Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan2017

Fire or ‘Way to Go!’ Tom Allen?

1 minute ago, Iugradman said:

He will also have much greater job security at IU. Winning 7 games a year will get him a statue outside Memorial Stadium. But IU is going to have to give him adequate resources. No more nickel and diming. Pay up to keep DeBoer.

He’s the most successful IU coach since before my dad was born. You aren’t wrong. If he wins us a bowl game getting 9 or 10 wins he might already have earned a statue 

23 hours ago, Iugradman said:

He will also have much greater job security at IU. Winning 7 games a year will get him a statue outside Memorial Stadium. But IU is going to have to give him adequate resources. No more nickel and diming. Pay up to keep DeBoer.

DeBoer is turning out to be a great hire that's for sure.  DeBoer is getting paid.  Something like 800k a year that could end up being $1 million per year with bonuses.  I believe it's the highest paid OC in the history of the program.  So hats off to Glass as well because he ponied up some cash. 

And I'd be fine if DeBoer goes on to pursue bigger and better things. He's earned it.  It'll just mean that CTA will have to make another hire at OC.  That's part of being successful at this kind of job.  And with the precedent set I don't think money will be an issue. 

Guess he's been vetted by FSU. Still think the chances of this are less than 5 percent -- but stranger things have happened ...

https://footballscoop.com/news/update-at-florida-state/?fbclid=IwAR0OBvZMXzjwCHM6yO4gWDLZCdx1uV-eyBQlj4upEMtcmlIfU2lr1Asz1yE
If he leaves they will give the job the deboer

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk