Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan2017

Fire or ‘Way to Go!’ Tom Allen?

“I’m very, very happy for our kids and very, very happy for our fans, because like Tom said tonight, we’re sick of talking about how close we’ve been, one to a signature win and two to qualify for a bowl,” Glass said, speaking shortly before flying back to Bloomington with IU’s traveling party. “To hit both of those things today at Nebraska was particularly gratifying, particularly knowing Nebraska’s staff had no respect for our program.”

Glass declined to elaborate on the implicated lack of respect, beyond saying, “They know, and I know, and our team knew, and I’ll just leave it at that.”

thought this was interesting...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

“I’m very, very happy for our kids and very, very happy for our fans, because like Tom said tonight, we’re sick of talking about how close we’ve been, one to a signature win and two to qualify for a bowl,” Glass said, speaking shortly before flying back to Bloomington with IU’s traveling party. “To hit both of those things today at Nebraska was particularly gratifying, particularly knowing Nebraska’s staff had no respect for our program.”

Glass declined to elaborate on the implicated lack of respect, beyond saying, “They know, and I know, and our team knew, and I’ll just leave it at that.”

Glass is celebrating at Roy's tonight in his favorite Hawaiian shirt. 

18 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

To be honest, why would Nebraska have any respect for our football team? We've traditionally been one of the worst Power 5 programs in the country. It's been a while since their last championship, but they've won five nattys, so they've traditionally been one of the best.

It's almost the exact opposite in hoops. We've won five NCAA titles and Nebraska has traditionally sucked, so I don't have a whole lot of respect for its program. When they came in to Assembly last season and whipped us, they could've had the same argument. 

And I'll say this, even after today: I'd feel a whole lot better as a Cornshuckers' hoops fan under Hoiberg than an IU football fan under Allen. 

Personally, I’d rather hear that from our coach and not AD. Glad the team overcame their own mistakes and got the W today!

If I remember correctly, shortly after he was hired Frost made a comment about how he would love to have Indiana on the schedule every year.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

What a great day. I got to see IU get a B1G road win in a cool venue, getting bowl eligible. Then was able to congratulate Coach Allen in the locker-room after the game. Jackpot day for me! 
victory.thumb.jpg.c3f0e9a00446957ace1f40d18051c247.jpg
scoreboard.thumb.jpg.4dd618eebb6312ee02f507d750a16bb3.jpg
lockerroom.thumb.jpg.fbc2cf2438a9da897c2ec2c0a33fd234.jpg

Did you get to travel with the team? Had a chance to do that but was unable. Would’ve been a great to have done that.

9 hours ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

If I remember correctly, shortly after he was hired Frost made a comment about how he would love to have Indiana on the schedule every year.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

And Indiana would love to play on Nebraska's side of the conference every year.