Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2021) SF - Aminu Mohammed to Georgetown

8 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Seems to be a trending towards Georgia here. Makes sense, wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Hey Wayne is it because the Maryland insider put in a crystal ball for Aminu?  Hadn’t seen or heard much else so I was curious.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:
So yeah--this was entered yesterday:
  • Jeff ErmannInsideMDSportsMaryland Publisher
    14 / 15 (93.33%)
    226 / 349 (64.76%)
    UGA
    11/11/203:33 PM
    7HIGH
However ... Georgia flat out currently has 13 scholarship players for this coming year--they are at the limit.

When has that ever stopped Crean. Sure somebody can get homesick 

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

IU has been on him for quite some time and he could have committed at anytime.  It's, possibly, a few weeks out from a commitment announcement and NEW schools are still contacting them.  Call me crazy but I don't see this going our way.

Won't see me calling you crazy because I agree

4 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

When has that ever stopped Crean. Sure somebody can get homesick 

That scholly wouldn’t come off until the end of the year if they are at 13 though.  Scholarships are May to May.  So that would be phenomenal news if they are at 13 unless he is paying his own way for spring semester. Not necessarily expensive either so it’s not out of the question if he takes 2 or 3 classes.

4 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

IU has been on him for quite some time and he could have committed at anytime.  It's, possibly, a few weeks out from a commitment announcement and NEW schools are still contacting them.  Call me crazy but I don't see this going our way.

I think the one thing I am holding out hope for is this seems to be a straight business decision at all levels.  Things with the Rona have definitely changed his timeline and we were the first team where it was acknowledged we want him here this year or next.  Most teams don’t have that luxury of open scholarships.  I would gladly trade one year of Justin Smith for 1.5 years of Aminu.  I also hope I am not just talking myself into nonexistent hope.  

Whaddya wanna bet one of these naughty players mutually agrees with CTC to have his scholarship rescinded:

“Crean wouldn’t say if graduate transfer Justin Kier and three other unnamed basketball players who were with him during an Oct. 9 arrest that included serious traffic violations and the admission of marijuana use would be suspended for any of the Bulldogs' early games.”

Whaddya wanna bet one of these naughty players mutually agrees with CTC to have his scholarship rescinded:
“Crean wouldn’t say if graduate transfer Justin Kier and three other unnamed basketball players who were with him during an Oct. 9 arrest that included serious traffic violations and the admission of marijuana use would be suspended for any of the Bulldogs' early games.”

It depends. Is it their 50th violation and they have a relative that is important or is it an expendable player that could be immediately upgraded with Aminu?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Springfield (MO) News-Leader:

Aminu Mohammed's time in Springfield is nearing its end. 

The five-star basketball prospect will make a commitment to a college within the next few weeks and will likely enroll in college in early January, his guardian, Shawn Harmon, told the News-Leader on Tuesday afternoon. 

Harmon said Mohammed will likely start the season at Greenwood before departing for college in early January. Harmon said Mohammed's commitment will likely be announced through a national media outlet. 

More:Inside look at Aminu Mohammed's college options entering the 5-star prospect's senior year

Mohammed is going into his senior year, his third with the Greenwood program. He is the No. 11 player in the Class of 2021, according to ESPN, and is one of the best prospects in the country who still hasn't picked out a college program. 

Mohammed's coming off a junior season that saw him average 30 points and 15.7 rebounds per game. With him leading the way, the Blue Jays were expected to contend for their second state title in three seasons. 

Mohammed will go down as one of the area's all-time greats. At Greenwood, Mohammed has led the program to a state title in 2019 and its first Blue and Gold Tournament title later in the year. 

I'm not sure how I feel about the mid-season enrollment aspect. This kid is certainly talented, but if IU is doing well, could that disrupt the dynamic? If they aren't, is he gonna be a difference maker? 

Either way would definitely be some welcome news on the recruiting front. 

I will be the first to put it out there like this.  I would currently be surprised if he doesn’t come here based on who his teams are, and what’s available.  This dude is a difference maker for 1.5 years.  Essentially Lander at the 2/3 from a skill level expectancy.  That said even if we get a commit from him which would be absolutely huge, I still feel this recruiting cycle is potentially a letdown if we aren’t able to get one or two more players in the spring cycle.  This year more than any it’s possible.  But it really starts with Aminu.  Unfortunately we are at a point where we really need to stock skill and he is most definitely our best option.  Really feel our depth quality hurt us more than we will ever know in this cycle.

I have always loved his game.  Would be thrilled for him to be a Hoosier.  Always a spot for that kind of talent.  If we start going more to 3 guard sets on the regular, plenty of opportunity to carve out a niche.  I think he can hold the 3 spot in a 3 guard set very well if need be.  

So, if he commits he would begin practice and be eligible to play immediately? No matter the talent, that seems like quite a challenging proposition for everyone involved.