Jump to content

Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SF Jordan Geronimo to Indiana

Recommended Posts

Really good Q and A with Jordan from Inside The Hall 

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/03/28/q-a-class-of-2020-st-pauls-school-forward-and-iu-signee-jordan-geronimo/?fbclid=IwAR3AFifar6AUFGXSEgTO1Y-wVEJPGMr2IVD8PIwyWmtp8y3aRDJIyzVL2QM

Couple of things of special note to me:

1.  Plans to be in Bloomington on June 8, coronavirus permitting.

2.  Geronimo averaged 18 points, nine rebounds, two assists, two steals and two blocks per game this past season

3 ... Me, as a player, I wanted to get my teammates going. I’m a team-first kind of guy. Throughout the season, I realized I needed to be more aggressive and more assertive with the ball in my hands. Before I realized that, it was kind of too late.  [I think I made that observation somewhere in his thread that he was clearly their best player and needed to take charge]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Another nice story on Geronimo including:   He holds nearly a 4.0 grade point average at St. Paul’s, one of the most academically rigorous boarding schools in New England.

https://www.hoosiersportsreport.com/2020/04/geronimo-still-striving-for-ultimate-potential/

Oh boy ... seems like we are getting a great kid on more than a few levels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Another nice story on Geronimo including:   He holds nearly a 4.0 grade point average at St. Paul’s, one of the most academically rigorous boarding schools in New England.

https://www.hoosiersportsreport.com/2020/04/geronimo-still-striving-for-ultimate-potential/

Thank you for bringing these nuggets here, it brings a little smile during this weird time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

 


TDH: When you think about your freshman season at Indiana, what does success look like to you?

Geronimo: I think a successful first year will be me just doing what I’m told. If I’m a role player, I’ll be the best role player there is. If I’m on the court for defense and rebounds, and I’m going to go out there and try to do as much as I possibly can. Just be the guy that the team needs to win. I just want to help the team get better. A team wins because it is better than a single player.

Yes, please.


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

 

That answer is so pitch perfect I would say it was scripted, except he’s said some derivation of it over and over. Just a hell of a kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:


I’ve told this story before. But he’d always swing by our tailgates and say “you give me food, I’ll give you highlights!”

We did and he did. One of many awesome IU memories.


Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Don’t let the NCAA find out that you have food to a player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Feathery said:

Don’t let the NCAA find out that you have food to a player. 

Who was that Texans RB stud about 5 years ago?  Remember a story where him and his teammates were hungry and had no money for food. They told the coach they were going to go do something stupid.  So he showed up with a bunch of tacos. Which was an NCAA violation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

 


TDH: When you think about your freshman season at Indiana, what does success look like to you?

Geronimo: I think a successful first year will be me just doing what I’m told. If I’m a role player, I’ll be the best role player there is. If I’m on the court for defense and rebounds, and I’m going to go out there and try to do as much as I possibly can. Just be the guy that the team needs to win. I just want to help the team get better. A team wins because it is better than a single player.

Yes, please.


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

 

Whatever that kids coaches and parents have done is the right stuff. I don’t expect any of the 3 guy currently in the 2020 class to get much run.  And great to see the highest ranked of them is ok with that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Whatever that kids coaches and parents have done is the right stuff. I don’t expect any of the 3 guy currently in the 2020 class to get much run.  And great to see the highest ranked of them is ok with that. 

You never know who will end up getting a lot of run. 
Calbert Cheaney was supposed to be the low man from his class, and played the most minutes from the get go.

After starting on our National Championship team, Rick Calloway and Keith Smart we’re beaten out the next year, as seniors, by freshmen Jay Edwards and Lyndon Jones.

It’s unlikely, but you ever know.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

You never know who will end up getting a lot of run. 
Calbert Cheaney was supposed to be the low man from his class, and played the most minutes from the get go.

After starting on our National Championship team, Rick Calloway and Keith Smart we’re beaten out the next year, as seniors, by freshmen Jay Edwards and Lyndon Jones.

It’s unlikely, but you ever know.

 

 

Certainly true. Like I said I don’t expect it but it’s possible.  Really hoping we see Hunter, Race and Rob put together what they have shown in flashes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You never know who will end up getting a lot of run. 
Calbert Cheaney was supposed to be the low man from his class, and played the most minutes from the get go.
After starting on our National Championship team, Rick Calloway and Keith Smart we’re beaten out the next year, as seniors, by freshmen Jay Edwards and Lyndon Jones.
It’s unlikely, but you ever know.
 
 

It’s always possible but he’ll need time to adjust. The attitude isn’t something that you can just have at the snap of your fingers though. If all freshmen came to Bloomington with the “play as hard as I can for the team in whatever minutes I play” attitude we’d be a much better program.

I believe another positive from Geronimo will be how he pushes other players in practice. If he keeps the always compete mentality that will only make Hunter, Durham, Franklin, Galloway, and Leal better for it.


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Who was that Texans RB stud about 5 years ago?  Remember a story where him and his teammates were hungry and had no money for food. They told the coach they were going to go do something stupid.  So he showed up with a bunch of tacos. Which was an NCAA violation. 

Arian Foster. 
 

The NCAA can, in the words of Aloha, **** off when it comes to the petty stuff (and really in general). I’ve seen too many kids have their eligibility jeopardized by ignorant rulings that never go public. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×