Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

Game Thread: 09/14 12:00PM ET Indiana vs (6) Ohio State FOX

9 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Old friend, it's like you're intentionally missing the point to make a rebuttal to an argument that no one is making. What's the play here? You act like the only two options are the status quo or Ohio State, and since we're never going to be Ohio State we shouldn't throw money at football. 

Sure, IU is never going to be Ohio State in football. But between IU and Ohio State is about every single other Big 10 team (except Rutgers). Spending money and investing in the program allows us to make gains on the 10-11 teams between us and Ohio State. Why shouldn't we do that?

What point am I missing?   Look at this thread and the "Fire Glass" thread.   People want Glass fired and are using this game as a barometer and saying "top programs do ________" whatever it is they think Indiana isn't doing.   I'm not missing the point at all.   Spending money guarantees nothing.  Indiana starts every season 0-3.  That'll be true regardless of how much money we spend.   

You and others claim Indiana has not spent money....and that's simply not accurate.   Assistant coaches are making WAY more than they were and I don't have to tell you about facilities.  Methinks I'm not the one missing the point.  Or at least not missing reality.

Indiana has finished 5th in the BTEast the last..what, 3-4 seasons; so your comment about being better than only Rutgers isn't accurate, either.  (You saw Illinois and Maryland today, right?)  This all boils down to the loss to Purdue a year ago, really because had we won and gone to a bowl, I doubt you'd be as upset.   "Throw money at it" is the argument??  Okay.   You're the same guy who kept telling me how great Ramsey was.    Got it.

24 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

The fact that he is 3rd string had more to do with learning the playbook and the fact that Ramsey has been the incumbent starter. Ramsey wasn’t going to go from starter to 3rd string to start the year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

But I don't think that that explains it. Tuttle enrolled in January and we have a new offensive coordinator. The offense is new to all 3 of them. If he is 3rd string because he hasn't learned the playbook then that's a red flag, imo.

But I don't think that that explains it. Tuttle enrolled in January and we have a new offensive coordinator. The offense is new to all 3 of them. If he is 3rd string because he hasn't learned the playbook then that's a red flag, imo.

Fisch touched on this a couple weeks ago and said that he was starting to pick up the plays better and had looked really good in practice. The reality is it has more to to with Ramsey not going from starter to 3rd string.

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

Fisch touched on this a couple weeks ago and said that he was starting to pick up the plays better and had looked really good in practice. The reality is it has more to to with Ramsey not going from starter to 3rd string.

Ramsey's the starter now with Penix injured. If Tuttle was better then they would've started him today. You don't start the inferior player against the toughest team of the season to avoid hurting feelings. 

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Yep, the recruiting rankings have been very misleading. Our "best ever" classes are still towards the back of the B1G. We've got below average classes and a below average coach. That's a recipe for disaster.

Ive sad this before. We take one step forward and say YAY while the rest of the league takes 2-3 steps forward. We arent gaining ground.

1 hour ago, DChoosier said:

Not saying that we are trending in the right direction but Wilson’s bowl teams both had 6-6 records but he partially  lucked out in that Purdue was historically putrid when  Hazel coached them.  I enjoyed Wilson’s “asterisk wins”, when he stayed close to OSU and Michigan, but he really didn’t beat any good or even average conference teams during his two bowl years as seen below.

6-6.....2-6 in conference (beat Maryland 1-7 in conf and Purdue 1-7)

6-6....4-5 in conference (MSU 1-8, Maryland 3-6, Rutgers 0-9, Purdue 1-9).

Been watching this for a lot of decades and not sure if there is a solution (as OF frequently posts, we are f’d in this division). Maybe Allen should kick bigger trash cans??

Solution- hire a better coach. They are capable of doing so. 

Ramsey's the starter now with Penix injured. If Tuttle was better then they would've started him today. You don't start the inferior player against the toughest team of the season to avoid hurting feelings. 

Oh good now we can shift to the Ramsey versus Tuttle debate.

I’m going to take a swing as say at some point this season, Tuttle passes Ramsey on the depth chart.

I have a fear basketball could be like football again this year. We knew what this football team was. Well most of us anyway.

Most predict Indiana in basketball to be 8-11 range in B1G. Yet many here think we outperform. Of course we do.

I’ll remain hopeful for both sports but the reality is the reality until it’s a new reality.

At least in basketball there is some glimmer of hope for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Oh good now we can shift to the Ramsey versus Tuttle debate.

I’m going to take a swing as say at some point this season, Tuttle passes Ramsey on the depth chart.

Maybe he does. Ramsey is mediocre. But if he's struggling to beat out Ramsey because of ability  and not because of seniority then that's a bad sign. 

I have a fear basketball could be like football again this year. We knew what this football team was. Well most of us anyway.

Most predict Indiana in basketball to be 8-11 range in B1G. Yet many here think we outperform. Of course we do.

I’ll remain hopeful for both sports but the reality is the reality until it’s a new reality.

At least in basketball there is some glimmer of hope for the future.

Okay let's hire everyone from Temple that will solve all our problems!

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Hope all the Ramsey backers are happy and will finally realize that he is NOT THE ANSWER, like the rest of us already have....if you haven’t then I suggest scheduling an eye/psych exam ASAP. Would we have won with Penix, most likely not, but he certainly would’ve given us a better chance and would’ve kept the defense off the field more-so than Ramsey. This team has A LOT to work on before their next game and I pray for a speedy recovery for Penix. I think this team felt defeated out the gate and made for a long day. Being there in person, I got to witness the weak throws of Ramsey and every throw longer than 15 yards was under thrown and he missed several wide open receivers on multiple plays...just a poor effort all around today. Anyway, let’s put this in the rear view and get ready for UConn.

1 minute ago, jbell833 said:

Hope all the Ramsey backers are happy and will finally realize that he is NOT THE ANSWER, like the rest of us already have....if you haven’t then I suggest scheduling an eye/psych exam ASAP. Would we have won with Penix, most likely not, but he certainly would’ve given us a better chance and would’ve kept the defense off the field more-so than Ramsey. This team has A LOT to work on before their next game and I pray for a speedy recovery for Penix. I think this team felt defeated out the gate and made for a long day. Being there in person, I got to witness the weak throws of Ramsey and every throw longer than 15 yards was under thrown and he missed several wide open receivers on multiple plays...just a poor effort all around today. Anyway, let’s put this in the rear view and get ready for UConn.

Lol at pretending that thinking Penix would have made that a competitive game. 

They were deeper at every position. And probably better at 20+ starting positions 

32 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Cool, Ramsey sucked. So did literally every other player on the team. Congrats on being right, I guess.  

We lost 51-10. Penix would not have done anything to change that. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Cool, Ramsey sucked. So did literally every other player on the team. Congrats on being right, I guess. I'm sure you're thrilled you got to come in here and beat your chest. You didn't wait long. 

We lost 51-10. Penix would not have done anything to change that. 

Except for move the ball, control a bit of tempo, and score more points you are spot on

47 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Truth be told, if Tuttle was still learning the playbook/struggling with some plays then I wouldn't have him over Ramsey either right now and especially wouldn't have thrown him in to a pack of hungry wolves vs O$U.

3 minutes ago, hoopsta007 said:

Except for move the ball, control a bit of tempo, and score more points you are spot on

Do tell us when Penix has shown he can do any of those things against a team of Ohio State's caliber.  

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Wait are we in fantasy land. I had no clue. 

I’m gonna go see if Natalie Portman is waiting for me upstairs brb 

I left when it was 21-3, came home hoping to see Alicia Vikander waiting for me.  Didn't happen.