Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

IU Football Ranked!

1 hour ago, mdn82 said:

It’s all in the name...

I agree it's in the name with Georgia, Oklahoma, Miami, etc but ******* Iowa State...?  I mean the committee chair is from Iowa, WTF?!  These stupid ****s are about as bad as the Big Ten.  Will the media call them out or get down on their knees for them?!

2 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

Gotta get a Big 12 team in there somehow to get trounced. One of the other 3 teams needs an extra bye week

This is the exact reason they did it and why Oklahoma is still ranked WAY too ******* high.  They're trying to sneak the winner of that game into the CFP.  Neither Oklahoma nor Iowa ******* State deserve to be in the top 10.

This whole CFP ranking BS makes me wonder if we shouldn't have been going for style points. 

I felt like we could've scored 50 on Michigan. 

We basically laid down in the second half against Michigan State. That could've been 50-0. 

We left points out there against Maryland. 

We definitely should've had 7 more points -- and probably 10-14 more -- against Bucky. 

Would our resume look any different if we had these scores: 

IU 50, Michigan 21 
IU 50, Michigan State 0
IU 34, Maryland 11
IU 24, Wisconsin 6 

#12 is absolutely asinine. I was holding on to hope that we could sneak into the playoff, but the committee slammed the door shut on that. Are we deserving of a playoff spot? Most likely not, at least not yet. But we are a very good team and 12 is a clear message that we aren't being considered. 

18 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

This whole CFP ranking BS makes me wonder if we shouldn't have been going for style points. 

I felt like we could've scored 50 on Michigan. 

We basically laid down in the second half against Michigan State. That could've been 50-0. 

We left points out there against Maryland. 

We definitely should've had 7 more points -- and probably 10-14 more -- against Bucky. 

Would our resume look any different if we had these scores: 

IU 50, Michigan 21 
IU 50, Michigan State 0
IU 34, Maryland 11
IU 24, Wisconsin 6 

We need to change our name or have reps from the Big Ten that would actually represent Indiana and not just O$U.

26 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I agree it's in the name with Georgia, Oklahoma, Miami, etc but ******* Iowa State...?  I mean the committee chair is from Iowa, WTF?!  These stupid ****s are about as bad as the Big Ten.  Will the media call them out or get down on their knees for them?!

It’s the media, what do you think?

College Football Playoff Committee Chair Gary Barta, also the AD at Iowa explained the committee’s reasoning putting IU 12th.

“Well, the committee has really thought highly of Indiana” Barta said. “They only have one loss, and that's to Ohio State. They started off slow in that game but came back. Their defense has been strong. And then you always wonder when a team loses their leader, their quarterback, how will a team react to that, when they lost Michael Penix but Jack Tuttle came in and really did a nice job. The committee feels good about Indiana. They are 6-1 now.

When you look at some of the people that we compare around them, they don't have any top-25 wins and none of their wins are against a team with a winning record. So that certainly was considered as one of the variables.”

https://hoosierhuddle.com/hoosier-blog/indiana-comes-in-at-number-in-latest-college-football-playoff-ranking/2020/12/8
That last paragraph makes no sense! They were ranked when IU beat them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

College Football Playoff Committee Chair Gary Barta, also the AD at Iowa explained the committee’s reasoning putting IU 12th.

“Well, the committee has really thought highly of Indiana” Barta said. “They only have one loss, and that's to Ohio State. They started off slow in that game but came back. Their defense has been strong. And then you always wonder when a team loses their leader, their quarterback, how will a team react to that, when they lost Michael Penix but Jack Tuttle came in and really did a nice job. The committee feels good about Indiana. They are 6-1 now.

When you look at some of the people that we compare around them, they don't have any top-25 wins and none of their wins are against a team with a winning record. So that certainly was considered as one of the variables.”

https://hoosierhuddle.com/hoosier-blog/indiana-comes-in-at-number-in-latest-college-football-playoff-ranking/2020/12/8
That last paragraph makes no sense! They were ranked when IU beat them!

Did they talk about quality or quantity of losses with their **** Big 12 conference?! Rhetorical question

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

26 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

We need to change our name or have reps from the Big Ten that would actually represent Indiana and not just O$U.

I think it’ll mostly work itself out. Iowa St will get stompped by Oklahoma, Florida will get stomped by Alabama. I’m not sure how we manage to get ahead of anyone in the top 4 plus A&M (unless UT pulls off the upset) and Georgia. Cincinnati being ahead having played basically no one is annoying but their undefeated. 

I don’t have any allusions of finding our way into the playoff. Sadly Michigan and PSU screwed us out of having a top tier SoS. 

Like if we are going by the CFB committee logic why is OSU so high, they are playing the same damn schedule as us!

Don’t make sense! The only difference is they have a win against a team with a winning record.

Well ignore the fact that ISU and Oklahoma have bad losses and wins against just okay (until the committee ranks them higher) teams.

This and the shocked of being 12th has been a theme for the players and coaches on Twitter.
IMG_1607519482.634436.thumb.jpg.8b6d876a5e15ee5dcd95425fbedb58b8.jpg
IMG_1607519654.071831.thumb.jpg.714a0b01dcb8c5deef18d313a2e77c51.jpgIMG_1607519657.664570.thumb.jpg.98bba92c8a96a7112caf87e0a0eaaa26.jpg

Love it! I’ve been afraid the success of this season would cause a slip-up or lack of focus at some point. CTA has not allowed that to happen (yet, knock on wood) which is great.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

59 minutes ago, Bobman1 said:

Love it! I’ve been afraid the success of this season would cause a slip-up or lack of focus at some point. CTA has not allowed that to happen (yet, knock on wood) which is great.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Not only has he not let that happen he's flipped it into what seems like an even more focused and determined group.

Can't tell if this is a subtle little jab, or what? How real is it, though, if you let a team with five games in when the rule specifically stated you need six? And you wouldn't let anybody else alter their schedules when some desired to do so?  

This is such a double-edged sword. If the B1G lets Ohio $tate play in the league title game, they'd be massive hypocrites after altering rules at the last minute to let their cash cow in. On the other hand, if we do get into the championship game and win, the title won't necessarily have an asterisk, but most fans would like claim it was not legitimate. 

18 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Can't tell if this is a subtle little jab, or what? How real is it, though, if you let a team with five games in when the rule specifically stated you need six? And you wouldn't let anybody else alter their schedules when some desired to do so?  

This is such a double-edged sword. If the B1G lets Ohio $tate play in the league title game, they'd be massive hypocrites after altering rules at the last minute to let their cash cow in. On the other hand, if we do get into the championship game and win, the title won't necessarily have an asterisk, but most fans would like claim it was not legitimate. 

Wisconsin’s 7-5 team playing in and winning the 2012 Big Ten championship isn’t considered fake so why should this one be?