Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) C Logan Duncomb to IU, to Winthrop

The portion about Gunn appears in his own thread.

Mike Pegram - Duncomb, Gunn lead teams through early playoff challenges

Indiana signee Logan Duncomb and junior Indiana commit C.J. Gunn have helped lead their teams through the gauntlet of early state playoff action.

That's not normally an easy task given the depth of good teams based in the big cities of Cincinnati and Indianapolis.

This year was a little easier for Duncomb's Moeller High team as Cincinnati area rivals Withrow and Little Miami had to cancel early District matchups against Moeller.

The "no contest" games pushed Moeller into the District semifinals last Saturday against Middletown. Despite being the school that produced Jerry Lucas, Chris and Butch Carter, and Vince Edwards, Middletown was no match for Moeller, falling in a 51-22 rout.

The Crusaders easy win came despite foul trouble for Duncomb, who fouled out and was limited to 21 minutes. In that time he was 3-for-6 from the field and finished with six points and five rebounds.

In Saturday's District finals against Miamisburg, Duncomb was able to stay out of foul trouble and a big third quarter by Moeller helped the Crusaders rest their big man in the final quarter, limiting him to 18 minutes.

Duncomb had 12 of his 19 points in the first 12 minutes of the game, enabling Moeller to jump out to a double-digit lead midway through the second quarter. The Crusaders would go on to a 75-54 victory.

For the game, Duncomb was 7-for-9 from the floor, grabbed nine boards, and swatted a pair of shots in his 18 minutes.

Moeller will now face St. Xavier in the OHSAA Regional Semifinals on Wednesday night at Princeton High School in a 5:30 p.m. ET tip.

Moeller (19-4) and St. Xavier (19-2) split their two regular-season contests, with the victor winning on their opponent's home floor.

There will be no state championship for Moeller this year as they were beaten 40-38 tonight by Centerville in a regional final and Duncomb's high school career is over.  Hopefully have stats available tomorrow.

From Alec Lasley - '21 Logan Duncomb goes for 14 pts and 13 reb in a 40-38 loss in the Regional Final.

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
Added Stats

On 4/6/2021 at 12:26 PM, rayl456 said:

I'm hoping we're all going to be pleasantly surprised by this young man's work ethic, motor, knowledge of the game, willingness to be coached.  He's a four year guy, who I believe will be a terrific team player.

Do we know anything about his work ethic?  I have not seen him play, does he play with a great deal of energy today? 

10 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Really encourage everyone to read this.  Most of what we read about commits and targets relates to the game of basketball but this is a great peak into a life apart from basketball and the events that can shape lives.

Really encourage everyone to read this.  Most of what we read about commits and targets relates to the game of basketball but this is a great peak into a life apart from basketball and the events that can shape lives.
This is one of the reasons I like watching the Journey on BTN. I enjoy getting an inside look at B1G basketball players

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Somebody help me please.

I just now randomly saw an extremely short video clip of less than a second of L-Dunc that appears to show he may have traded his signature mullet in for a 90's alterna-bob. If my eyes are to be believed and this is true, I could not be much more disappointed at this time. Unless this means L-Dunc intends to sport a succession of outrageously annoying hairstyles during his IU career, and these two offerings, if true, are only the first two.

Somebody please confirm. Say it isn't so. But if it is true, I hope his next hairstyle then will be that one with all of the hair on the head pushed forward from the back into a gelled piece in the front that sticks up like the curve of a question mark as if emphasizing the question "why?"

2 hours ago, chicagoHOOSIER said:

Somebody help me please.

I just now randomly saw an extremely short video clip of less than a second of L-Dunc that appears to show he may have traded his signature mullet in for a 90's alterna-bob. If my eyes are to be believed and this is true, I could not be much more disappointed at this time. Unless this means L-Dunc intends to sport a succession of outrageously annoying hairstyles during his IU career, and these two offerings, if true, are only the first two.

Somebody please confirm. Say it isn't so. But if it is true, I hope his next hairstyle then will be that one with all of the hair on the head pushed forward from the back into a gelled piece in the front that sticks up like the curve of a question mark as if emphasizing the question "why?"

I think both haircuts are just coincidentally in style right now for 18-22 year olds 

8 hours ago, chicagoHOOSIER said:

Somebody help me please.

The next Dennis Rodman?