Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) C Javonte Brown-Ferguson

Travis Branham of 247Sports -

UConn transfer and former 2020 four-star recruit, Javonte Brown-Ferguson, is set to make his college announcement Friday night at 8:00 PM ET, he tells 247Sports.

Brown was the No. 123 ranked overall prospect exiting high school and prior to his commitment to UConn, he was being heavily pursued by Kansas and Texas A&M.

The 6-foot-11 and 230-pound Canadian center played in two games for the Huskies this season, posting a season total of four points and two rebounds.

Brown is an intriguing big man with talent and upside. He possesses terrific physical tools for the positions pushing seven-feet tall with long arms and a budding frame.

Offensively, he possesses good hands and touch and is a capable scorer with his back to the basket as well as in pick-and-roll situations.

Defensively, given his size, length and athleticism, Brown has high upside as a rim protector and rebounder and his ability on this end will only improve as he settles in and builds his frame.

There is plenty of upside to tap into with Brown, who reclassified from the 2021 class to the 2020 class upon his initial commitment to the Huskies.

Here's a kid that held an IU offer back in 2019.  Recruited to UConn by a current IU assistant coach.  He enters the transfer portal and we make a second push with the same recruiter who got him to UConn.  He commits to A & M the day after we fail to show up for the PUke game.   Coincidence?  We'll never know but it surely makes me wonder.

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Here's a kid that held an IU offer back in 2019.  Recruited to UConn by a current IU assistant coach.  He enters the transfer portal and we make a second push with the same recruiter who got him to UConn.  He commits to A & M the day after we fail to show up for the PUke game.   Coincidence?  We'll never know but it surely makes me wonder.

People rarely get on the ship as it sinks. 

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

A&M was in his final schools the first time around.  IU wasn’t.   I’m not sure how serious of push there was from IU this time around.   

15 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

A&M was in his final schools the first time around.  IU wasn’t.   I’m not sure how serious of push there was from IU this time around.   

Thanks for clarification.  I'll admit I'm still feeling the sting of Thursday night and not in an overly benevolent mood.  By nature I'm not a patient person and Archie's product is starting to wear thin.