Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2021) SF - Aminu Mohammed to Georgetown

23 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jake Weingarten -

Georgia is the newest program to get involved with five-star junior Aminu Mohammed, i’m told.  Tom Crean reached out yesterday and will begin recruiting him.

Sales pitch :

“Aminu Wade” or

”Aminu Oladipo”

NOT Aminu Gelon!   (shhhhhh - Lol)

27 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jake Weingarten -

Georgia is the newest program to get involved with five-star junior Aminu Mohammed, i’m told.  Tom Crean reached out yesterday and will begin recruiting him.

Probably took Crean 2 minutes to name drop Wade and Oladipo.  Next phone call, "I've been thinking about you a lot lately".

15 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Probably took Crean 2 minutes to name drop Wade and Oladipo.  Next phone call, "I've been thinking about you a lot lately".

Unless he’s going to reclass I’d already be asking him “Is Tom even going to be there?”

The Tom Crean era so far?

SEC records:

year one 2-16 (11-21 overall) defensive efficiency #197

year two 5-13 (16-16 overall) defensive efficiency #238 lol 

year three? Lost their two best players. Destined to be truly awful.

Similar trend to his bad first three at IU, but likely without a Cody Zeller, VO, or Yogi Ferrell riding to the rescue. He’s gonna really need that before his seat gets hot.

Bleccch.

It does not take alot of time in modern college basketball. 

Unless you are IU and it takes the team 3 years to learn a defense and to limp into the tourney.

Let’s not throw rocks in a glass house. He essentially accomplished the same in year two that Archie did in year one here and Archie inherited a lot more

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

10 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Unless you are IU and it takes the team 3 years to learn a defense and to limp into the tourney.

Let’s not throw rocks in a glass house. He essentially accomplished the same in year two that Archie did in year one here and Archie inherited a lot more

Archies first three years at IU:

16-16 (9-9 in B1G) #140 in defensive efficiency*

19-16 (8-12 in B1G) #50 in defensive efficiency

20-12 (9-11 in B1G) #94 in defensive efficiency

*team inherited by Archie that was "a lot more" than what Crean had. This team's seniors included Freddie McSwain, Josh Newkirk, and Tim Priller. This team also had a better conference record than the year before.

The Tom Crean era so far?
SEC records:
year one 2-16 (11-21 overall) defensive efficiency #197
year two 5-13 (16-16 overall) defensive efficiency #238 lol 
year three? Lost their two best players. Destined to be truly awful.
Similar trend to his bad first three at IU, but likely without a Cody Zeller, VO, or Yogi Ferrell riding to the rescue. He’s gonna really need that before his seat gets hot.
Bleccch.

I’ve been thinking about you. I’ve been thinking about you a lot ! Lol

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

On 5/7/2020 at 8:45 AM, Andowen1990IU said:

Archies first three years at IU:

16-16 (9-9 in B1G) #140 in defensive efficiency*

19-16 (8-12 in B1G) #50 in defensive efficiency

20-12 (9-11 in B1G) #94 in defensive efficiency

*team inherited by Archie that was "a lot more" than what Crean had. This team's seniors included Freddie McSwain, Josh Newkirk, and Tim Priller. This team also had a better conference record than the year before.

Archie is better than Crean.

That being said, your initial roster cherry picking is almost funny as you do not mention seniors Robert Johnson and Hartman (not to mention non-senior Morgan, Davis, Smith, Al). Did Archie inherit a “contender”, no....but he clearly inherited more than Crean did at Georgia.

3 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Archie is better than Crean.

That being said, your initial roster cherry picking is almost funny as you do not mention seniors Robert Johnson and Hartman (not to mention non-senior Morgan, Davis, Smith, Al). Did Archie inherit a “contender”, no....but he clearly inherited more than Crean did at Georgia.

Miller is better than Crean, but that's not a difficult bar to clear though.

It does not take alot of time in modern college basketball. 

You have to be real with yourself. When Crean has a roster that fit, we were good. His problem was consistency. But those 11-12, 12-13, 15-16 teams were 3 of the top 4-5 seasons we’ve had over the last 25 years.

It took 3 years at Indiana for Crean. I though coaches needed time? I thought 2 years wasn’t long enough? Or does that only apply to Archie?

It takes as long as it takes regardless of coach. For some it takes multiple years and for others it doesn’t take any time at all and for others they never turn it around. Each fans tolerance of how much time a coach is giving is going to be different so answering your question would be impossible