Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
mamasa

IUWBB vs Nicholls St noon

No. 24 IU Hosts Nicholls State On Sunday

Story Links

GAME NOTES

WATCH LIVE ($)

LISTEN LIVE

LIVE STATS

IU Women's Basketball Tickets Quick Buy

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. – The opening weekend homestand continues on Sunday when Indiana hosts Nicholls State at Noon ET in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall.

#24/RV INDIANA (1-0) VS. NICHOLLS STATE (0-1)

Sunday, November 10, 2019 • 12 p.m. ET

Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall • Bloomington, Ind.

Broadcast: BTN+

Radio: WHCC 105.1 FM (Greg Murray)

Live Stats: Statbroadcast

Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Promotion: 2019-20 Team Photo giveaway (south lobby only)

ABOUT THE COACHES

Indiana Nicholls State

Teri Moren DoBee Plaisance

Career Record: 303-196(16th Season) Career Record: 299-412 (26th Season)

Indiana Record: 104-66 (6th Season) Nicholls State Record: 141-190 (11th Season)

ABOUT THE COLONELS

Nicholls started off their season on Tuesday night in a 71-47 loss at Rice. They were picked to finish seventh in the Southland Conference this season and return from a 2018-19 season where they finished 20-12 and played in the Women's Basketball Invitational (WBI) for their second-straight postseason berth. A trio of seniors highlight the program's returners in guards Tykeria Williams and Airi Hamilton along with forward Chrystal Ezechukwu.

SERIES HISTORY

First meeting

NOTES

Indiana opened up the season on Thursday night with a 75-52 win over Mount St. Mary's at home. Sophomore guard Grace Berger led the way with a new career-high 24 points, seven rebounds, four assists and four steals. Her 24 points were the third most in a season opener since 2003-04.

Freshman forward Mackenzie Holmes also ended up in double figures in her collegiate debut with 15 points and seven rebounds while shooting 6-for-9 from the floor.

They were also picked to finish third (media)/fourth (coaches) in the Big Ten preseason polls.

In addition to All-Big Ten honors, redshirt junior guard Ali Patberg has pulled in a variety of nominations to national awards watch lists. The Columbus, Ind. native is one of 20 point guards on the Nancy Lieberman Award preseason watch list, a Wooden Award Preseason Top 30 candidate and is on the Women's Citizen Naismith Trophy Watch List Top 50.

The Hoosiers went 21-13 overall in 2018-19 and advanced to the NCAA Tournament second round. They defeated five teams with Top 50 RPIs and took down two Top 15 teams for the first time since 2002-

Patberg leads a group of four starters that return for the 2019-20 season. She led the way with 15.8 points, 5.0 rebounds and 4.8 assists per game as an All-Big Ten second team selection in 2018-19. All-Big Ten picks Jaelynn Penn (13.9 ppg.) and Brenna Wise (12.0 ppg, 6.8 rpg.) are also back while junior guard Bendu Yeaney continues to rehab a torn Achilles suffered in the NCAA Tournament last season.

From last season, Indiana returns 91 percent of its scoring and 72 percent of its rebounding from last season.

Seven new faces were added to the roster in the offseason, including six freshmen. It's the largest class of freshmen in six years led by 2019 Indiana Miss Basketball Jorie Allen and Maine Gatorade Player of the Year Mackenzie Holmes.

UP NEXT

The Hoosiers wrap up the homestand on Sunday, November 17 against Jackson State. Game time is set for 2 p.m. ET.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 hours ago, jk34 said:

Patberg with 7 assists already! Hope your weekend finishes better than it started. 

Appreciate it!  Car broke down outside of Cincinnati (clutch pack, could be entire transmission, and it's a hybrid). Had to get a tow truck to get car to only mechanic open, then had to get an Uber to Cincinnati airport to get rental car, then have to get it towed back to dealer (70 miles away) to see if they'll honor a bulletin (one step short of a recall).  But, if you're ever around Cleves Ohio, I absolutely cannot recommened NK&L Auto enough!  They were legit the nicest people ever (bonus point, they have a Great Dane!)

Final Box Score

Game Summary

I think our freshman MacKenzie Holmes knows how to play this game --  22 pts on 9-9 FG and 4-5 FT and added 5 reb.   Chanel Wilson bouncing back from her injuries with 10 pts. and 7 assists.  It's early and the competition has been weak but it sure looks like we've got a really strong arsenal and have some really solid strength coming off the bench.

Appreciate the kind words! It got to the point of being a “Planes Trains and Automobiles” kind of day. But, we were safe, people were fantastic, I had money to cover expenses, and I got to have a Big Boy at Frisch’s!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

32 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Appreciate the kind words! It got to the point of being a “Planes Trains and Automobiles” kind of day. But, we were safe, people were fantastic, I had money to cover expenses, and I got to have a Big Boy at Frisch’s!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Hopefully there's good news on the bulletin