B1G championship game will give the committee reason to move them ahead of us. A Tulsa win is still helpful, and Bama 62-3 would be nice. If Fla keeps it close, and Cincy wins.....oh boy we are suddenly looking like the odd man out.

39 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

With how they've been ranked by the CFP this season they could lose by fitty and still be ahead of IU.  I'd love for them to record those meetings to truly make it "transparent."

I agree with you but all logic points to IU is a better football team. ISU had 3 losses and today’s wasn’t as close as the scoreboard shows. Match that with OSU beating Northwestern by two TDs with a hobbled QB and quite a few covid/opt outs. A 7 point loss on the road with OSU coming off a bye week HAS to look even better. I think the committee knows they screwed IU but they don’t have the balls to admit it and correct their mistake. Either way, ISU has no business in the top 10. Florida will soon follow 

10 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

I agree with you but all logic points to IU is a better football team. ISU had 3 losses and today’s wasn’t as close as the scoreboard shows. Match that with OSU beating Northwestern by two TDs with a hobbled QB and quite a few covid/opt outs. A 7 point loss on the road with OSU coming off a bye week HAS to look even better. I think the committee knows they screwed IU but they don’t have the balls to admit it and correct their mistake. Either way, ISU has no business in the top 10. Florida will soon follow 

Logic has zero place in the room of the CFP committee.  ISU will stay in the top 10 because they hung with big bad Oklahoma.  Florida lost to a bad LSU team, at home for their second loss, and only dropped a single spot.  The committee knows what they want to see and will do what they can to get the teams that they want, resumes and logic be damned!

I think our most likely landing spot is staying at #11.

Bama - Clemson - OSU - ND - A&M - GA - Oklahoma - Cincy - Iowa St - FL - IU - Coastal

Even if Cincy loses and we slide up to #10, they will take Coastal as the group of 5 rep. Since the Orange has to take UNC, and Oregon gets the PAC-12 spot...we are out in that scenario. It’s looking increasingly likely that it’s between us and two 3 loss teams for that last spot. 

So far its Oregon, Oklahoma, O$U, ND/Clemson, Cincy/Coastal(only 1), and Bama/Florida. I'll assume Bama wins, so that means the ND/Clemson loser and aTm are probably assured of at-large bids. The at large that remains will be IU, Florida, UGA, Iowa St, and probably NW, UNC, or Miami. Unless the Illuminati want to reward Coastal or BYU for having the temerity to play a full season or USC cuz $$$, IU may still have a shot at a NY6 bowl.

You guys are way over thinking this. It is very simple and so far things have not gone well.

#1 Alabama will make playoff regardless

#2 ND should make playoff but could relegate to Orange Bowl with the big loss. This knocks UNC out of New Years 6 who is below us in rankings but in with ACC auto bid. Notre Dame would take this auto bid spot if knocked out of playoff, opening up an at large spot for IU even if they stay 11. 

#3 Clemson will make playoff regardless

#4 OSU will make playoff regardless

#5 TAMU is a New Years 6 Lock or will elevate to Notre Dame's playoff spot if committee decides to drop Notre Dame far enough

#6 Iowa St would need to fall below IU in rankings and IU move to 10 to get at large bid if Notre Dame does not fall below 4

#7 Florida would need to lose Alabama and fall below IU in rankings and IU move to 10 to get at large bid if Notre Dame does not fall below 4

#8 Georgia is not playing and will get a New Years 6 spot 

#9 Cincinnati will get in to New Years 6 as highest ranked non power 5 team with win. With loss Coastal will get this auto bid

#10 Oklahoma is into New Years 6 as Big 12 Champ

#11 IU is first team out of New Years 6 if Notre Dame holds at no. 4 unless they jump Iowa St. or Florida in rankings tomorrow. If Notre Dame is relegated to Orange Bowl, IU will get an auto spot even if they stay at 11.

No one below us will jump us since they either lost or are not playing. 

Also Oregon has Auto Bid to Fiesta Bowl as Pac 12 Champ despite their less than stellar record. 

Lots of unfairness but given rules and how things are playing out this is reality.

I will update this as games end and more results known.