Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2021) SF - Aminu Mohammed to Georgetown

And TJD

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Agreed. TJD seems to be all about Indiana and Indiana basketball and with that roster we are top 10 to start the season and with final four in Indy would be hard not to come back. He doesn’t need the money like some others

Greedy

Yes but I don’t think it’s crazy to think he is here for his junior year. He’s a solid scorer in the paint and solid rebounder but not exceptional at either and hasn’t proven he can shoot at all.

He is my favorite player on the team but he has a lot to work on before he is guaranteed a spot on a nba team

Yes but I don’t think it’s crazy to think he is here for his junior year. He’s a solid scorer in the paint and solid rebounder but not exceptional at either and hasn’t proven he can shoot at all.

He is my favorite player on the team but he has a lot to work on before he is guaranteed a spot on a nba team

I heard Fischer talking about TJD and whether he would even bother checking out the NBA this offseason given that he said he would come back next year. Fischer said that there are 3 NBA teams that have had strong interest in him all year. They call Fischer for reference and his take on kids if you want to know how he knows.

While he agreed with common assessments that his need to develop his right hand and have an outside shot but in talking with the three teams they said they could fix the right hand thing quickly enough. Fisch went on to say that in practice when he shoots outside shots he is able to hit more than he misses.

Fisch did not think he would change his mind but he did say that if he has a session where he hits the outside shot like he has seen him he will raise some eyebrows and anything can change.

28 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Now WHERE are those "Fire Archie Miller" people, I wonder?

Charlie Brown.jpg

I'm not sure why, but this jogged my memory and made me think of a different IU site, many moons ago, where Crean managed to land a pretty good recruit and someone immediately started a thread titled "Where are all the Crean can't recruit people now?" 

Let's hope for a better ending on this one. 

I heard Fischer talking about TJD and whether he would even bother checking out the NBA this offseason given that he said he would come back next year. Fischer said that there are 3 NBA teams that have had strong interest in him all year. They call Fischer for reference and his take on kids if you want to know how he knows.

While he agreed with common assessments that his need to develop his right hand and have an outside shot but in talking with the three teams they said they could fix the right hand thing quickly enough. Fisch went on to say that in practice when he shoots outside shots he is able to hit more than he misses.

Fisch did not think he would change his mind but he did say that if he has a session where he hits the outside shot like he has seen him he will raise some eyebrows and anything can change.

He has the potential and the nba drafts on potential so it’s not crazy to think he could be gone this year or next but he isn’t a lock to stick on a team right now so it would be a huge risk right now but worse players have gone for it

46 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I'm not sure why, but this jogged my memory and made me think of a different IU site, many moons ago, where Crean managed to land a pretty good recruit and someone immediately started a thread titled "Where are all the Crean can't recruit people now?" 

Let's hope for a better ending on this one. 

I never saw a single mention from anyone that said "Crean can't recruit" as a standalone comment.   Crean couldn't build a roster effectively.   I saw (and said) that a lot, which is why he has never won consistently.   But "Crean can't recruit" on its own merit?    No.

7 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Phinisee Thompson Hunter Franklin Lander Mohammed Kaufman Duncomb Geronimo Leal Galloway

Yes please

Only complaint is how small that team is- only one guy over 6'7", and he would be a Freshman. Add a grad transfer big man and I'll approve this request. 

1 hour ago, 8bucks said:

Don needs to do us a solid and tell these NBA teams to go ogle some other teenagers with holes in their games. 

45 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

I never saw a single mention from anyone that said "Crean can't recruit" as a standalone comment.   Crean couldn't build a roster effectively.   I saw (and said) that a lot, which is why he has never won consistently.   But "Crean can't recruit" on its own merit?    No.

I think it was sometime in 2010; Crean had been taking some heat for "only" landing Sheehey and Oladipo in the 2010 class and missing on every player in-state. He struck it rich later that year, and that's probably when that discussion happened. 

I think it was sometime in 2010; Crean had been taking some heat for "only" landing Sheehey and Oladipo in the 2010 class and missing on every player in-state. He struck it rich later that year, and that's probably when that discussion happened. 

Pretty sure it’s when we landed Zeller. Simpler times.