Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SF Jordan Geronimo to Maryland

2 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

How has he had 4 recruiting cycles with JUCOs and grad transfers though?

Spring/summer 2017 - 1 opening (Thompson)
Spring/Summer 2018 - grad transfer (Fitzner)
Spring/Summer 2019 - grad transfer (Brunk)

So how has he had 4 recruiting cycles with JUCOs and grad transfers...? He’s added one in 3 cycles. The 4th hasn’t happened yet.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Fixed 2019. Brunk is a grad transfer. 

Good catch, so he’s added a grad transfer two of the three years he’s been able to... I still don’t understand the 4th cycle

Fair enough, I am/was including his first class that included keeping Creans recruits al, Justin and Moore and subconsciously omitted Fitzner from my brain

17’ 0-3, 18’ 1-5, 19’ 1-5, 20’ 0-3

2/17 recruits/scholarships available have gone to transfers/jucos since he has arrived - off the top of my head, could be off by 1

10 hours ago, southsidehoosier said:

Crazy we went from having no one committed to a top 5 class in a few months. I know that will change as more top 50 players commit.

If we comp our current 24/7 'class score' (54.32) vs. the 2019 end of year scores we would have finished 34th nationally, 4th in the B1G.  Going back a bit further we would have had the 38th ranked class nationally, 8th in the B1G in '18.  

35 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

If we comp our current 24/7 'class score' (54.32) vs. the 2019 end of year scores we would have finished 34th nationally, 4th in the B1G.  Going back a bit further we would have had the 38th ranked class nationally, 8th in the B1G in '18.  

But we ain’t done yet.

Rankings mean....absolutely nothing to me.  Players fit systems or they don't.  Measurables only tell you so much.  Lots of really good basketball teams weren't raked highly when it comes to recruiting classes.   How many of those highly ranked classes stay together 3-4 years like this one looks likely to?    

8 hours ago, ray said:

Look out, passing lanes...and watch out, rim. 

He seems to have a nice shot and I've missed seeing some Oladipo-like dunks, but I'm most excited Indiana added a player highly skilled at reading passes with seemingly impeccable timing of an opponent's shots.

Exciting news...he should be fun to watch!

IMG_7492.jpg

Nope, it turns out Geronimo was the next domino.

......and Nick Baumgart now just re-tweeted that Matt Cross committed to Miami.

10 minutes ago, ray said:

Where Rob Phinisee goes, Romeo goes. 

Kinda cool for a kid on an official visit to see an NBA lotto pick sleeping on your future college point guard's couch!

Thanks and very good article. He really loves IU, and I love Romeo being involved as much as he is with the team, program, and unofficial recruiting. I think this really emphasizes the positive vibes this program is gaining, along with positive results to come soon on the court.

Thanks and very good article. He really loves IU, and I love Romeo being involved as much as he is with the team, program, and unofficial recruiting. I think this really emphasizes the positive vibes this program is gaining, along with positive results to come soon on the court.

Indeed, really like Romeo helping here. I have no problem with “one and done”or “two and done” kids with good character. They can help the program in many ways along with the players that stay all four years.

17 minutes ago, ray said:

A question and answer with his high school coach...more to add to the enthusiasm for this kid's potential.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/qa-with-new-2020-iu-basketball-commit-jordan-geronimos-high-school-coach/

Hearing his coach make multiple references to Jordan being a "high IQ player" is music to my ears.

Thanks 66, very nice read. You can tell he is super pumped to be a Hoosier and get to work. Love it!