Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2021) SF - Aminu Mohammed to Georgetown

Just now, JerryYeagley23 said:

This was my other concern, but didn’t want to jinx anything. Was going to add to my original post, “unless it would be a good time to get to know the coaches and guys on the team since we aren’t playing anymore in late March.”

Yeah it would be a good time to show him he is the missing piece. All things considered though, seems like there is mutual interest and if he does come back for an OV that is big time regardless of the time. 

1 minute ago, Demo said:

Ordinarily I’d agree with you on the timing not being ideal. But, actually, I like it in this case for 3 reasons: 1) The kid’s already seen a game at AH(Maryland). 2) He’s too late to see a game on campus, but that also means he’s too late to see one anywhere else(Md, Louisville). 3) If what I have been told is correct, this will be Mohammed’s 4th visit to Bloomington in something like 18 mos. So a chance to get a really focused look at the school and the program outside of the season may be exactly what he’s looking to see. 

Makes sense. Get him there for Little 500 weekend! :)

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Based solely on records looks to be a competitive district tournament.  @Demo anything you can tell us?

image.thumb.png.7fdb24802349a06a0bc21c098cffebcb.png

Crane is supposedly a pretty decent small school team. They have some mutual opponents that Greenwood beat worse in every case. Nobody else would have any shot unless Mohammed rolls an ankle or some such. Would be pretty shocking if his season ends next week.

Jake Weingarten -
Source: Louisville is slated to host five-star junior Aminu Mohammed for an unofficial visit on March 1st.

Aminu is my MCM for this season. Matt Hurt last year. Dawson Garcia in 2020 but not nearly as much as Hurt and Aminu.

So, don’t go breaking my heart........

I do REALLY like Kaufman, Furst. They are close. I like Lander as well but not like his rankings.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Ordinarily I’d agree with you on the timing not being ideal. But, actually, I like it in this case for 3 reasons: 1) The kid’s already seen a game at AH(Maryland). 2) He’s too late to see a game on campus, but that also means he’s too late to see one anywhere else(Md, Louisville). 3) If what I have been told is correct, this will be Mohammed’s 4th visit to Bloomington in something like 18 mos. So a chance to get a really focused look at the school and the program outside of the season may be exactly what he’s looking to see. 

Looks to be pretty far along in the recruiting process. Wonder if he’s closer to making a decision/considering reclassifying?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

9 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I wish we could get the amount of high school game stats for all or our targets as we do for Mohammed.  Only a single game that he's not recorded a double double.

2019-20 High School Season Pts Reb Assts
1 25 17  
2 48 15  
3 42 20 4
4 31 18  
5 29 8  
6 36 12  
7 47 20 8
8 36 18  
9 36 21  
10 34 19  
11 49 22  
12 34 15  
13 26 12  
14 31 16  
15 31 13 6
16 38 23  
17 43 20  
18 38 14  
19 27 10  
20 31 23  
21 44 16  
22 41 21 5
23 36 15  
24 20 10  
25 36 15  
26 31 10 6

Avg. 35.4 16.3 5.8
Count 26 26 5

On the 2019 AAU circuit he played in 19 games for Boo Williams on the Nike circuit.  He averaged 16.5 ppg; 8 rpg; shot 51% fg; 70% ft; only 21% on 3s.  

Man, I want to buy into these numbers and vault this kid into my #1 wish list spot, but they’re just so gawdy. I mean, who goes for 38 points and 23 rebs?? My hesitation though, is, would I be shocked to see the statistic of Avg. Opponent Height for Aminu’s HS competition? Because my stats against my fifth grade nephew in the driveway look pretty similar, but deserve the same potential asterisk. 

13 hours ago, Demo said:

I’ve written some above about the nature of his school’s competition. But a couple of things to maybe assuage your concerns: 1) Mohammed was the leading scorer at last summer’s Pangos 100 camp, which included, among many others, Jonathon Kuminga, Cade Cunningham, Paolo Banchero and Terrance Clarke. 2) He was one of the leading scorers on the EYBL circuit last year while playing up a year for Boo Williams. He was the leading scorer on a team that included Cam Thomas, who’s a top 25 type kid going to LSU.

So, yeah, he’s beating the hell out of a lot of HS kids who have no chance against him. But he’s done the same against some of the best players in the country. The kid is really, really good. If anything, his level of HS competition might be depressing his ratings some. If he was playing for a basketball factory he’d be a top 5-8 type kid, even in a class as good as ‘21. 
IU’s roster is likely to include several similarly sized wing guards in ‘21-22. In this case, I don’t care. Mohammed is on a different level from them. If he wants to come, you take him and figure it out. He’s a 15-17 pts/gm guy the day he walks on campus.

fwiw

My fave of that class! Narrowly over Kaufman but that is because he is a homie!

Aminu is my MCM for this season. Matt Hurt last year. Dawson Garcia in 2020 but not nearly as much as Hurt and Aminu.

So, don’t go breaking my heart........

I do REALLY like Kaufman, Furst. They are close. I like Lander as well but not like his rankings.

Wayne don’t sleep on Lander. He is silky smooth!