Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

IU Football Ranked!

Will be pretty cool to see the release of the College Football Playoff Rankings this Tuesday and see IU make it (strong assumption). Would be the first time ever and awesome exposure for the program. 

Here's to hoping Maryland has Covid under control and the game next week is played.

2 minutes ago, RatpigHoosier said:

IU getting some love during the America’s Game of the Week on FOX. Aikman acknowledging the Hoosiers and complimenting CTA. This can’t do anything but help out with recruiting. Loving it!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Did give some love but couldn't get the name of the coach out.  Joe Buck came in and saved him.

We're a football school and we don't have the results of the first CFP rankings posted yet?!

IU comes in at #12 on the list.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30383085/alabama-notre-dame-clemson-ohio-state-round-top-4-initial-college-football-playoff-rankings-9-0-byu-no-14

8 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

We're a football school and we don't have the results of the first CFP rankings posted yet?!

IU comes in at #12 on the list.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30383085/alabama-notre-dame-clemson-ohio-state-round-top-4-initial-college-football-playoff-rankings-9-0-byu-no-14

It's funny -- some of the ESPN talking heads actually were talking as if we were disrespected. Whod've ever though that we'd be included -- anywhere -- in the CFP rankings, and folks might consider our ranking too low. 

Hell, after 30 years of crummy football, I'll take it. 

LEO

51 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

IU up one spot to 11th in the Coaches Poll

How is Georgia and Miami ranked in the top 10?!

I just looked at Miami's schedule and they don't appear to have the record for a top 10 team.  They've beaten bad teams (UL, FSU) handily and barely beat decent teams (UVA +5, NC State +3, and VaTech +1) while missing the last two weeks.  We've seen other teams drop because of missed games (Wiscy, O$U).  We've already covered what Georgia did/didn't do.

How is Georgia and Miami ranked in the top 10?!
I just looked at Miami's schedule and they don't appear to have the record for a top 10 team.  They've beaten bad teams (UL, FSU) handily and barely beat decent teams (UVA +5, NC State +3, and VaTech +1) while missing the last two weeks.  We've seen other teams drop because of missed games (Wiscy, O$U).  We've already covered what Georgia did/didn't do.

Yeah it’s frustrating! I think part of it is IU’s name in the football world from a history stand point, but also the notion of how bad the Big10 is. Just not getting the respect for some reason like other programs are.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Yeah it’s frustrating! I think part of it is IU’s name in the football world from a history stand point, but also the notion of how bad the Big10 is. Just not getting the respect for some reason like other programs are.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

They have a similar schedule/record as IU but in their biggest contest of the season they got smoked by Clemson 42-17.  I guess IU will have to take care of business to pass them as they don't play for awhile.  It'd be interesting to see the rankings if IU, Georgia, and Miami all win out in the regular season.

15 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

IU back in the top 10 of the AP Poll! Only 7 pts behind Miami for 9th and ahead of UGA.

toptendiana.thumb.JPG.57ee4ceb54a0f24dd905fec267438691.JPG

Should be in the top 10 of the CFP rankings this week too.  Northwestern lost and OU/Miami both didn't play.  I could see Iowa State jumping us because they beat a name brand in Texas.

On 11/29/2020 at 2:19 PM, HoosierAloha said:

Should be in the top 10 of the CFP rankings this week too.  Northwestern lost and OU/Miami both didn't play.  I could see Iowa State jumping us because they beat a name brand in Texas.

Yup, gotta get that Big 12 love with Iowa State beating a name brand in Texas while the Big 12 does their little circle jerk of losing/winning against the same mediocre teams except it looks great when they can all rank them higher.. 

#9 ISU:  WON: OU, Texas   LOSS:  OkSt

#11 OU:  WON: Texas, OkSt, LOSS:  KState (lol), ISU

#15 OkSt:  WON: ISU LOSS:  OU, Texas

Texas:  WON: OkSt LOSS: TCU, OU, ISU

Texas isn't good (in the real world, despite the media trying to rank them).  That gives ISU, OU, and OkSt all each one good win (against each other).  Oklahoma and Oklahoma State each have a not so good loss.  How are these teams ranked so high?!

Yup, gotta get that Big 12 love with Iowa State beating a name brand in Texas while the Big 12 does their little circle jerk of losing/winning against the same mediocre teams except it looks great when they can all rank them higher.. 
Texas isn't good (in the real world, despite the media trying to rank them).  That gives ISU, OU, and OkSt all each one good win (against each other).  Oklahoma and Oklahoma State each have a not so good loss.  How are these teams ranked so high?!
I kind of wonder if this year quantity holds a little more weight in their eyes? Having played double the games of B1G and PAC 12 schools. Other than that IDK and agree. OK really doesn't make sense to me.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

7 hours ago, rcs29 said:

I kind of wonder if this year quantity holds a little more weight in their eyes? Having played double the games of B1G and PAC 12 schools. Other than that IDK and agree. OK really doesn't make sense to me.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Holy cow, how did I miss that ISU also has a loss to Louisiana at home?!  Also, the KState Oklahoma lost to, at home, is the same KState team that lost to Arkansas State the week before, at home.  WTF?!  They're ranking Big 12 teams that high after they have losses to Arkansas State and a Louisiana..?

As for the quantity, OU, OK State, and Texas all are sitting at 8 games.  I believe they'll get to 10 games with the Big Ten getting to 9.  I could understand if it's the difference between the Big 12 (8-9 games) vs. PAC 12 (3-4 games).  However, it's only a few games and one of those extra games the Big 12 played were noncon games against non stellar teams that beat them..

Yeah, if I were on the CFP Committee (which I am not) this week I would have voted for IU to sit at the #9 or #8 spot.  ISU's loss to the UL Ragin' Cajuns is a big giant blemish (like huge) to have them sit at 9.  And I get the SEC love fest from all the folk that make the calls but Georgia had two bad, like really bad, losses to Bama and FL.  IU's only blemish is a close loss to #4 OSU on the road.  I get it, Georgia is a good football team, but so is IU.  No way, in my opinion, are the 2 loss Dawgs worthy of them sitting at the 8 spot or even the top 10.

If I had to guess the reason IU isn't getting the respect from the committee is due to the conference being so down this year.  PSU and Michigan have really pooped the bed.  Had these two teams perform well during the season I'd have zero doubt IU would be top 10 easy maybe top 6.  

Regardless, all this will change next week.  IU has a really tough game this weekend and I hope they continue with their winnings ways.  Best of luck the them.  Go Hoosiers!

One other thing about the CFP Committee, UNC loses and moves up 2 spots!?  

5 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

One other thing about the CFP Committee, UNC loses and moves up 2 spots!?  

They ONLY lost by two touchdowns to the Domers!!  They got beat by FSU (FSU's lone conference win as UNC) and Virginia (losing conference record).  Let's ignore those two losses and credit them for ONLY losing by two touchdowns, at home, to Notre Dame.

Politics (I'm not talking the government kind) are everywhere and it shows in some of these rankings.  You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

I listened to Greg McElroy slob all over Florida the other day about how they should be in the CFP as the number 4 team.  I believe UF is a good football team but #4?!  They have a single win that jumps out (over Georgia) and a single loss (TAMU).  I looked at TAMU, they got handled by Bama (who hasn't) and a bunch of mediocre wins (17-12 vs. Vanberbilt?!).

I believe more so than any other year they CFP committee should give a non power 5 team a chance.  Cincy has mostly been absolutely destroying lesser competition.

Joe Klatt on FS1 just went off about the CFP rankings, in particular Georgia. According to the recruiting rankings, they’re the most talented team in college football but they’re not a top 10 team. They’re only a top 10 team because they’re in the $EC.

ESPN would be so mad at him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners