Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2021) SF - Aminu Mohammed to Georgetown

I’m quite certain this was decided long before Armaan Franklin started shooting like he was a three point assassin. Also, pretty sure it has nothing to do with competition he might or might not have at the spot.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yes. We will never know the real reasons. We might have had a chance if Bob Knight was still coach and he allowed bagmen to take care of his players.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

40 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Eight hours left and STILL no predictions. While it's easier to keep rumors in check when the player is from out of country, Shawn Harmon and Aminu have done a "Zeller-like" fantastic job of keeping a lid on the choice.

To be fair there is a 5* committing today with IU right there at the end and Peegs hasn’t posted about it on Twitter.  

24 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Do we even have a chance

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm assuming that Crean will give this young man the "Noah Vonleh/Anthony Edwards" treatment, and we will not.

So, while I suppose there's a chance, I am not optimistic. We have Franklin, Galloway, and Stewart to man the 2/3 for the next few years, so we are not going to suffer too much from this no-get if the likely scenario plays out.

I'm assuming that Crean will give this young man the "Noah Vonleh/Anthony Edwards" treatment, and we will not.

What is this treatment? Does this just mean giving him free rein and letting him be the star of the program, or is there an implication of dirty recruiting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:

What is this treatment? Does this just mean giving him free rein and letting him be the star of the program, or is there an implication of dirty recruiting?

An implication?

Sure.

4 hours ago, Free Jurkin! said:

I look at it as Crean being Crean, and simply having a personality that these types of kids are drawn to. The best way to get 5 star recruits is to run around the country with the energy and relentlessness of a weasel in heat on meth. These kids love it when coaches "show them love" and always talk about how "blessed" they are to receive an offer. I'm not sure why so many recruits want coaches to "show them love"; perhaps they lack father figures in their lives, and Crean has found a niche in filling that void with some of them? Anyway, I'm convinced that Crean gets players like Vonleh, Edwards, and soon to be Aminu, not from his coaching or NBA track record, but purely from sheer, maniacal effort. 

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Remarkable inactivity.  Putting Indiana in the token top 3 or 5 has gotten old.   It sure drives the Twitter mania recruits are looking for however. 

But there are two historically relevant programs, + Georgia in his final three. I think that if Gtown and us had completely backed off that would have leaked too.

Also, there hasn't been much self-promotion at all--Harmon is not out doing publicity tours with reporters.

I look at it as Crean being Crean, and simply having a personality that these types of kids are drawn to. The best way to get 5 star recruits is to run around the country with the energy and relentlessness of a weasel in heat on meth. These kids love it when coaches "show them love" and always talk about how "blessed" they are to receive an offer. I'm not sure why so many recruits want coaches to "show them love"; perhaps they lack father figures in their lives, and Crean has found a niche in filling that void with some of them? Anyway, I'm convinced that Crean gets players like Vonleh, Edwards, and soon to be Aminu, not from his coaching or NBA track record, but purely from sheer, maniacal effort. 

That’s possible, but I have a hard time believing the kids were actually drawn to Crean. I was around a former highly regarded recruit that ended up choosing Michigan a few years back, and was pretty good for them, that Crean “was an absolute weirdo”. Said he honestly thought the guy was cracked out everytime he met him.

10 minutes ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

That’s possible, but I have a hard time believing the kids were actually drawn to Crean. I was around a former highly regarded recruit that ended up choosing Michigan a few years back, and was pretty good for them, that Crean “was an absolute weirdo”. Said he honestly thought the guy was cracked out everytime he met him.

You know what, that would explain a few in game decisions too.