Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2021) SF - Aminu Mohammed to Georgetown

It certainly doesn’t help them but I’ve been amazed how they just keep trucking through this as well as Kansas and Arizona. It’s like nobody cares/nobody is worried

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Well, if something were to happen with those schools. You know the NCAA would probably just let the player leave the program via transfer with immediate eligibility.

1 hour ago, RatpigHoosier said:

OF, do you happen to know how early we offered compared to the other Power 5 schools? I know we were pretty early on the scene and I’m very happy we were!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We offered on July 17, 2019.   I can tell you Iowa, Louisville, Missouri and Wake Forest offered in June 2019 per his school's Twitter account.  I didn't try digging any deeper.  Clearly his AAU play last year triggered all the interest.

scoopmantv.com  FOUR NEW PROGRAMS TRYING TO MAKE THEIR MARK WITH FIVE-STAR GUARD AMINU MOHAMMED

In the month of May, four new programs got involved with consensus five-star guard Aminu Mohammed of Greenwood (MO) resulting in four more scholarship offers.

Georgia, Wake Forest, Pittsburgh and Georgetown have all offered Mohammed in the month of May, his guardian Shawn Harmon confirmed, adding to an already long offer list that includes programs such as Indiana, Maryland, Kansas State, Iowa, Louisville, Seton Hall and Florida, among others.

“Georgia and Wake Forest are probably pushing the hardest out of the new programs,” his guardian said. “Georgetown and Pittsburgh are about on the same level in terms of effort shown.”

Mohammed has recently fielded calls from Louisville, Pittsburgh, Maryland, Indiana, Georgia, Georgetown and will get on this week with Wake Forest.

All of the calls have been, “great,” his guardian said, with each program giving a unique perspective on how they plan on using him in the future if he decides to commit.

“Georgia, Indiana and Georgetown have been more specific about how he would be utilized in their system,” his guardian explained. “All three have been very detailed about what they would do to use his attributes and how they can make him even more effective as a player.”

“Louisville has done some of that as well but have not been as detailed as the other three.”

Mohammed has risen to the top of a lot of coaches recruiting boards because of his potential as a player. Most see him as a high level playmaker on both ends and have been outspoken about their respect for his game on both ends.

“Most coaches are saying they like what he can do as a player scoring,” his guardian said. “Potential high level defender, and ability to play multiple positions, as well as, defend multiple positions.”

Equally important to finding the correct fit, is finding a good academic institution. Mohammed has the talent to play in the NBA in the future, but his academic coursework is something he wants to lean on as well. He will be weighing both on and off the court fit when it’s time to make a decision.

“Academics are huge because the school he is at now has very high academic standards,” he said. “And we would like that to continue at the next level.”

But don’t expect a decision any time soon. Mohammed is still sorting through the programs and listening to everyone’s offer before he does any deciding.

“We’re not in a hurry at all to make a decision,” his guardian explained. “We believe the right school will be there in the end, so there is no time table. We’ll get to know the coaches and their staff’s and we’ll enjoy the process of doing that.”

1 hour ago, HoosierDYT said:

Sounds like the staff is doing about as good a job as possible. Happy to hear

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yep love what Archie is doing overall with recruiting. If we can get Trey and any of the Wings we are after we should be in good shape but Aminu could be special. Still think we are looking at 4 person class.  

Harmon sent out a tweet maybe a moth ago musing on things for Mohammed to work on without AAU obligations. I responded that I thought the kid needed to develop a really effective catch and shoot game to most efficiently pair him with an elite primary creator. Mentioned that I thought his footwork and gather were a little sloppy off the catch. Didn’t give it another thought. A couple of weeks later he posts video of him  putting the kid through a series of drills coming off baseline pin downs and squaring up for wing jumpers. Mentions specifically working on his gather.

Yeah, I’ve got that kind of juice.

He is just the type of kid with the work he puts in you hear of and continual growth that is just a dream. This is the kid you want in 1990 as much as 2020. He is just going to be a player, and a dominant one potentially. You put him with Lander and the sky is the limit. No matter where he ends up I am tracking him. Would love to see him reach that potential and become a top 5 pick.

5 hours ago, Demo said:

Harmon sent out a tweet maybe a moth ago musing on things for Mohammed to work on without AAU obligations. I responded that I thought the kid needed to develop a really effective catch and shoot game to most efficiently pair him with an elite primary creator. Mentioned that I thought his footwork and gather were a little sloppy off the catch. Didn’t give it another thought. A couple of weeks later he posts video of him  putting the kid through a series of drills coming off baseline pin downs and squaring up for wing jumpers. Mentions specifically working on his gather.

Yeah, I’ve got that kind of juice.

Harmon has always seemed to be a great guy. He grew up a fan of RMK and liked the way IU played. He KNOWS that our fanbase is as savvy about hoops as any.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/insider/story/_/id/29282714/predicting-where-top-2021-men-college-basketball-recruits-commit

10. Aminu Mohammed, 6-5, 190 pounds, SG

Mohammed's guardian, Shawn Harmon, told ESPN that Georgia, Indiana, Louisville and Wake Forest have been the most consistent schools in terms of staying in contact. Harmon also mentioned Maryland -- where Mohammed took an official visit last fall -- SMU, Kansas State, Pittsburgh and Georgetown as schools that have been keeping in touch. He's taken unofficial visits to Kansas State, Louisville and Indiana.

"For us it's a marathon, not a sprint, so we're just trying to build a relationship with all the schools that have made offers," Harmon said. "We think it's a great list of schools and some really good coaching staffs."

Harmon said there are no plans to reclassify into 2020, despite rumors suggesting it's a possibility. There's no public top group for Mohammed, but Indiana has been involved a long time and continues to impress with its pitches.

20 minutes ago, BH33 said:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/insider/story/_/id/29282714/predicting-where-top-2021-men-college-basketball-recruits-commit

10. Aminu Mohammed, 6-5, 190 pounds, SG

Mohammed's guardian, Shawn Harmon, told ESPN that Georgia, Indiana, Louisville and Wake Forest have been the most consistent schools in terms of staying in contact. Harmon also mentioned Maryland -- where Mohammed took an official visit last fall -- SMU, Kansas State, Pittsburgh and Georgetown as schools that have been keeping in touch. He's taken unofficial visits to Kansas State, Louisville and Indiana.

"For us it's a marathon, not a sprint, so we're just trying to build a relationship with all the schools that have made offers," Harmon said. "We think it's a great list of schools and some really good coaching staffs."

Harmon said there are no plans to reclassify into 2020, despite rumors suggesting it's a possibility. There's no public top group for Mohammed, but Indiana has been involved a long time and continues to impress with its pitches.

This sounds like great news. Have to think it's between IU and Louisville. Who was the last out of state kid ranked this high to come to IU? Bryant was in the 20s. This kid is 10-15. 

49 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

This sounds like great news. Have to think it's between IU and Louisville. Who was the last out of state kid ranked this high to come to IU? Bryant was in the 20s. This kid is 10-15. 

Probably Noah Vonleh. Think he was top 10