Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2021) SF - Aminu Mohammed to Georgetown

19 hours ago, Mike Schumann said:

Trey Kaufman already told us he would do it.  Another player told me he would too but didn't want it public.  All three would be contingent on high school seasons being canceled -- and all three are from different states -- so lots of variables.

Since we don’t have three open rides, let’s use those slots for Mohammed and Kaufman!

Done. 
:)

3 hours ago, HoosierCoop said:

Mr. Mohammed, there is a time slot open for an announcement on October 31st if you would like to follow up the Kaufman announcement on the 30th!

I honestly wonder how that would work if he is still determining to be an early enrollee.  The way it has been sounding he was waiting to announce during one of their high school events round the Christmas season.  Would absolutely love to have him as an early signee, let alone an early enrollee.  Him, Kaufman, and Lander would be too much for this old guy to handle these days.

16 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I honestly wonder how that would work if he is still determining to be an early enrollee.  The way it has been sounding he was waiting to announce during one of their high school events round the Christmas season.  Would absolutely love to have him as an early signee, let alone an early enrollee.  Him, Kaufman, and Lander would be too much for this old guy to handle these days.

You and me both, but I am willing to give it a shot!

1 hour ago, mdn82 said:

He's already made people aware that if the HS season over here looks to be heading towards cancellation he'll move up his timetable.

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I worry that if he joined us in January, he would train with Cliff for four months and be a pro without ever suiting up for a game.

It would be pretty unprecedented, but we live in unprecedented.  Nothing anymore would surprise me.  But this class got the shaft.  Probably no NBA scouts at summer games.  Probably the same this year.  That would be the ultimate lottery pick for a team.  

23 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

It would be pretty unprecedented, but we live in unprecedented.  Nothing anymore would surprise me.  But this class got the shaft.  Probably no NBA scouts at summer games.  Probably the same this year.  That would be the ultimate lottery pick for a team.  

I think Kentucky had one that practiced for a year and went pro without ever playing.

I don’t want us to do things like Kentucky.

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I worry that if he joined us in January, he would train with Cliff for four months and be a pro without ever suiting up for a game.

Don't you have to be at least a year removed from high school to be eligible for the draft? 

24 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I think Kentucky had one that practiced for a year and went pro without ever playing.

I think you’re talking about Enes Kanter, who never played because he had been paid as a pro overseas (shocker).

51 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Diallo is the only early enrollee I can think of they had.  He ended up coming back.  I can very well be missing someone.  

25 minutes ago, Bigred3588 said:

I think you’re talking about Enes Kanter, who never played because he had been paid as a pro overseas (shocker).

I’m thinking about Hamidou Diallo, but then he came back after practicing but not playing for his first year as a five star.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Harmon64S/status/1320575204691763203

Decent piece of video. Some really well-timed, accurate passes and a cute little left hand finish off a drop step. Have always thought the kid had pretty good vision, but it might be better than that.

9 minutes ago, HoosierRobbie said:

Baumgart seems convinced Kaufman is heading to Purdue. Not sure where he’s getting his info but he seems all in on it.IMG_0984.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

to me if you have Wesley ahead of Kaufman for best 2021 in state player as he stated prior to this post on twitter you lose a lot of credibility.  Wesley is not better than Kaufman.