Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SF Jordan Geronimo to Maryland

6 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I’m not sure how good of a player he’ll be especially early on, but I’m ecstatic for cupcake season to watch him yam on some poor kid from Directional State. 

I keep thinking of the alley oop that Vic missed and this kid would have flushed it.

5 hours ago, Demo said:

I keep thinking of the alley oop that Vic missed and this kid would have flushed it.

Literally insane hot take. Vic had dunks with his head literally above the rim. Geronimo has a LONG way to go before he can show VO level explosiveness and hops. I’m excited to see how good this kid can be but lets be realistic. He has good athleticism with loads of potential. VO had elite/unmatched athleticism. 

1 hour ago, rcs29 said:

Would a slightly more polished VO be a fair comp at this stage for JG?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

They aren’t that similar at this stage so it’s really a tough comparison. VO was used as an athletic bruiser in HS. His roll was to get rebounds/put backs and run out dunks. He didn’t shoot much at all and played in the post.

Hard to judge from a highlight film. I’ve always thought you could learn more with the misses added into the tape then leaving them out. He can definitely shoot, handle the ball and pass better than VO in HS. Time and lots of work in the gym will tell all if he can develop elite level speed and hops. 

6 hours ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

6 hours ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Literally insane hot take. Vic had dunks with his head literally above the rim. Geronimo has a LONG way to go before he can show VO level explosiveness and hops. I’m excited to see how good this kid can be but lets be realistic. He has good athleticism with loads of potential. VO had elite/unmatched athleticism. 

Charlie Miller was also the second coming of Calbert Cheaney.

33 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

This is off topic, but the gyms looked like Jr high gyms around here and most of the games had 2 man officiating crews. Been s long time since I seen that.

7 hours ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Hard to judge from a highlight film. I’ve always thought you could learn more with the misses added into the tape then leaving them out. He can definitely shoot, handle the ball and pass better than VO in HS. Time and lots of work in the gym will tell all if he can develop elite level speed and hops. 

And from the games I was able to watch, that's one of the bigger gyms these prep schools play in.  2-man officiating appears to be the norm and could well be a function of so many ball games being played and a small officiating pool.  Also hard to tell from the highlight video but they play 20-minute halves and use a 30-second shot clock.

Trust me, Geronimo put up his share of bricks over the season and is not immune to TOs.  The latter's a little more harder to judge because he's not surrounded by a really good team.  His teammates are kids playing basketball but not necessarily basketball players.  

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Trust me, Geronimo put up his share of bricks over the season and is not immune to TOs.  The latter's a little more harder to judge because he's not surrounded by a really good team.  His teammates are kids playing basketball but not necessarily basketball players.  

This is what I’m interested to learn from him. Just how off are his misses and what’s his FG%. In high school, the star players are sometimes known to take terrible shots so I’m not as worried if he’s throwing up bricks in that scenario because that can be easily fixed with coaching and being on a talented team that creates open looks for you. I did like from the video his ability to knock down college distance 3s that were fully contested if not a foul all together. I don’t think any of our guys coming back next year exhibited that ability out of HS. Having three guys who are long and are cable of shooting coming in next year is exciting. If they all work their butts off they will all make their mark here. 

21 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Just how off are his misses and what’s his FG%. 

I don't think you'll be able to get that data unless you go directly to St. Paul's.  I've not found any sites that give you that kind of statistical detail for the private schools.  There are games that I watched and tried to keep a scorecard on his shooting so if you meander through his thread you'll get an idea for at least a few of his games but certainly not all.

Jordan Geronimo (2020) earns All-NEPSAC w/ 18 ppg, 9 rpg, 2 bpg, 2 spg, 2 apg. 

OF Note:  NEPSAC = New England Preparatory School Athletic Council.  Per Wikipedia, there are 155 schools in the NEPSAC, so it's a pretty big deal for him to receive this honor.  Also, this is the only time I've seen any indication of just how he did perform this past season and I like what I see.

On 3/6/2020 at 12:46 AM, KzooHoosier82 said:

Sorry, just saw this. If you haven’t already watched it, and I’m too lazy to re-post it, go back to pg 14 of this thread and watch the video of the alley oop he finishes. You can count on a couple of hands how many kids have that kind of vertical explosion with that little effort. Just incredible. Vic is 6’4” with a 6’9” reach and had a 42 standing vert. This kid is 6’6”, I’m guessing about a 7’ reach and can go north of 40” with no gather. Not saying he’ll be a Vic level of player at all, highly unlikely, but he is absolutely that level of athlete. Yeah, I think he might finish that dunk.

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I've got nothing but time on my hands these days.

That would be fun to do, just one time.

There's a reason Oladipo has been in this kid's ear.  Vic is a Hoosier and we'll all be very thankful for a long time, and I don't mean just through this kid's tenure at IU.

7 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Congrats to St. Paul’s School and Mass Rivals wing Jordan Geronimo who was selected New Hampshire Gatorade Player of the Year.

Rivals Nation

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Never would have expected that.  Fantastic news for our program and Archie's recruiting.