Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2021) SG - Blake Wesley to Notre Dame

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Rabjohns with a 'behind-the-paywall' story on Wesley's recruitment and teasers suggest we're back in the hunt as The Daily Hoosier indicated at the end of last week.  More fire than just smoke?

Of course he is going to say that! More followers to fish in.

On 3/4/2020 at 10:58 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

That's always the $64.00 question.   

This season, Wesley's game stats aren't getting reported to MaxPreps so his shooting % is unknown. He's averaging nearly 28 ppg but no idea how many shots he's putting up to get those points.  One of his games that I was able to watch earlier in the season the announcers made a comment that he was getting his points but was taking a lot of shots to get those points.  The specific game and date can be found somewhere earlier in this thread.

Last year's stat line from MaxPreps

# Gms Min. PPG FG% 3FG% FT% RBG Asst Stls Blk
Wesley, Blake '21 18-19 18 20 12.3 45% 34% 72% 3 1 2 0

I do know one thing from highlights..he does have a real nice mid-range fade away. And..he gets more than 3in of vertical unlike Damezi.

Fairly routine kind of article but it does address the possible effect of Damezi's departure and Wesley's recruitment -- no effect per Wesley's dad and also learned Wesley has been working out with Armaan Franklin.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/06/01/2021-guard-blake-wesley-making-the-most-of-his-situation-both-on-and-off-the-court/?fbclid=IwAR11CmjgNmwxIWRowW8uK5-DWNN4Anzizp_bq4NLpN1sWKwwpoPTXKF7FUs

18 minutes ago, Mike Schumann said:
Class of 2021 South Bend 4-star Blake Wesley discussed the latest with his recruitment on Saturday.

I may be reading too much into it, but Wesley's comment half-way through on 'making one mistake and getting pulled' sounded eerily similar to Damezi's comments when his transfer was announced.  Couple that with the 'they need to get a new offense' and I am not feeling great on this recruitment.

40 minutes ago, Mike Schumann said:
Class of 2021 South Bend 4-star Blake Wesley discussed the latest with his recruitment on Saturday.

Well it’s all a big ball of negativity in that interview, but that directly contradicts all the time he’s spent in Bloomington. 

Something tells me we’ve got a chance here.

34 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Well it’s all a big ball of negativity in that interview, but that directly contradicts all the time he’s spent in Bloomington. 

Something tells me we’ve got a chance here.

Not sure I’ve seen a kid play down an offer quite that pointedly, at least not lately. But of the 3 2’s CAM has offered, Wesley is easily my #3. 

1 hour ago, Demo said:

Not sure I’ve seen a kid play down an offer quite that pointedly, at least not lately. But of the 3 2’s CAM has offered, Wesley is easily my #3. 

Yeah—where’s some news on Longino?

I’m thinking he may be the best of all worlds.

I won’t be upset with this. Would rather it be Norte Dame than Purdue though.

The whole “you get pulled when you make 1 mistake” is coaching though.

That is how you coach. Not for missed shots but for true mistakes (bad shots, missed assignments, careless plays, etc). Then you put them back in and they learn from what they did wrong. Of course kids want an endless leash but let’s be real, coaches want to win. If you are a net positive to a team you earn a longer leash. Common freaking sense. Ugh....... Pet Peeve.

I do agree with him about the offense though. It stinks. Change the offense or offer more freedom or something. Recruits are watching too.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Yeah—where’s some news on Longino?

I’m thinking he may be the best of all worlds.

I’ll be on Mohammed until he goes elsewhere.  But you may be right about him being the best fit here. In the couple of games of Longino’s I was able to find, he is such an efficient kid. Doesn’t force shots. Doesn’t force his way into traffic. And that kid makes everything. Gave me a strong Klay Thompson vibe. Not gonna create much for himself, but he’ll be a monster running off screens. And I really like his frame and physicality for the B1G.

8 minutes ago, Demo said:

I’ll be on Mohammed until he goes elsewhere.  But you may be right about him being the best fit here. In the couple of games of Longino’s I was able to find, he is such an efficient kid. Doesn’t force shots. Doesn’t force his way into traffic. And that kid makes everything. Gave me a strong Klay Thompson vibe. Not gonna create much for himself, but he’ll be a monster running off screens. And I really like his frame and physicality for the B1G.

And his “handlers” are his parents.

Not big on in his give me the keys and don’t take me out after a mistake line. From that interview alone, I’m not a fan. Seems like a kid that could cause some issues. Even if it was just a bad interview , I’d say we have a chance but it’s more of a 1 in a million.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

18 hours ago, Bowhunter said:

Not big on in his give me the keys and don’t take me out after a mistake line. From that interview alone, I’m not a fan. Seems like a kid that could cause some issues. Even if it was just a bad interview , I’d say we have a chance but it’s more of a 1 in a million.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

350.png