Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) C Logan Duncomb to Xavier

Eric Bossi comments after yesterday's game:

Four-star post player Logan Duncomb was able to give Indiana fans a preview of what he'll bring to the table for the Hoosiers next season. After getting off to a great start thanks to his aggressive play on the glass and in the post, he did fade some while scoring 11 points and grabbing around 10 rebounds. The takeaway here is that he looks much more mobile in person than he does on film and his lean/wiry frame is one that should be easy to build on in a college weight room.

Moeller (3-1) defeats Centerville 71 - 58.  Duncomb played 29 minutes scoring 24 pts. on 9-11 FG and 6-9 FT.  He added 11 reb (6 off); 1 asst; 1TO.   Next game against Bellbrook on the 22nd.

Evan Mahaffey played 30 minutes scoring 5 pts. on 2-5 FG; 1-4 FT; 8 reb; 4 asst; 5 TO; 1 blk.

7 hours ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

Yep, 

We got us a good one with this kid! I think he is going to fit right in. Just hope that TJD stays a bit longer and can mentor him his frosh year. 

I don't keep up with NBA draft boards but I see a 6'9 inch player who's still a very good and improving post player without much of a outside game.Not sure that translates at that level.

Hope he comes back or we're going to have to beat the bushes looking for grad transfer and or sleeper bigs.

I don't keep up with NBA draft boards but I see a 6'9 inch player who's still a very good and improving post player without much of a outside game.Not sure that translates at that level.
 Hope he comes back or we're going to have to beat the bushes looking for grad transfer and or sleeper bigs.
It's all about potential and if scouts think he can develop an outside shot they'll draft him based on all of his other attributes. Just MO

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, rcs29 said:

It's all about potential and if scouts think he can develop an outside shot they'll draft him based on all of his other attributes. Just MO

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

They don’t appear to high on his ability to develop that shot based on the draft boards 

Moeller hosting Bellbrook in a rout as Moeller had a 41 - 13 halftime lead and its starters only logged 12 minutes apiece.  Duncomb had 10 pts in the half.   Final score  72 - 32 and the Moeller starters only played about 4 min. of the second half.  Duncomb finished with 10 pts. on 3-4 FG; 4-4 FT; 2 reb; 2 asst; 1 stl; 1 TO.

Evan Mahffey played 17 min. scoring 6 pts; 4 reb; 2 asst; 3 stls; 1 TO.

Moeller travels to Myrtle Beach to participate in the Beach Ball Classic Dec. 28-31.          

https://www.theseasonticket.com/news_article/show/1137366

REMINDER:   Moeller is in Myrtle Beach for the Beach Ball Classic.  Moeller's first game is Monday the 28th at 7:00 ET vs. Socastee (SC).  This is the link to Moeller's live stats site:   https://letsgobigmoe.com/sidearmstats/mbball/summary

I believe the games are being streamed at no charge -- at least yesterday's games were free. 

https://www.htcinc.net/beach-ball-classic/

In its opening game of the Beach Ball Classic it was all Moeller as it defeats Socastee 71 -31.  In the first half Duncomb had 13 pts. and 9 reb.  He finished with 15 pts on 6-11 FG and 3-5 FT.  10 reb; 3 assts; 1 blk; 2 TO in just 18 minutes of action.  Evan Mahaffey had 6 pts; 3 reb; 3 assts; 1 blk; 2 TO; 3 stls in 19 min.

Moeller plays Calvary Christian (FL) at 8:45 p.m. Tuesday.

On 12/20/2020 at 11:39 AM, Brass Cannon said:

They don’t appear to high on his ability to develop that shot based on the draft boards 

I know a guy who knows a guy...kidding... I grew up with a guy who is a Scout for the Suns now. HIS line on TJD is they wouldn't draft him for even development right now.  He said he wants to see how much muscle he can put on over the next year.  He doesn't think he is physical or strong enough to play the 4 or 5 right now.  If he had a shot, he could be considered a 3, but, he doesn't have a shot.  This is just one Scout and others might have different lines on TJD, but the strength is something here hears from may of them.

In its second game in the Beach Ball Classic, Moeller was defeated by Calvary Christian 53 - 50.  Duncomb finished with 10 pts. on 4-6 FG; just 2-6 FT; 7 reb; 2 asst; 3 blk; 3 TO in 30 min. of action.  Evan Mahaffey with 10 pts; 4 reb; 1 asst; 1 blk; 5 TO.  

Moeller plays again tomorrow at 5:15 ET against First Baptist (SC).

Calvary Christian came into the game with a 6-2 record, it's 2 losses coming from #1 ranked Montverde Academy and #2 ranked IMG Academy so it was legitimate competition for Moeller.

Moeller struck early and struck often and defeated First Baptist School (SC) 64 - 27.   It was 35-15 at the half as Furman commit Alex Williams was on fire.  He had 19 pts. and only missed 1 shot in just 12 minutes.  He finished with 23 points for the game in 23 minutes and was 5-9 on 3s.

Duncomb had a quiet game with 6 pts. on 3-7 FG; 0-1 on 3s; 0-2 FT; 4 reb; 5 asst; 2 blk; 1 stl. in 16 minutes.

Evan Mahaffey with 6 pts. and 12 reb.

Moeller will face Bishop McLaughlin (FL) at 1:45 tomorrow in the 5th place game.

In the 5th place game at the Beach Ball Classic Moeller defeated Bishop McLaughlin (FL)  56 - 49.  Duncomb with 14 pts on 6-12 FG; 2-5 FT; 10 reb; 2 asst; 1 stl; 1 blk; 6 TO.  Evan Mahaffey with 15 pts; 5 reb; 3 asst.

Free throw shooting needs work.  For the 4 games in the Classic he was just 7-18 for 40%.  His ytd is 64%; as a junior 68% and 60% as a soph.

Moeller now off until Jan. 8.

Moeller (9-2) with a 59-51 win over LaSalle.  In 29 min. of action, Duncomb scored 15 pts. on 7-10; 1-3 FT; 9 reb; 1 asst; 2 blks; 1 stl; 2 TO.

Evan Mahaffey played 30 min. and scored 7 pts. on 2-3 FG; 1-2 on 3s; 2-2 FT; 5 reb; 6 asst; 2 blks; 1 stl; 2 TO.

Moeller (9-2) with a 59-51 win over LaSalle.  In 29 min. of action, Duncomb scored 15 pts. on 7-10; 1-3 FT; 9 reb; 1 asst; 2 blks; 1 stl; 2 TO.
Evan Mahaffey played 30 min. and scored 7 pts. on 2-3 FG; 1-2 on 3s; 2-2 FT; 5 reb; 6 asst; 2 blks; 1 stl; 2 TO.

I apologize if I missed it somewhere but are we interested in Mahaffey? I notice whenever you give an update on the Moeller games you always mention his stats along with Duncomb’s. I’m sure you have a reason for it that I never picked up on.

Thanks for keeping us updated on the HS games involving those were following, BTW!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

8 hours ago, RatpigHoosier said:

I apologize if I missed it somewhere but are we interested in Mahaffey? I notice whenever you give an update on the Moeller games you always mention his stats along with Duncomb’s. I’m sure you have a reason for it that I never picked up on.

Thanks for keeping us updated on the HS games involving those were following, BTW!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It was mentioned we've taken a look at him.  Absolutely no idea if it ever moves beyond that but I figured I might as well keep track of him just in case since I'm already tracking Duncomb.   Kind of like a BOGO.