Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2021) SF - Aminu Mohammed to Georgetown

This is from Aminu's Missouri guardian Shawn Harmon. 

His freshman year he attended Archbishop Carroll HS in Maryland.  He scored 552 pts. and grabbed 297 rebounds.  

Thus far for his 2 years in Missouri at Greenwood he's scored 2,022 pts. and grabbed 1,256 rebounds.  

I think I'm more impressed with his freshman stats than I am his Missouri stats.  

14 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

We're in serious play with this young man. His guardian has been following IU since childhood and his visit earlier in the season was a bucket list type of deal. Posts alot of nice things about IU on twitter and has had positive responses about a few of mine also. Hope Aminu has a great OV and Shawn steers him this way! 

Interesting information. After the game I saw that Bruiser went to a couple of months back he and Harmon were hanging out and absolutely looked like boys. I mean really laughing it up. So I’ve assumed all along that their relationship was where this jumped off. If he’s an IU fan and they have a great relationship as well so much the better. Have thought all along that this was pretty unlikely to come together. But starting to develop some guarded optimism.

Here's another report on Aminu's game stats.    

Greenwood won Class 2 District 11 nice work foe #24 Aminu Mohammed 37pts,17 boards, 3 blocks & 2 steals.

ADDED:  Game story.   Quote from losing coach.  “It was hard to counter what Aminu could do,” Smith said. “Whenever in doubt, when they needed a bucket, they went to him. I felt like we could guard all the others straight up, but we had a hard time trying to counter him."

http://www.ozarkssportszone.com/2020/02/29/mohammed-powers-greenwood-past-crane-with-38-points-20-rebounds/

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
Added game story

Greenwood (26-3) defeated Purdy  79-50.  Mohammed with 20 pts.  and 12 reb.

He clears 1,000 points for the second straight season, now with 1,019 and 40 points away from his own city single-season record of 1,059 set last year.

http://www.ozarkssportszone.com/2020/03/04/greenwood-beats-purdy-by-29-in-class-2-sectional/

On 3/1/2020 at 1:31 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Shawn Harmon also paying very close attention to Kentucky.

I think we have a shot here, but if Kentucky prioritizes him as option 1A it could go Kentucky’s way.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Gotta think we only have a chance if Lander is the real deal and Trayce is planning on sticking around. Dude is going to want to play with a stud pg and center 

Mohammed's season ended Saturday with a 49-47 loss to Hartville.  He finished with 22 or 24 pts. depending which number is correct in the game story.  He fouled out with 5.9 Sec. remaining in the game.

Game story:  http://www.ozarkssportszone.com/2020/03/07/hartville-downs-greenwood-in-49-47-thriller-to-advance-to-class-2-final-four/

From the stats I've found for him over his 30-game season, he averaged 34.7 ppg and 16 rpg.

Mohammed's season ended Saturday with a 49-47 loss to Hartville.  He finished with 22 or 24 pts. depending which number is correct in the game story.  He fouled out with 5.9 Sec. remaining in the game.
Game story:  http://www.ozarkssportszone.com/2020/03/07/hartville-downs-greenwood-in-49-47-thriller-to-advance-to-class-2-final-four/
From the stats I've found for him over his 30-game season, he averaged 34.7 ppg and 16 rpg.

Good video. Mohammed appears to be a willing passer, if this short clip is representative of his typical play.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app