Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

GAME THREAD: 11/02 7:00PM ET Indiana vs Northwestern FS1

Its Spooky Season and the Hoosiers bowl eligible! This week we welcome the Wildcats under the lights of Memorial Stadium. Although Northwestern boasts one of the most experienced defenses in the conference, their offense has been dreadful this season ranking last in conference. According to the coaches, Penix has practiced this week but will once again be a game-time decision. But Hunter Littlejohn should be back for Indiana this week after missing the last two games. Let's hope we can pack the rock and get a good crowd behind this team! 1993 (26 years!!) was the last time we won 7 regular season games. We are currently an 11 point favorite and ESPN's Football Power Index gives us an 81.0% probability of winning on Saturday. Bill Connelly's SP+ metrics give us a slightly better probability at 87%. In terms of overall SP+ rankings:

Northwestern (1-6):

• Overall: 76
  • Offense: 126
  • Defense: 13
  • Special Teams: 97

Indiana (6-2):

• Overall: 23
  • Offense: 14
  • Defense: 42
  • Special Teams: 14

Any word on Ramsey’s injury? They said on the broadcast it looked like a potential sternum bruise which hurts like hell but shouldn’t keep him out if called upon this week. However if it’s a broken rib that could be a different story

Any word on Ramsey’s injury? They said on the broadcast it looked like a potential sternum bruise which hurts like hell but shouldn’t keep him out if called upon this week. However if it’s a broken rib that could be a different story

That hit was brutal and delivered with the crown of the helmet. Could have been a targeting penalty.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That hit was brutal and delivered with the crown of the helmet. Could have been a targeting penalty.

Should have been called targeting. That was a textbook “why we made that rule” hit. Thankfully, the defender who hit hm didn’t get seriously injured.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

7 hours ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

Its Spooky Season and the Hoosiers bowl eligible! This week we welcome the Wildcats under the lights of Memorial Stadium. Although Northwestern boasts one of the most experienced defenses in the conference, their offense has been dreadful this season ranking last in conference. According to the coaches, Penix has practiced this week but will once again be a game-time decision. But Hunter Littlejohn should be back for Indiana this week after missing the last two games. Let's hope we can pack the rock and get a good crowd behind this team! 1993 (26 years!!) was the last time we won 7 regular season games. We are currently an 11 point favorite and ESPN's Football Power Index gives us an 81.0% probability of winning on Saturday. Bill Connelly's SP+ metrics give us a slightly better probability at 87%. In terms of overall SP+ rankings:

Northwestern (1-6):

• Overall: 76
  • Offense: 126
  • Defense: 13
  • Special Teams: 97

Indiana (6-2):

• Overall: 23
  • Offense: 14
  • Defense: 42
  • Special Teams: 14

Littlejohn played last week. It was Stepaniak that was out and we won 7 regular season games in 2007. 

9 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Dont get caught looking past these guys

My exact thoughts.  Trap game written all over it.  Hopefully the boys know how special this season has been thus far and how really special it can be with a strong finish.  Go Hoosiers.

34 minutes ago, Rico said:

My exact thoughts.  Trap game written all over it.  Hopefully the boys know how special this season has been thus far and how really special it can be with a strong finish.  Go Hoosiers.

I think the momentum coming off last game coupled with the fact they’re off next week will help keep them focused on the task at hand.

I think the momentum coming off last game coupled with the fact they’re off next week will help keep them focused on the task at hand.

I’m hoping so as well. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we have a sluggish 1st half, then step it up and put it away in the 4th quarter. This will be the first game all year I will get to watch live start to finish, so I’m really excited.

50 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

I’m hoping so as well. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we have a sluggish 1st half, then step it up and put it away in the 4th quarter. This will be the first game all year I will get to watch live start to finish, so I’m really excited.

Hope you enjoy your viewing and may the good guys prevail.

Maybe not watch live..? They’ve had a pretty solid season without you watching live. I hope you don’t jinx them!

2 hours ago, Rico said:

I'm scared of the defense thinking its an easy game. The NW defense is good so the offensive side should respect them enough to be keyed in.

42 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

They’re 1-6. This is a game IU should win.

I think their record is deceiving. We’ll find out today but they’ve lost to Wisconsin, MSU, Iowa, OSU and Stanford which are all teams we have or likely would have lost to as well. Nebraska being the only outlier and they only lost to them by 3. I think we’re better than they are but our guys better show up today and play like it or we’ll be in trouble. Defense has to play better today and keep the pressure on their QBs. Here to rooting for IU going 1-0 this week. Go Hoosiers!

I think their record is deceiving. We’ll find out today but they’ve lost to Wisconsin, MSU, Iowa, OSU and Stanford which are all teams we have or likely would have lost to as well. Nebraska being the only outlier and they only lost to them by 3. I think we’re better than they are but our guys better show up today and play like it or we’ll be in trouble. Defense has to play better today and keep the pressure on their QBs. Here to rooting for IU going 1-0 this week. Go Hoosiers!

Think we’d beat Stanford but agree with your point. Better than the record indicates and their defense will be a good test for our offense. Will be interesting to see how the defense will play today.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners