Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jmsgws

Penix Out for Remainder

I just heard from someone I trust (or "trust enough") that the injury that's now got him out is the same one he suffered from for a couple of weeks.  It was always a collarbone/clavicle thing.  He tried to play through it and obviously couldn't.  Perhaps finished the job last week, but it had been hurting for a little while.

I just heard from someone I trust (or "trust enough") that the injury that's now got him out is the same one he suffered from for a couple of weeks.  It was always a collarbone/clavicle thing.  He tried to play through it and obviously couldn't.  Perhaps finished the job last week, but it had been hurting for a little while.

Almost a better answer honestly. At least it’s not many different injuries. If he was playing through that too... maybe tougher than credited?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

16 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

If true then the staff really should've sat him against Northwestern, imo... We needed him for the last three games, and with how bad Northwestern is there was no reason to have him try to play through it. 

58 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

If true then the staff really should've sat him against Northwestern, imo... We needed him for the last three games, and with how bad Northwestern is there was no reason to have him try to play through it. 

Depends on what the original diagnosis was.  Briuse?  Strain?   If something like hairline fracture or anything like a separation, I agree.  If it was already torn/cracked and they didn't pick it up via MRI or other testing, it wouldn't have mattered and would have bothered him until he suffered whatever injury he did or had surgery.    

14 hours ago, Old Friend said:

I have a coworker that overheard someone on the staff say it was his clavicle while he was still at the game. He had some sort of access in an area where there were staff members around. I'm not too familiar with the new areas of the stadium.

15 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Just let them handle it. It's literally their job. 

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Just let them handle it. It's literally their job. 

Them "handling it" has resulted in season ending injuries in two straight seasons with several injuries and missed games sprinkled in between them. 

Also kind of an odd response from you to me saying they shouldn't have played him if he was still dealing with an injury. 

On 11/7/2019 at 3:55 PM, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Them "handling it" has resulted in season ending injuries in two straight seasons with several injuries and missed games sprinkled in between them. 

Also kind of an odd response from you to me saying they shouldn't have played him if he was still dealing with an injury. 

Lol man. Must be fun to complain from the internet. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I see you finally remembered how to log on a month later. 

This response is the usual from you. Tough guy on the internet. Complains, whines.. never offers much. 

Fire Tom Allen though lol good call, chief. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

This response is the usual from you. Tough guy on the internet. Complains, whines.. never offers much. 

Fire Tom Allen though lol good call, chief. 

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Your entire persona on this site is "tough guy on the Internet."

Just now, btownqb said:

Still nothing. Later on man. 

I said to sit Penix in the Northwestern game because he's injury prone and we needed him in the next two games. Northwestern was terrible, we didn't need him in that game. You said it was a stupid idea. He then got knocked out for the season in the Northwestern game. Great call. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I said to sit Penix in the Northwestern game because he's injury prone and we needed him in the next two games. Northwestern was terrible, we didn't need him in that game. You said it was a stupid idea. He then got knocked out for the season in the Northwestern game. Great call. 

We need our best players in every game. You dont have enough information to know or offer an opinion. Message boards suck when people post crap like that.