Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) C Logan Duncomb to Xavier

1 hour ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Its literally just hair…. Lol

True.

I played HS basketball for a HoF coach.  Coach had rules for hair.  Off the ears, off the collar, and out of the eyes.  You either followed his rules, or you didn't play.  BTW, no facial hair either.

On 9/27/2021 at 1:46 PM, Rico said:

True.

I played HS basketball for a HoF coach.  Coach had rules for hair.  Off the ears, off the collar, and out of the eyes.  You either followed his rules, or you didn't play.  BTW, no facial hair either.

Rico, admit it.  Your haircut/style was straight out of "Hoosiers".... Jimmy Chitwood special.   :))))

17 minutes ago, rayl456 said:

Rico, admit it.  Your haircut/style was straight out of "Hoosiers".... Jimmy Chitwood special.   :))))

Maybe just a tad like Jimmy's!

10 hours ago, Southside said:

I think the pics are a little gimmicky. 

The before pics both have arms crossed, while the after pics have the flex arms pose lol. 

Agree.  While I don't doubt Marshall's program is great for strength and conditioning, there's one thing that always strikes me: we see the pics and hear about the various drills but seldom have we been at great advantages over an opponent in these areas.  All teams do this type of training I figure.

10 hours ago, pumpfake said:

Agree.  While I don't doubt Marshall's program is great for strength and conditioning, there's one thing that always strikes me: we see the pics and hear about the various drills but seldom have we been at great advantages over an opponent in these areas.  All teams do this type of training I figure.

IDK. I think it's partly we just don't recruit big thick dudes lol...

But I think we absolutely saw Race transform both his body and his play. 

BB is a bit tough to really grade stuff like this. Got to be careful with Gs for instance, as you don't want to risk changing the shot too much. That really goes for all positions, but most relevant to Gs and stroking wings. And some teams just recruit more for bully ball. 

I think the pics are a little gimmicky. 
The before pics both have arms crossed, while the after pics have the flex arms pose lol. 

You nailed it

Add in better lighting with a little zoom and they look huge! In actuality, they’re posture changed because they’re shoulders are pulled back. I have no doubt they got a lot stronger but 20 pounds on a 6-5 or 6-9 frame over a year starting from scrawny kids isn’t some groundbreaking transformation. Happy they put in the work to gain strength and hope it helps them on the court.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The pictures are absolutely gimmicky.

A twenty pound weight gain on an in-shape kid is also kinda a natural progression at that age, but it’s good to be reminded that these players will continue to physically mature between ages 18-22, and that bringing back most of our key players is really beneficial.

15 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

You nailed it

Add in better lighting with a little zoom and they look huge! In actuality, they’re posture changed because they’re shoulders are pulled back. I have no doubt they got a lot stronger but 20 pounds on a 6-5 or 6-9 frame over a year starting from scrawny kids isn’t some groundbreaking transformation. Happy they put in the work to gain strength and hope it helps them on the court.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The old, "I'm going to crush this basketball" pose to show off the biceps lol....

All kidding aside, still happy they tweeted about it. 

9 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

The pictures are absolutely gimmicky.

A twenty pound weight gain on an in-shape kid is also kinda a natural progression at that age, but it’s good to be reminded that these players will continue to physically mature between ages 18-22, and that bringing back most of our key players is really beneficial.

Yup. And likely almost all muscle weight gain. 

Both needed it big time. 

Logan Duncomb is one chippy, funny, blunt as hell guy. From his interview with the Hoosier Hysterics posted yesterday:

HH Eric: "You do seem like the kind of player with the attitude that just annoys the sh!t out of the other team and it seems like that's a role that you would relish. Am I far away from that?"

Logan Duncomb: "No."

Good stuff 

27 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Logan Duncomb is one chippy, funny, blunt as hell guy. From his interview with the Hoosier Hysterics posted yesterday:

HH Eric: "You do seem like the kind of player with the attitude that just annoys the sh!t out of the other team and it seems like that's a role that you would relish. Am I far away from that?"

Logan Duncomb: "No."

Good stuff 

Let's hope he has lots of opportunities this season to do just that.

From the Indy Star

IU center Logan Duncomb had surgery to address sinus issue, timetable for return unknown

Indiana sophomore center Logan Duncomb underwent surgery last week to address a major sinus infection, a source familiar with the situation told IndyStar.

At this time, it's unknown whether he will be able to return to game action this season.

Contacted for a comment on Monday, a spokesperson said the program wouldn’t elaborate further.

Duncomb has been characterized by IU as out due to a non-COVID illness since Indiana’s game against Minnesota on Jan. 25. His last appearance in a game was against Wisconsin on Jan. 14. He was in uniform for Indiana's games against Illinois and Michigan State, but did not play.

Duncomb has only appeared in nine games this season, averaging 2.9 points and 1.7 rebounds per game. His best game this season came against Elon when he scored 10 points and grabbed five rebounds.