Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2021) SF - Aminu Mohammed to Georgetown

5 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I guess I’ll be “that person” but I don’t see it as IU. They’re continuing to look even though IU’s been there and has had a open spot if he wants to join. Just a feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Same feeling. Feels like he wants to be the featured player.  

It will be no more difficult--arguably less difficult--for Aminu Mohammed to skip his graduation than it was Kristian Lander. Lander gave up the chance to be Indiana's Mr. Basketball. Graduation is often a bigger deal for parents than for the kids many of whom can't wait to move on (That was true with me). Most of Mohammed's family don't even live in the US.

My post says that I would hate it for any kid to miss their SR season

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 hours ago, Demo said:

I kind of think it’s going to be IU.

I knew there was something about you I liked!   

Latest thoughts from The Daily Hoosier on Aminu.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-2021-5-star-guard-aminu-mohammed-to-accelerate-timeline/?fbclid=IwAR2GD-IRyV0IQynXSxKCOrXk2yspFbuJ7LaGdPDbRBKBNiaR6Z8r89DZ2ro

I will be the first to say I don’t know ****.  I hope he comes here.  The dude was built for the brand of basketball we are trying to play.  But no matter where he goes, the kid will do great.  Not going to hate on him.  Just hope that he comes.

I certainly won't turn down talent. But if he is only going to be here a half year or 1 year I am hesitant to get really excited about it. I mean will he have more impact  on WINNING in that one year than those who we already have on the team? 

I will trust the staff on this one. 

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

I certainly won't turn down talent. But if he is only going to be here a half year or 1 year I am hesitant to get really excited about it. I mean will he have more impact  on WINNING in that one year than those who we already have on the team? 

I will trust the staff on this one. 

I think having high level/skill, talented players surrounded by veteran guys that know the system and can contribute can produce wins.

Romeo's year was a bit of an outlier but I think most would argue that the surrounding talent was not where we wanted it to be (or where it seems to be now), even when including Juawan in that equation.

5 minutes ago, Chips&Dipo said:

I think having high level/skill, talented players surrounded by veteran guys that know the system and can contribute can produce wins.

Romeo's year was a bit of an outlier but I think most would argue that the surrounding talent was not where we wanted it to be (or where it seems to be now), even when including Juawan in that equation.

Well see I think Romeo made a lot more sense. He played a position of need and without him the team would have been MUCH worse. Never mind the fact that he was from Indiana so Archie was going after him not matter what.

But Aminu plays a position where IU is already more than covered. I can count three guys that will certainly play at his position with the possibility of two more. I just don't want IU catering to this kid for a year when it is not necessary and doesn't help the program other than saying oh hey look we signed a 5*. 

49 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Well see I think Romeo made a lot more sense. He played a position of need and without him the team would have been MUCH worse. Never mind the fact that he was from Indiana so Archie was going after him not matter what.

But Aminu plays a position where IU is already more than covered. I can count three guys that will certainly play at his position with the possibility of two more. I just don't want IU catering to this kid for a year when it is not necessary and doesn't help the program other than saying oh hey look we signed a 5*. 

JMHO, I want a bunch of guys 6'-4" to 6'-10" that can shoot, take it to the rim, handle the ball, and want to win.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

JMHO, I want a bunch of guys 6'-4" to 6'-10" that can shoot, take it to the rim, handle the ball, and want to win.

Is that all? You forgot to mention "lock-down" defenders and "ferocious rebounders" too  :) 

I'm with IUc2016I kinda want Aminu because he's a highly-rated, talented player and we missed on Kaufman....but not sure how much it will matter in W & L's.

I am decidedly "meh" about this recruitment. I'm more interested in who IU can get to replace TJD. Only having a single, true Freshman post on the roster for 21-22 freaks me out. 

1 hour ago, Hardwood83 said:

Is that all? You forgot to mention "lock-down" defenders and "ferocious rebounders" too  :) 

I'm with IUc2016I kinda want Aminu because he's a highly-rated, talented player and we missed on Kaufman....but not sure how much it will matter in W & L's.

I am decidedly "meh" about this recruitment. I'm more interested in who IU can get to replace TJD. Only having a single, true Freshman post on the roster for 21-22 freaks me out. 

They all can't be "5 tool" players!  It would be nice though.

19 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Bama reaching out according to Slater 

expect more teams to poke around.  

Yeah, we should all know every school with an open ‘20 ride within a couple of days. 

4 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

Slater??

Andrew Slater former 247 scout that that still covers college basketball recruiting just not with 247.   One guy to follow for recruiting news if you can get past his arrogance in some of his tweets.  #not a recruiting expert

30 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Seems to be a trending towards Georgia here. Makes sense, wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Archie Miller losing a 5 star recruit to Tom Crean is NOT what this board needs right now.