Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

IU Football Ranked!

8 minutes ago, Defenserocks28 said:

How does Florida drop ONLY one spot losing to a dumpster fire LSU, at HOME.  How is Oklahoma still ahead of us?  How is Iowa State anywhere near the top 10 when they got crushed to LA-Lafayette?  Certainly, ISU should be below Coastal Carolina who actually beat LA-Lafayette.  How is Georgia in the top 10 when the only ranked teams they've played they lost to by an average of 16.5 a game??  

This is ABSURD and I'm about ready to boycott watching the entire bowl season to try and prove a point.  If enough people do it then maybe we can make a change.  

I believe the committee understands that people find them to be a joke.  Hell Rece Davis was dogging their selection on the CFP show.  There is all sorts of politicking going on in that committee and everyone knows it.  They're trying to buildup the Big 12 in the hopes they can slide one of their teams in their.  Florida dropping only one spot shows that it doesn't really matter your resume but what conference you're in. 

For the CFP, it won't really matter Sunday.  Alabama will win and they're in.  Clemson will beat Notre Dame and they'll both be in at #2 and #4, respectively.  O$U will beat Northwestern and they'll slot in at #3. 

After Florida gets handled they'll remain in the top 10 with 3 losses because they stepped on the floor with Alabama.  Iowa State and Oklahoma will also remain in the top 10 despite having 3 and 2 losses, respectively.  I mean the Big 12 is just so deep...

Haha, announcers in the Minny vs. Ill are dogging the CFP committee, one includes Dakich.  Everyone knows the committee is corrupt but they won't do anything about it.  Follow the money!

I definitely think we are screwed now. If FL keeps it decently close with Bama they won’t drop below us. Coastal will jump is by beating a ranked team. USC probably jumps us with a win. And one thing I didn’t realize is if both ND and Clemson are in the playoff, the orange bowl takes the next highest ACC team in UNC. If we are below #11 next week, I think we are out.

Go ND! LA Lafayette! Bama by a million! Tulsa! Michigan! 

(what makes this worse is the reason UNC would get in seems to suggest if the Rose bowl was not a playoff game this year, we’d be in line for Pasadena right now) :-(

I want the Fiesta Bowl vs. USC. That’s it. As long that matchup happens I’m not complaining (assuming OSU throttles NW).

College football is a very dirty, old boys club about as corrupt as Congress, except that it’s corporate sponsorships are actually all out in the open. I said this earlier and someone else just posted it tonight, this is not a world that IU fans have had to deal with until this year.

This is not going to ever change until there is an objective path for every team to have a shot at the playoff when they start the season, such as with auto-bids for winning your conference. That’s not happening until the playoff goes to 8 teams. Until then, just enjoy what we’re seeing out of our program and leave it at that. There are much bigger fish in this food chain that get screwed over every year with this system. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9521hplrmhpts3s7n7tnc

Everyone needs to go and listen to the Crimson Cast podcast, “The Theft” episode and it’ll really open your eyes to the corruption that is college football. It’s a complete farce. As IU football fans we’ve been completely shielded from it all until now.
Galen Clavio is awesome to listen to

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I never thought I'd want the BCS back!

The Sun Belt cancelling should work in our favor, and of course Iowa/Michigan cancelling. Now I think the only real threat to jump us is USC, though if everyone else stays in front of us, we're still probably out w/ the Orange having to take UNC. 

But if one of either Florida or the Big 12 loser falls behind us (surely they can't keep TWO 3 loss teams ahead of us, right?) I think we'd be in good shape, probably staying put at #11. If they both fall behind us, I think we are gold for a NY6. 

Still pulling big for Bama (huge), Tulsa, and probably Iowa St., and of course we just need OSU to not blow it. 

35 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I never thought I'd want the BCS back!

The Sun Belt cancelling should work in our favor, and of course Iowa/Michigan cancelling. Now I think the only real threat to jump us is USC, though if everyone else stays in front of us, we're still probably out w/ the Orange having to take UNC. 

But if one of either Florida or the Big 12 loser falls behind us (surely they can't keep TWO 3 loss teams ahead of us, right?) I think we'd be in good shape, probably staying put at #11. If they both fall behind us, I think we are gold for a NY6. 

Still pulling big for Bama (huge), Tulsa, and probably Iowa St., and of course we just need OSU to not blow it. 

What are folks prognostications if the Big Ten championship gets cancelled? OSU still dealing with Covid issues...

If the game is cancelled, it’s very doubtful Ohio State gets into the CFP with five games. NW would also be co-champions and only have one loss. That would prob knock us down to a second rate bowl. 

I think the game will still be on, but it’s not over yet.

9 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

What are folks prognostications if the Big Ten championship gets cancelled? OSU still dealing with Covid issues...

If the game is cancelled, it’s very doubtful Ohio State gets into the CFP with five games. NW would also be co-champions and only have one loss. That would prob knock us down to a second rate bowl. 

The committee hasnt shown to penalize OSU for games played yet. With A&M not being able to move up, I think OSU would be fine. Additionally, NW isn't going to jump us for being "co-champions" and not playing the game....

17 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

Iowa State makes it  in, loses by 50 to Bama.

35 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

They specifically state that there is no minimum game requirement to get in the playoff, but the committee loves them some Iowa St. If they win, and OSU doesn't play, I think they put Iowa St. in. Only way OSU stays, is if ND wins dropping Clemson out and keeping OSU in, but even then they may move A&M ahead of OSU as well. OSU likely reeeeaaaallly needs to play. 

But I don't think NW jumps us by not playing. They have a better win (Iowa) than we do, but a far worse loss than we do. The only thing to worry about is would the "co-champ" title give favor to NW in the committee's eyes over us? I don't know the exact rules, but I think they committee has no choice but to choose the highest ranked team available. 

Not entirely related to the playoff, but something I thought about on a 3 hour drive yesterday....imagine the chaos if OSU had to cancel their game against us, instead of Illinois? How would the Big Ten have screwed us over in that scenario? If all other things stayed the same, we would be 6-0, OSU 5-0 w/o the head to head win against us. I'm absolutely positive the league would have changed the schedules and tried to make us play the last week, but we would have had to cancel. They simply would have had no choice but to let us play in the championship game, right? Of course, they would have lucked out when we had to drop out, and OSU would have snuck in the back door. I just can't imagine the panic in the Big Ten front office having IU and NW play in the title game w/o any true path to change the rules. 

Edit....actually, the chaos would have been even more than expected. B/c the league would not have had any reason to meet last week to change the rules about minimum games requirements. So when we would have had to cancel just this past Tuesday, OSU would have still fallen below the 6 game minimum, as would Maryland behind them and by default, 3-5 Penn State would have been slated to play in the championship game. Hah! So it would have been the quickest, maddest scramble ever to get the minimum rule changed, which would have been hilarious. 

What exactly even is the draw to Iowa State? Purdy? The 6th-8th best QB prospect. Its weird how high they've climbed.

I wonder if Cincy wasn't quite as good defensively, but they had Lamar Jackon at QB if they would have dropped, If I had to guess, no

Apologies if I missed it, but is it a foregone conclusion that USC will earn the PAC12 NY6 invite regardless of tonight's outcome?  Looking at the conference standings Oregon is 3-2, USC's opponent tonight, and Washington is 3-1 and on a COVID bye.  I have a hard time imagining a world where Oregon would claim the NY6 bid with a win - but then I am reminded of Iowa St.'s standing in the CFP rankings sooooo who knows....

2 hours ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Apologies if I missed it, but is it a foregone conclusion that USC will earn the PAC12 NY6 invite regardless of tonight's outcome?  Looking at the conference standings Oregon is 3-2, USC's opponent tonight, and Washington is 3-1 and on a COVID bye.  I have a hard time imagining a world where Oregon would claim the NY6 bid with a win - but then I am reminded of Iowa St.'s standing in the CFP rankings sooooo who knows....

Winner of tonight’s game gets the PAC12 NY6 bid.