Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) C Logan Duncomb to Xavier

6 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

In a perfect world, I think he'd be an ideal candidate to redshirt to give his body more time to develop as he is young for his grade level.

On another note regarding his scoring average this past high school season.  The biggest share of Moeller's games were blowouts and its starting 5 got lots of bench time as a result.  3 of the 5 averaged right at the 14 ppg level, one of whom was a senior.  The entire team's stats are available at the link below.  Interesting to follow next year to see if he becomes more of a focal point in the Moeller offense.

http://gcls.gclsports.com/bkTeamStats.aspx?satc=159&year=2019&schoolid=17

Worth mentioning that in 2018-9, Miles McBride averaged 13.8 points per game at Moeller as a senior (Duncomb was a sophomore and averaged 7.7;  he averaged 13.8 as a junior).  McBride was a freshman at West Virginia last year and averaged 9 1/2 points, 2 1/2 rebounds, and 2 1/2 assists as a freshman and was on the Big 12 all-freshman team.  14 points per game at Moeller as a junior is pretty damn good.

8 hours ago, Feathery said:

You do realize that the model is changing in college sports in the next 2 years. The McD 1 and dones will be going straight to the NBA, not college. So you need guys who can develop over years. LD could average 15-8 his senior year, all depends on development. Think the Wisconsin model for big men, that’s what we are going to. Then sprinkle in a TJD and KL a yea. Then you have yourself a final four caliber team. But when those guys leave after 2 years, you need guys like LD ready to step in and produce. That’s how you sustain success and not have the highs and lows where you miss the NCAA’s. 

I highly doubt we are done recruiting big. Be happy we got a guy who could be a very solid piece down the road. Hell maybe he blows up over the next year and becomes a top 50 recruit. Who knows. 

Also, you expect LD to be a bench player but his actual rating score is higher than Leal who you have as a starter. Leal is a .9522 on 24/7, LD is a .9556 on 24/7. I think both will be starts by their junior years but not expecting it as freshmen. 

Bingo.  And LCS has pretty much says he expects that Leal will play over Durham next year.

41 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Alec Lasley - 2021 IU commit Logan Duncomb continues to impress. Great ability to run the floor, good hands, soft touch. Offensive game has very much evolved over the past year

I have high hopes for this kid. i believe we will be surprised on what he brings to our team.

20 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Agreed. Still hope TJD sticks around so we don’t need him freshmen year but excited overall for him 

Absolutely! That’s how Archie has to build this thing. Easier said than done, but clearly IU is not going to be a one and done factory, so to be like programs like UVA, UNC, Villanova, MSU, even Wisconsin, you have to stack these really good players and have them cross over. 

Part of the problem with the Crean era was he was always replacing guys. Zeller never played with Vonleh, Vonleh never player with Thomas Bryant, etc., etc. That’s where the loss of Luke Fisher hurt, he might have been the bridge between Vonleh and Bryant. You need those 4 year “bridge guys”.

Ideally for Archie, you land Kaufman, and both Kaufman and Duncomb play a season with TJD before they “takeover”.

38 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Absolutely! That’s how Archie has to build this thing. Easier said than done, but clearly IU is not going to be a one and done factory, so to be like programs like UVA, UNC, Villanova, MSU, even Wisconsin, you have to stack these really good players and have them cross over. 

Part of the problem with the Crean era was he was always replacing guys. Zeller never played with Vonleh, Vonleh never player with Thomas Bryant, etc., etc. That’s where the loss of Luke Fisher hurt, he might have been the bridge between Vonleh and Bryant. You need those 4 year “bridge guys”.

Ideally for Archie, you land Kaufman, and both Kaufman and Duncomb play a season with TJD before they “takeover”.

You describe the track spot on, though I’ll be pretty surprised if TJD plays a 3rd year. Would be happy to be wrong. I think that’s why missing on Garcia was such a shame. Would have been a great complimentary guy with Trayce this year and the primary interior option next. Oh well. 

19 minutes ago, Demo said:

You describe the track spot on, though I’ll be pretty surprised if TJD plays a 3rd year. Would be happy to be wrong. I think that’s why missing on Garcia was such a shame. Would have been a great complimentary guy with Trayce this year and the primary interior option next. Oh well. 

Good call on Garcia, he would have been the perfect bridge guy. Pretty tough to expect TJD to stay an extra year, especially with all the uncertainty currently. A lot greater chance pro basketball is back before college. 

Out of Curiosity why did this not get moved to the main board?  

Our boy had his way with furst. Held Furst to single digits. Had 29 points and apparently easily at least 10 boards. 

Hopefully Trey liked what he’s getting from the Center position and wants to keep it going. 

He went 11-12 from the ft line today. Also a reminder he is young for his grade. I’m more impressed with him the more I see him play. If he ever adds a 3 pt shot to his game Watch out

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Saw him try to break it out a few times after a board too. Lol.
In the post, he knew what he wanted and did it. Him and Trey worked the high low action very nicely as well.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, maharkn said:

Seemed to be a couple inches taller then anyone on the court. Does that make him a legit 6'10

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Probably he’s been listed as 6’9 for a bit and and likely still growing.