Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stat leaders for the 3-day Chick-Fil-A Classic and you'll note the absence of Kepnang's name in any of the categories which reinforces my opinion that I hope he's not Plan A.  Couple of names that we did make a run at are in the list  --  Nimari Burnett, Jaemyn Brakefield and Zach Loveday.

It's best I just don't think about this because I'll never understand it and all I'll end up with is a massive headache.

Andrew Slater @Andrew__Slater

#Kentucky HC John Calipari & Tony Barbee will Be in for Franck Kepnang '21

Westtown defeated Hill School 54-50 and Indiana high school basketball is so much more enjoyable to watch.  Kepnang finished with 12 pts. on 5-6 FG (4 dunks); 1-1 on 3s; 1-1 FT; 1 reb; 3 TO; 1 stl; 1 blk.  His TOs were a result of his inability to catch passes and I thought today I saw more lack of lateral quickness.

The young man is from Cameroon thus the U.S. is a foreign country to him.  I guess he wanted to be sure he was absolutely politically correct because he wore a red shoe on his right foot and a blue shoe on his left foot.  I kid you not.

Hope nobody wasted their time.  Score was 51-13 at halftime; final was 83-39.  Whatever Kepnang's stat line may have been it's pretty meaningless in a game like this.  When the teams went through the handshake line at the end of the game, the Moorestown team looked like a bunch of Wizard of Oz munchkins compared to the Westtown team.

No stats for Jan. 11 game vs Olympus Prep.  Jay Wright watched him last Sunday.  Calipari watched him last month and expected to watch again today.

“Franck’s an elite defender and rebounder and already a capable and improving shotmaker and a fantastic lob-catcher,” @WTbbasketball coach Seth Berger said. “He would fit perfectly in almost any top 20 program.”

What am I missing here? He seems like a guy that you plant in the lane on defense and that’s about it. I was perplexed that we were in on him but now I’m seeing Calipari and Wright there to watch him? I guess there’s a reason I shouldn’t be in the scouting business because I’d be a fantastic failure at it apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Rim protectors improve your team defense, invaluable pieces.
Is he that? Idk, but it sounds like it. Doesn’t need to score to have big impact.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I agree but you know as well as I do that many in here would complain about his lack of offensive contribution.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

16 hours ago, RatpigHoosier said:

I agree but you know as well as I do that many in here would complain about his lack of offensive contribution.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm ok with a Defensive minded center. On THIS team that would be tough, since it's already offensively challenged, but if the roster is built accordingly it would be fine. 

Westtown defeated another team of munchkins 87-50.  Most of the Westtown starters sat out the entire 4th Q including Kepnang.  Overall, I don’t think he saw 16 minutes of action.  He finished with 14 pts. On 7-10 FG.  6 of his made buckets were dunks;  2 of his misses were dunk attempts.  He attempted a 3-pointer that at least hit the backboard but left the rim unharmed.  He had 4 reb; 1 assist; 2 blks.  More so in this game, I thought his footspeed seemed slow as well as his reaction time.  I just keep seeing another Hanner Perea.  But a lot of big name coaches keep sniffing at him.

Personal tirade.  These games are just not fun to watch.   Either somebody goes 1 on 1 and tries for a highlight reel layup/dunk or they jack up 3s.  Virtually no defense.  The court is painted with both the high school and college 3-point lines and it’s really noticeable that they all try to make sure they’re outside the college line when they jack’em up.   And now a word about rankings.  Westtown has a player named Jalen Warley who has been ranked outside the top 150.  Voila!  In Rivals latest, he’s suddenly #28.  Give me a break.