Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2021) SF - Aminu Mohammed to Georgetown

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Probably not as much as some others but notable to see an insider from another school make a pick for IU. Long way to go in this recruitment

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Really long way. Will be very, very surprised if he doesn’t take all of his visits.

59 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Gotta think It’s super important we’ve had most of our key 21 guys on campus already. Given what’s happening 2021 kids may not have the chance to go on another game day visit 

Jake Weingarten - Harvard, yes Harvard, is the newest school to show significant interest in five-star junior Aminu Mohammed, a source told @Stockrisers.  Excellent student in addition to his Top-15 caliber skillset. Interesting addition to his recruitment.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jake Weingarten - Harvard, yes Harvard, is the newest school to show significant interest in five-star junior Aminu Mohammed, a source told @Stockrisers.  Excellent student in addition to his Top-15 caliber skillset. Interesting addition to his recruitment.

Yeah, I seem to recall Sam Story had a “source” who insinuated that Mohammed was at Greenwood, a school with a 100% college placement record, for questionable reasons. And we all know how sketchy Amaker’s been at Harvard, right?

1 minute ago, FCHoosier said:

Georgetown receives commitment from 6-3 SG for 2021. Not sure how many open scholarships for this class but could be something. Second guard of the class for the Hoyas.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That's outstanding news.

27 minutes ago, FCHoosier said:

Georgetown receives commitment from 6-3 SG for 2021. Not sure how many open scholarships for this class but could be something. Second guard of the class for the Hoyas.

Their roster is loaded with underclassmen guards. But it’s kind of the same situation as IU in that none of them are good enough to threaten a kid like Mohammed. He’s gonna go where he wants and he’s gonna play.
Aside: if you want to see the textbook definition of a stolen kid, watch Kobe Clark for Georgetown. 6’7” wing from St Louis. Played on a loaded team and flew under the radar. Georgetown got in before he blew up.  He’s really, really good. 

Mohammad’s recruitment always felt like one of those that was super far away so there was no point for getting hopes up. Now, he’s about to enter his senior year of HS and will likely decide in the coming months and Indiana is considered the leader.

Wow this will be fun to follow.

11 minutes ago, Bobman1 said:

Mohammad’s recruitment always felt like one of those that was super far away so there was no point for getting hopes up. Now, he’s about to enter his senior year of HS and will likely decide in the coming months and Indiana is considered the leader.

Wow this will be fun to follow.

This was one where I saw we got in early and were aggressive. TBH, I figured it would come down to us and Louisville. 

I know he’s our 1A or 1B priority (I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s the coach’s top target over Trey..). It sounds like Archie & Bruiser have made the most of their time with him.
His guardian gave an interview to a local paper where he mentioned how they liked how IU  has clearly outlined how he’d fit and the staff incorporated some video stuff, example plays and sets, etc. where he’d fit. Arch & Bruiser could make a great case that he’d be able to come in Day 1 and operate as a secondary creator (which we sorely lacked) in our system. 

I personally think it’s refreshing that he’s  not publicly out there on IG, Twitter continuously talking about his recruiting process...flashback to simpler times