Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stromboli

Season Predictions 2019-2020

Now wait right there, Mr. Loaded Chicken Sandwich. This here forum's already got itself a sandwich, and yer lookin at him.

giphy.gif.89ceca17b1517be3662e853d47da5b7c.gif

Can we sandwiches not live in harmony? Lol. Be judged by the flavor and not by the contents of the sandwich.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Is there any reasoning behind everyone assuming Brunk will start over Davis? I realize he wasn’t necessarily in the best system for him but there were many games last year he barely played. What makes everyone think he will be able to come in and start over Davis who I think may have the best touch around the basket of the whole team. The main concern for Davis last year was his conditioning but he even slimmed down throughout last year. You’d have to think after an offseason of conditioning that he’d be able to handle a much larger load.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just now, The Ola Depot said:

Is there any reasoning behind everyone assuming Brunk will start over Davis? I realize he wasn’t necessarily in the best system for him but there were many games last year he barely played. What makes everyone think he will be able to come in and start over Davis who I think may have the best touch around the basket of the whole team. The main concern for Davis last year was his conditioning but he even slimmed down throughout last year. You’d have to think after an offseason of conditioning that he’d be able to handle a much larger load.

Some reports by insiders have alluded to it. Part of me thinks that Jives. Brunk was efficient when he was on the court. I really think his struggles were system more than anything. 

9 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

I'd love to see this lineup and I believe that we will some but it will take time. Switch everything!

Rob

Damezi

Jerome

Smith

TJD

Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

OR......

Rob

Jerome

Smith

TJD

DD

BEHEMOTH LINEUPS!

IMO, not happening. More likely that we start three guards (RP, AL, & DG) than only one.

9 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

BEHEMOTH LINEUPS!

IMO, not happening. More likely that we start three guards (RP, AL, & DG) than only one.

I think that you are correct about the 3 guards. However, I think it will change come B1G season though. 

How about..

Al
Hunter
Smith
Jackson-Davis
Davis

That would be fantastic minus the ability to hit outside shots, create offense, slow(er) on defense, and push tempo. I feel they could clog the lane and rebound well.

4 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

How about..

Al
Hunter
Smith
Jackson-Davis
Davis

That would be fantastic minus the ability to hit outside shots, create offense, slow(er) on defense, and push tempo. I feel they could clog the lane and rebound well.

Almost. We can use a lineup of:

• DeRon Davis
  • Brunk
  • TJD
  • Race Thompson, and 
  • Tom Pritchard (will need to appeal for additional eligibility)

Now THAT's a lane-clogger lineup supreme!

Prediction from the head: Rob, Devonte, Al, Smith, De’Ron

From the heart: Rob, Devonte, Jerome, TJD, De’Ron, with Al seeing a nice 6th man role

I think Archie will go with the experienced guys to start us off but by the end of the season it’ll for sure look a lot different. That initial 5 has started a bunch of games for the Hoosiers and I expect November to be much of the same. Hopefully things change up a bit but man do we have some depth. Legit 10 deep this year it’ll be interesting to see how things shake out.

One prediction should be which player the fan base argues shouldn’t be on the floor. I think McBob was that man last season.

And Devonte and Deron and Justin and Damezi and Fitzner. Now I know you didn’t miss all of that.

And Devonte and Deron and Justin and Damezi and Fitzner. Now I know you didn’t miss all of that.

I voted for all of the above most of the season. Especially Fitzner and Justin. Much less for DeRon and Devonte.

I voted for all of the above most of the season. Especially Fitzner and Justin. Much less for DeRon and Devonte.

Yeah it was a weird year for player appreciation lol. Normally there is one head and shoulders above the rest. There were just a lot of players for various reasons. I am with you on your two. Deron and Devonte are just too important. We went as they went versus Juwan or Romeo.