Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) C Logan Duncomb to Xavier

43 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Logan Dunomb is ranked about where Joey Brunk was ranked. So that is roughly the kind of player we are getting.

Kind of premature to predict what kind of player we are getting on ranking alone. Development is everything. There is no guarentee of ceiling.

Obviously player development matters. Juwan Morgan was ranked in the low 100s and ended up being one of IU's better players. But most--not all by any means--wind up having roughly the kind of impact other players similarly ranked have. It is not inaccurate to say the odds are Duncomb will have the kind of impact other players similarly ranked will have. He's top 100 and that's solid. If Duncomb wasn't a top 100 player, IU would probably not have recruited him. 

18 hours ago, Drew L said:

Baumgart is saying we are out on Kaufman, but IU just got a crystal ball prediction for Kaufman from Chad Lykins...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If anything this helps with Kaufman.

Baumgart is dead up wrong on this.

30 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Kind of premature to predict what kind of player we are getting on ranking alone. Development is everything. There is no guarentee of ceiling.

No, you're wrong, Durham has definitely reached his. How do I know this you ask?

I'm psychic like that.

Obviously player development matters. Juwan Morgan was ranked in the low 100s and ended up being one of IU's better players. But most--not all by any means--wind up having roughly the kind of impact other players similarly ranked have. It is not inaccurate to say the odds are Duncomb will have the kind of impact other players similarly ranked will have. He's top 100 and that's solid. If Duncomb wasn't a top 100 player, IU would probably not have recruited him. 

He’s 106 in the 247composite. Juwan was a 4 and played like one. Duncomb is a 5. I think we would be lucky if he can average 5 points, 5 boards and a 1-2 blocks for his career.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

He’s 106 in the 247composite. Juwan was a 4 and played like one. Duncomb is a 5. I think we would be lucky if he can average 5 points, 5 boards and a 1-2 blocks for his career.

I think the kid is 16 right now. For all we know he could grow to 7 ft.

Serious questions. Are you positive about anything? Why do you always come off as your opinions are the only right ones?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

I think the kid is 16 right now. For all we know he could grow to 7 ft.

True that he’s only 16, and while 7’0” is a pipe-dream, I’ve read that he’s still growing.

Serious questions. Are you positive about anything? Why do you always come off as your opinions are the only right ones?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Guess you missed where I said this was a good get? Doesn’t mean I think he’s going to average 20 and 10.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

"We would be lucky" if a top 100ish center averages 5 points and 5 boards over his career?  Get bent.  

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

He’s a composite 106 but he’s 80th in 247 and like 130th or something in rivals. So their is certainly disagreement about how good he is.  

I wouldn't say 80 and 130 are that different, especially for a Junior.  I also know think Rivals tends to be a little behind in their ratings traditionally....they didn't have him in their top 150 until last fall and I think they tend to kind of just move players up and down gradually instead of all at once.