Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Walking Boot of Doom

Welcome to the 2019-2020 IUBB Season

Figured it was time to start a 2019-2020 season thread with the home opener tomorrow. To get this thread started off right, here’s some great news from our friend Jeff!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Personally, I'm very excited to see how this team carries the momentum from the back half of last season into this one. Last year, I believe we saw Archie and Co. start to find their identity and start to really work within Archie's system.

Top things I'm looking for:

- Are Al and Armaan legitimate backup PG options to Phinisee? This will be one of the most critical factors for success this year, in my opinion.

- Is Devonte going to be a star and the catalyst for this team's success? Every good tournament team needs the guy who's going to get the bucket no matter what in crunch time.

- How good is TJD going to perform in the B1G as a freshman? I think he's going to surprise some people, but it's overly optimistic to expect Noah Vonleh level production.

- I want to see that lockdown defense of Archie's past teams. We have the right personnel with some time in the system. Need to see some significant results.

TJD Vonleh comparison is interesting. TJD won’t be the rebounder Vonleh was. Vonleh seemed to grab every defensive rebound.

Better passer, better teammate. More invested.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I should clarify it was made more to demonstrate the high bar of a freshman coming in and being B1G basketball ready. Vonleh didn’t miss a beat. Zeller came in ready. Bryant was not too far behind. I’ll be thrilled if TJD is in that Bryant to Zeller range of ready for college.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Was just looking over at another site. Andy Bottoms doesn't project IU making the 68 team field in March. Haven't looked a ton, but a buddy mentioned that this follows the trend of most way too early projections. 

I am optimistic and bullish on this team when healthy, but then again...I think I say that every year. Hoping Archie get's these kids playing hard, and we surprise a lot of people. 

Excited to kick off the season, and will be there in person as always rooting for my Hoosiers. LETS GO!