Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2021) SG - Blake Wesley to Notre Dame

Per his Twitter account, Wesley is announcing is top 12 tomorrow at 7:00 p.m.

I used to be indifferent in this recruitment. Now, I’m 100% out. Not that I matter, but I see personality red flags a waving.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Any time I see a top 12 or other large number I just figure that those are just the 12 schools that are still in contact. Maybe I’m wrong but that’s what my gut says

Yeah—all snarky-ness aside, it’s no big deal to me. No one is giving a player star treatment or stroking his ego if he is inclined to mention all of the schools that made an effort.

When the P5 schools get involved it’s merely a courtesy to mention some lesser schools that were interested earlier.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Yeah—all snarky-ness aside, it’s no big deal to me. No one is giving a player star treatment or stroking his ego if he is inclined to mention all of the schools that made an effort.

When the P5 schools get involved it’s merely a courtesy to mention some lesser schools that were interested earlier.

I honestly don’t care either.  I just don’t think it means much.  

13 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Any time I see a top 12 or other large number I just figure that those are just the 12 schools that are still in contact. Maybe I’m wrong but that’s what my gut says

I think you're wrong but in a different way. From reading other boards there are not 12 teams even recruiting him. I think I would pass on this kid IMO. 

17 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think you're wrong but in a different way. From reading other boards there are not 12 teams even recruiting him. I think I would pass on this kid IMO. 

I'm waiting to see who the 12 are. If he gives a mention to Grand Canyon, HBC schools,  and Indiana small conference schools that gave effort, then I'm not bothered. 

If it's a Tipton edits full-on look at me video with an inaccurate mention of Duke, then I see your point completely.

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I'm waiting to see who the 12 are. If he gives a mention to Grand Canyon, HBC schools,  and Indiana small conference schools that gave effort, then I'm not bothered. 

If it's a Tipton edits full-on look at me video with an inaccurate mention of Duke, then I see your point completely.

Part of me wonders if some of these aren’t Tipton edits influence 

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Kinda like the west coast kid from a week or so ago that put our logo in with a bunch of others in his pre-announcement and we were all scratching our heads over who's this?

12 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

https://images.app.goo.gl/Sbz2jCjVue7sWPuk6

(I feel like this could be this board’s version of being “Rick-rolled!”)

I really liked Bryce as a player and thought he would be a good coach and he still may end up being a good coach, I just hope he doesn't become as slimy as Scott. The guy looks like a pedophile. 

I know we're all on pins and needles for this one and I'm relieved to somewhat ease your anxiety.  Wesley is making a monumental decision on Friday at 6:30.  He's cutting his list from 12 to 6.   Hope he doesn't mind if most of us are too busy celebrating Trey Kaufman's decision to attend IU at 6:00 that we miss his 'big' announcement.