Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2021) SF - Aminu Mohammed to Georgetown

I like it all except Thompson at C. I have a hard time seeing U winning consistently in the B1G with Race in post fulltime. 
I realize they aren't the same player, but I still have nightmares about Hartman playing center. Never again, please NEVER AGAIN! 

That’s my main issue with the 2021 class. We need size and athleticism in the frontcourt. We need balance in classes.

I actually like what we have in the backcourt right now. I believe we’re going to see Franklin have a really solid season. I believe Galloway outplays his ranking as a Hoosier too. I’m just not that excited about a Thompson/Duncomb frontcourt.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

12 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

That’s my main issue with the 2021 class. We need size and athleticism in the frontcourt. We need balance in classes.

I actually like what we have in the backcourt right now. I believe we’re going to see Franklin have a really solid season. I believe Galloway outplays his ranking as a Hoosier too. I’m just not that excited about a Thompson/Duncomb frontcourt.

If Duncomb is ready and healthy we should be a decent team. If he struggles we will likely struggle 

If Duncomb is ready and healthy we should be a decent team. If he struggles we will likely struggle 

Duncomb will be a decent freshman who will struggle in the Big Ten. That’s not a knock on him but respect for the Big Ten. How many freshman big guys around his ranking have come into the league ready to start at the 5? I’m truly hoping I’m completely wrong or that we land a serviceable big in the transfer market.

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Duncomb will be a decent freshman who will struggle in the Big Ten. That’s not a knock on him but respect for the Big Ten. How many freshman big guys around his ranking have come into the league ready to start at the 5? I’m truly hoping I’m completely wrong or that we land a serviceable big in the transfer market.

Agreed the odds are low but it’s all we got.  It is what we are as a program. Gambling in a freshmen big man to be a fringe 25 team 

Feels like we have a good shot here, esp with him wanting to enroll early. If TJD leaves after this season, he has a good shot at significant time right away. I was hoping to add another big to this class (still might with transfers), but our chances seem good here.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Feels like we have a good shot here, esp with him wanting to enroll early. If TJD leaves after this season, he has a good shot at significant time right away. I was hoping to add another big to this class (still might with transfers), but our chances seem good here.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Would make me feel better. Get a legit big somewhere then maybe we can hang onto hope.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

https://mobile.twitter.com/Harmon64S/status/1333517004549083137
Harmon, and I assume Aminu, watching the Providence game.

Awesome. I truly believe his decision isn’t made, and Harmon & Aminu are assessing all options. This shows that not only are they critically looking at us, but also that they like what they see.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Harmon64S/status/1333517004549083137
Harmon, and I assume Aminu, watching the Providence game.

Thanks for posting this, and I know Harmon has tweeted about IU multiple times. If they can put a good string of games together, I really like our chances with Aminu.

Greenwood HS participating in the Willard Basketball Classic.  In its opening round game Greenwood defeated Camdenton  75 - 35 after leading 48-13 at the half.  Aminu had 14 pts; 5 reb and 3 asst in the first half.  He finished with 18 pts; 8 reb; 4 asst.

He plays again Friday night with the championship game Saturday night.