Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) C Logan Duncomb to Xavier

10 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Seems really strange that he only seems to take a couple shots a game, why is that?

I can't answer your question.  But you can look at his stats for last season and this season and at least on a per game basis his number of attempted shots is identical at 8 per game.   But his average for his last 6 games is just 6.  

http://gcls.gclsports.com/bkPlayerStats.aspx?player=585695

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/LongFormArticle/Bossis-Best-Ten-good-fits-from-the-class-of-2021-Florida-Kentucky-Creighton-Michigan-North-Carolina-Texas-Indiana-Michigan-State-Maryland-Illinois-160831880/#160831880_7

Bossi's Best: Ten good fits from the class of 2021

Logan Duncomb is included in his 10 and the following are his comments on Duncomb.

Current rank: 63.

Committed to: Indiana.

Bossi's take: There appears to be a really good chance that Trayce Jackson-Davis will head off to the NBA after this season. If he does, that departure would leave a pretty gaping hole on Indiana's front line. Even if elects to return for his junior season in Bloomington, the Hoosiers could really use another able bodied and ready to contribute big man and that's why Logan Duncomb appears to be such a good fit.

Duncomb has been getting better each step of the way during his high school career and really looks to be on the verge of taking the next step in his development. He runs the floor well, is a plus rebounder, has very good hands and he's got a wiry strong frame that will easily carry more weight without costing him any flexibility or quickness. Watching Duncomb as a senior, his touch around the rim and potential as a guy who is going to be able to add to his game while facing the rim really stand out. Can he replace the production of Jackson-Davis if he leaves for the NBA? That's a lot to ask. But, he Duncomb should arrive ready to provide solid and productive minutes.

Moeller hosting St. Xavier in its final game of the regular season.  Moeller opens tournament play against Little Miami at 3:00 on Saturday the 20th.  Don't know what Moeller's problem was tonight but it fell behind early and trailed by 13 at the end of 3 quarters before mounting a 4th Q comeback but still fell short losing 51-46.

Duncomb played 25 min. scoring 11 pts. on 4-12 FG; 3-6 FT; 7 reb; 3 asst; 2 stl; 1 blk; 0 TO.

Evan Mahaffey played 27 minutes scoring just 1 point; 3 reb; 5 asst; 3 stl; 5 TO.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Moeller hosting St. Xavier in its final game of the regular season.  Moeller opens tournament play against Little Miami at 3:00 on Saturday the 20th.  Don't know what Moeller's problem was tonight but it fell behind early and trailed by 13 at the end of 3 quarters before mounting a 4th Q comeback but still fell short losing 51-46.

Duncomb played 25 min. scoring 11 pts. on 4-12 FG; 3-6 FT; 7 reb; 3 asst; 2 stl; 1 blk; 0 TO.

Evan Mahaffey played 27 minutes scoring just 1 point; 3 reb; 5 asst; 3 stl; 5 TO.

I won’t be satisfied until he has a game with negative turnovers.

Alec Lasley - 

The 2021 McDonald's All-American Game nominees were announced on Thursday morning and Indiana signee 

Logan Duncomb  was amongst the names on the list.

The McDonald's All-American teams will be announced later this month, although no game will be played this season.

Duncomb is Indiana's lone class of 2021 signee after committing to the Hoosiers back in April of 2020.

The 6-foot-9 big from Cincinnati, Ohio is averaging 13.3 points per game on 57.9 percent shooting from the field. He also adds 8.7 rebounds per game and 1.1 blocks per game.

Duncomb is ranked No. 72 in the Rivals150 class of 2021 rankings.

Duncomb has been one of the biggest risers in the class of 2021, climbing from unranked at the start of his junior season, to No. 139 to begin his senior season, to now a consensus four-star and top-100 recruit.

"I feel like I’ve just become a lot more confident with my offensive game," Duncomb recently told TheHoosier.com. "Being a year older has also helped me learn where and how to make my post moves, position myself for rebounds, position myself in the offense to be the most effective.

"Having great teammates around me has also helped, forcing defenders to stay on their man leaving me one on one in the post."

Physically, Duncomb is much bigger than he was last season, and even when he committed to Indiana. As a junior, he was more of a lanky big man who would get moved around a bit. Now, he has definitely grown into his frame and has added muscle that allows him to be much more of a force in the paint.

That, to go along with his 7-foot wingspan is a terrific starting point and something that is a very good combination heading into the Big Ten.

“Logan is a throwback front court player with a relentless work ethic and a genuine love for competing," IU head coach Archie Miller said. "He is an elite runner in the open court with an exceptional feel for the game. He also craves the physicality that he will encounter in the Big Ten."

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Logan is a throwback front court player with a relentless work ethic and a genuine love for competing," IU head coach Archie Miller said. "He is an elite runner in the open court with an exceptional feel for the game. He also craves the physicality that he will encounter in the Big Ten."

You had me at "throwback front court player"   : ) 

In a district semifinal game in the Ohio state tournament, Moeller pounded Middletonw 51-22.  First game Moeller has played in nearly 2 weeks as their first 2 tournament opponents had to forfeit due to COVID.  I haven't seen any final game stats for Duncomb only what he had at halftime --  7 pts; 3 reb; 1 asst.; 3-3 FG.

In terms of Duncomb's shot totals, it is important to remember that he is playing beside two other senior D1 commits and there is a fourth player who is a junior that is already drawing interest from Cincy, Xavier, IU, and West Virginia.  It's also a team that doesn't push tempo -- they are taking 41 shots per game.

In terms of Duncomb's shot totals, it is important to remember that he is playing beside two other senior D1 commits and there is a fourth player who is a junior that is already drawing interest from Cincy, Xavier, IU, and West Virginia.  It's also a team that doesn't push tempo -- they are taking 41 shots per game.

Yep. I wish he’d score more too, but they’re a methodical program that plays great team basketball. It’s quite literally the opposite of most schools today. In their offense, the open guy gets the shot and there’s not a ton of one on one basketball.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app