Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Tyra Buss - Assistant Coach for Milwaukee Panthers

On 10/29/2019 at 4:04 PM, mamasa said:

Not sure- wondered the same thing myself!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Tyra got a culture shock when she went overseas, which is why she didnt stay in Greece. There wasnt really anything crazy that happened there, she just didnt really like being far away from her boyfriend. So upon her return I'm pretty sure that she got married to her boyfriend (secretly) in vegas and now wants to just be a fixture in Bloomington from what I understand. She is done with basketball and is just going to run camps and try out this broadcasting thing. Kind of disappointing if you ask me. I know this all sounds crazy esp the vegas part. I have a very good source close to tyra, she has 2 snap chat accounts and only very close friends have the other account because her parents are still very very strict. But yeah, no more basketball.

MaxPreps published a list of the Top 100 high school girls basketball scorers of all time.  Tyra is #10.

10. Tyra Buss — 4,897
Mt. Carmel (Mt. Carmel, Ill.), 2011-14
Besides setting the state high school scoring record, Buss is also the all-time leading scorer at the University of Indiana (2,364). Twice named Miss Basketball in Illinois, Buss was a Parade All-American, a Gatorade State Player of the Year and a MaxPreps All-American. Set the state single season mark with 1,466 points. A multi-sport athlete, Buss was a national punt, pass and pick runner-up in 2009 and also set state records in track and field. She played in the WNBA with Connecticut Sun and has played overseas in Greece.

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/dVDgCHcDskqlu90ICgZytA/top-100-high-school-girls-basketball-scorers-of-all-time.htm

MaxPreps published a list of the Top 100 high school girls basketball scorers of all time.  Tyra is #10.
10. Tyra Buss — 4,897
Mt. Carmel (Mt. Carmel, Ill.), 2011-14
Besides setting the state high school scoring record, Buss is also the all-time leading scorer at the University of Indiana (2,364). Twice named Miss Basketball in Illinois, Buss was a Parade All-American, a Gatorade State Player of the Year and a MaxPreps All-American. Set the state single season mark with 1,466 points. A multi-sport athlete, Buss was a national punt, pass and pick runner-up in 2009 and also set state records in track and field. She played in the WNBA with Connecticut Sun and has played overseas in Greece.

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/dVDgCHcDskqlu90ICgZytA/top-100-high-school-girls-basketball-scorers-of-all-time.htm

What a Beast!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Better be careful.  IU Compliance Dept. may come down on you for referring to a young woman as a Beast!    :farting_smiley:

Well, you know what the compliance compartment can do? They can stick their collective head up their collective arse, and we’d all be much better off.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Tyra's career taking a leap into coaching by assuming a position as an assistant coach for the Milwaukee Panthers, a D1 program and member of the Horizon League.

https://mkepanthers.com/news/2021/7/2/womens-basketball-rechlicz-adds-tyra-buss-to-staff.aspx