Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

GAME THREAD: 10/26 3:30PM ET Indiana at Nebraska BTN

Its October and the Hoosiers are one win away from being bowl eligible! This week we travel to Lincoln to face the Cornhuskers with hopes of winning our 3rd consecutive conference game. Nebraska is coming off a bye week but both teams are nursing some injuries. The quarterbacks for both teams are game-time decisions. Nebraska's leading RB (Maurice Washington) has already been ruled out for Saturday and backup WR/RB Wan'Dale Robinson is coming off an ankle injury. Coaches are hopeful Hunter Littlejohn will be back for Indiana this week after missing last week's game. We opened as a 1 point favorite but the line has since moved in Nebraska's favor (currently -2.5). ESPN's Football Power Index gives us a 52.3% probability of winning on Saturday and Bill Connelly's SP+ metrics give us a better probability at 68%. In terms of overall SP+ rankings:

Nebraska (4-3):

• Overall: 46
  • Offense: 44
  • Defense: 61
  • Special Teams: 126
Indiana (5-2):

• Overall: 22
  • Offense: 17
  • Defense: 41
  • Special Teams: 17

17 minutes ago, The Ola Depot said:

If he was truly in concussion protocol and practiced this week, I’d take that as a sign he doesn’t have a concussion. There’s no way they have him practice at all if they have any fear that he has a concussion.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

All concussions are different. Some guys clear it in a few days and practice all week and some take weeks. I have heard it is a concussion he has but have not confirmed.

Him practicing this week would not confirm whether he has a concussion or not although it would be a good sign it is a very mild one and will be cleared pretty fast. 

I don't know how these figures are contrived but after 7 games, I'm damn proud of where this team currently stands. 
From Bill Connelly himself:

"What is SP+? In a single sentence, it's a tempo- and opponent-adjusted measure of college football efficiency. I created the system at Football Outsiders in 2008, and as my experience with both college football and its stats has grown, I have made quite a few tweaks to the system.

SP+ is intended to be predictive and forward-facing. That is important to remember. It is not a résumé ranking that gives credit for big wins or particularly brave scheduling -- no good predictive system is. It is simply a measure of the most sustainable and predictable aspects of football. If you're lucky or unimpressive in a win, your rating will probably fall. If you're strong and unlucky in a loss, it will probably rise."

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

These keep getting better.

HoosierAloha’s weekend predictions!

“He’ll play” if he plays.
We CANNOT score fewer points than them, we’ll lose.
If Dawson Garcia really likes IU and chooses the Hoosiers he’ll commit and sign.

This is the insider information I’m here for!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

These keep getting better.

HoosierAloha’s weekend predictions!

“He’ll play” if he plays.
We CANNOT score fewer points than them, we’ll lose.
If Dawson Garcia really likes IU and chooses the Hoosiers he’ll commit and sign.

John Madden would be proud

When was the last time we were going into the last game or two hoping for that 6th win? Let’s go Hoosiers.

A win today is a massive statement and worthy of an extension and raise for Allen and DeBoer. Wommack needs some further consideration, but I don’t completely hate his first year results.

2 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

When was the last time we were going into the last game or two hoping for that 6th win? Let’s go Hoosiers.

A win today is a massive statement and worthy of an extension and raise for Allen and DeBoer. Wommack needs some further consideration, but I don’t completely hate his first year results.

The last 4 years I think we have gone into the bucket game hoping for the 6th win. 

7 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Each of the last two years we've gone into the bucket game looking for that 6th win.

*I meant weren’t going into our last two games

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app