Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

woodenshoemanHoosierfan

(2021) PG Carter Whitt to Wake Forest

Didn't see anything further on Whitt's ejection other than he had 12 points at the time of his ejection midway through the 3rd quarter.  Did some digging into the North Carolina high school rule book and learned you don't get a second chance.  1 technical and you're out of the game but you don't have to leave the gym which explains why Whitt was still sitting on the bench.  Whitt will also have to sit out Leesville's next 2 games so his participation in the John Wall Invite is over.  Also, he'll also have to complete the NFHS Sportsmanship course before he's eligible to return to competition.  They don't kid around in North Carolina.  A second ejection for Whitt and his entire basketball season is finished.  If he participates in another sport and should receive an ejection making it 3 total in 2 sports, he's done in all sports for the next 365 days.

https://www.nchsaa.org/sites/default/files/attachments/2.5 Sportsmanship.pdf

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Didn't see anything further on Whitt's ejection other than he had 12 points at the time of his ejection midway through the 3rd quarter.  Did some digging into the North Carolina high school rule book and learned you don't get a second chance.  1 technical and you're out of the game but you don't have to leave the gym which explains why Whitt was still sitting on the bench.  Whitt will also have to sit out Leesville's next 2 games so his participation in the John Wall Invite is over.  Also, he'll also have to complete the NFHS Sportsmanship course before he's eligible to return to competition.  They don't kid around in North Carolina.  A second ejection for Whitt and his entire basketball season is finished.  If he participates in another sport and should receive an ejection making it 3 total in 2 sports, he's done in all sports for the next 365 days.

Wow, that's brutal!

1 minute ago, ebridges24 said:

Wow, that's brutal!

It does seem pretty draconian but I'll bet it really helps keep coaches and players under control and maybe indirectly fans as well.  The Indy Star has just recently run a piece describing how there's beoming an officiating problem in Indiana as there aren't enough younger men/women entering the profession to replace those retiring for whatever reasons.  One of the reasons cited is lack of player and fan control.   My own local high school has become embarassing to me as virtually every call is met with hand gestures, eye rolls, etc.  I know if I was an official I wouldn't put up with the level of disrespect I see from my own school.  

Wow. That’s really really dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Evan Daniels - 247Sports

RALEIGH, N.C. -- The 2020 class continues to get stronger because of the influx of recruits willing to reclassify up a grade. Carter Whitt is among the 2021 names that is considering the option.

“I’m not sure yet, either way I’m going to make that decision probably after the season but going to see how the season goes and see if I’m ready to go to college or not,” Whitt explained at the John Wall Holiday Invitational.

Whitt, a standout at Raleigh (N.C.) Leesville Road, said ultimately his decision will come down to being ready for the collegiate level and which schools offer the right fit for him.

“If I’m ready to go in and contribute and I see a situation and a playing style and a coach that I think is a good fit then yeah that is an opportunity that I will look for,” Whitt said.

Whitt said Ohio State, N.C. State, Nebraska, Indiana, Boston College, Wake Forest, Virginia Tech have consistently been in contact with him. Thus far he’s taken an official visit to Boston College, plus unofficial visits to Wake Forest and Virginia Tech. White discussed those three visits:

Boston College: “It was good, I liked it a lot up there. Yeah, they’re pushing that, they want me to come next year.”

Wake Forest: “Coach [Rex] Walters, I like him a lot, he comes down to see me a lot. My dad went to school there so I’ve looked into Wake a little bit.”

Virginia Tech: “It was good, with coach [Mike] Young there, they’re going to be constant in the ACC and I like the way they play a lot.”

The next step for Whitt is to set up two more official visits during the season and two more after. Whitt said he’s working on scheduling two now.

“I’m setting one right now with Nebraska and I think I’m going to set one with Ohio State,” Whitt said.

Whitt currently ranks as the No. 55 overall prospect and the No. 8 point guard in the 2021 247Sports Composite Rankings.

It does seem pretty draconian but I'll bet it really helps keep coaches and players under control and maybe indirectly fans as well.  The Indy Star has just recently run a piece describing how there's beoming an officiating problem in Indiana as there aren't enough younger men/women entering the profession to replace those retiring for whatever reasons.  One of the reasons cited is lack of player and fan control.   My own local high school has become embarassing to me as virtually every call is met with hand gestures, eye rolls, etc.  I know if I was an official I wouldn't put up with the level of disrespect I see from my own school.  

Harsh? Yes. Effective? Yes. I actually love this. Similar to OF, several of the coaches in my high school seem to be auditioning for a role in an upcoming Hallmark movie. The foot stomping, the playing to the fans, the constant questioning of the officials is out of control. I hated seeing players slap the officials on the butt after having the foul explained to them.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Eric Bossi -

One of the top ranked point guards in the class of 2021, four-star Carter Whitt is off to a strong start and has plenty of high level options.

The 6-foot-2 floor general at Raleigh (N.C.) Leesville Road broke down how his season has been going so far during the John Wall Holiday Invitational.  “We’ve been playing pretty well and I’m averaging a trip double," Whitt told Rivals.com. We haven’t won some games that we could have won but we’ve had a good start."

Academically, Whitt could also enroll as a member of the class of 2020 or he could elect to stay in 2020.  He's got Boston College, Clemson, Indiana, Maryland, N.C. State Nebraska, Ohio State, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest among the many in contention and they like the way he leads.

“I’ve been playing well, scoring and getting my teammates involved," said Whitt. "I’m just trying to stay aggressive. I’m working on getting stronger, finishing through contact and my three ball, extending my range.”

Whitt has taken an official visit to Boston College and is in the process of setting up trips to Nebraska and Ohio State. He's also familiar with some of the more local programs like State, Wake and Tech. He discussed them all.

Boston College: “I took an official visit to Boston College in the fall. BC was good. I liked it a lot up there. They are pushing (North Carolina pipeline) and they want me to come for next year.”

N.C. State: “N.C. State they have stayed in contact. They had my AAU teammate commit and coach (Kevin) Keatts has come to see me a couple of times.”

Nebraska: “(Fred) Hoiberg was a good coach at Iowa State and he put like 10 guys in the NBA in five years. The way they play, they space the floor and let their guards play."

Ohio State: “They’ve come down to see me a bunch. Coach (Chris) Holtmann has been down twice and that says a lot when the head coach is coming to see you, flying in. It’s Ohio State, they have all of the top facilities and stuff like that and they are winning at a high level.”

Virginia Tech: “That was good. With coach (Mike) Young there they are going to be constantly winning in the ACC. The way they play, I like the way they play a lot.”

Wake Forest: “Wake, coach (Rex) Walters I like him a lot. He’s come out to see me a bit and my dad went to school there so I’ve looked into them a bit.”

RIVALS' REACTION, WHAT'S NEXT?

Whitt needs to get stronger but he is a heady point guard who really sees the floor and he's dangerous as a jump shooter. Because of his need to develop physically, a redshirt may be beneficial if he elects to enroll as a member of the class of 2020.

His next visits will be to Nebraska and Ohio State and the Big 10 programs really seem to have caught his attention. Like others recruiting him, they have given him the option to enroll in the summer or wait until 2021. The decision of 2020 vs. 2021 won't come for at least a few more months.

“I’m not sure yet," said Whitt when asked which class he will graduate with. "I’m going to make that decision after the season. I’m going to kind of see how the season goes and if I’m ready to go to college or not."

Ultimately the decision will come down to opportunity and which programs are the best fit.

“It’s a little bit of both," said Whitt. "If I’m ready to go in and contribute and if I see a situation and playing style and coach that’s a good fit then that’s the opportunity I would look for.”

Whitt's normal graduation is '21 but there's been chatter for quite some time that he could re-class to '20.

Millbrook vs Leesville Road is a major rivalry game and the announcers said the fire marshal closed the building when it had become SRO.  In OT, Leesville won 72-68.  I had Whitt with 19 pts. on 6-19 FG; 1-7 on 3s; 6-10 FT; 7 reb; 4 asst; 5 TO; 4 stls.

This was only the second game I've watched Whitt.  The first was his game in the John Wall Classic when he was ejected.  If Devonte Green frustrates you.......    My opinion is that he shows little interest in playing defense.  He took several ill-advised 3s and off-balance shots trying to drive to the basket when he'd have been better off to dish the ball off.  He shows visible frustration against his teammates when he doesn't get the ball and also visible frustration with the officials.  He is surrounded by a pretty good team.  Leesville is not a Greenwood or St. Paul's where the team's heart and soul is basically with one player.  Color me not impressed.

Corey Evans in response to the questions:  Who leads for Carter Whitt if you could only pick one school?  Does the IU visit move the needle?

I am not sure that I can go there just yet, primarily because Carter Whitt does not even know what year he will enroll in college. The top 75 junior just took official visits to Indiana and Nebraska last week, and he will head to Virginia Tech this weekend. He is also working on a date for Ohio State. Marquette, NC State, Notre Dame and Wake Forest are also heavily involved.

From the looks of it, one would assume that Whitt would be hellbent on reclassifying into the 2020 class because of the onslaught of official visits. Not so fast. Whitt is giving his due diligence to the schools recruiting him, and he is still deciding whether or not he will enroll in college this fall. My guess is that with the major need for someone in his mold by practically every school recruiting him that he eventually decides on a reclassification.

When it comes to leaders, NC State was the frontrunner earlier in the process, but things may have changed since then. No one clearly stands out right now, so it would appear that his string of visits could decide where Whitt ends up - and as soon as this fall.

Corey Evans  on the top '21 candidates to potentially re-class.  IU targets Whitt and Lander both on his list.  

WHITT

On the fence on reclassifying, the indecisiveness hasn’t stopped Whitt from investigating his various college options in recent weeks. The four-star junior has been one of the more productive Tar Heel State ballplayers in recent memory, which is why NC State invested so much into his early recruitment.

The Wolfpack remain heavily involved, but his commitment will not come easy. Whitt took an official visit to Boston College in the fall and, just last week, visited both Indiana and Nebraska. He will head to Virginia Tech this weekend and could check out Ohio State before the season wraps up. Marquette, Notre Dame and Wake Forest are also involved. Whitt won’t make a reclassification decision until the spring, at the earliest, and a college commitment should be expected around the same time.

LANDER

Arguably the quickest player in the game, there is no question Lander’s speed will translate to the next level. The question is when that next step will be taken. Talk surrounding him possibly reclassifying picked up earlier this winter and could further in the coming weeks but the percentages remain in Lander sticking with his original class.

There still is a chance that he makes the move into the 2020 class with his top three potential landing spots being Indiana, Louisville and Michigan. Lander took official visits to all three programs in the fall and while Indiana had garnered most of the talk at one point, Louisville might sit in the best spot right now.