Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2021) SF - Aminu Mohammed to Georgetown

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

Crean was fired because he couldn't recruit well enough...?

He bombed on his last two classes. Basically got nothing after Thomas Bryant committed. 

I believe this will be his second 5-star recruit at Georgia. One more than Archie Miller has here, and he's been there one year less. 

Mohammed is easy to love based on his videos- athletic and aggressive. Looks like he's ready for college. Still gotta say if he's a one & done it's not gonna break my heart if he goes elsewhere. I want talent, recruiting momentum and buzz, etc. Mostly I want wins, and being as objective as possible, most 1 & done's don't seem to equate to wins, unless you have some kind of super-class or really solid experienced players around them too. Even then seems like a mixed bag. Call me crazy and I've gone back and forth on it, but I'm not sold he helps IU wins games if he's only on campus for 8-9mos.  

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Crean has them playing well 5-0 with a ranking in the 90's.

NOOooooooo Chris ... don't fall for the old Creanery trickery! Lol

They are 5-0 over five teams that are all 250th or worse nationally:

• Samford (in a squeaker), 
  • 0-4 Montana
  • 0-4 Florida A&M (and they were down in the second half)
  • 0-3 D2 North Georgia St and
  • Jacksonville (okay, maybe they are 200-250th)

31 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

He bombed on his last two classes. Basically got nothing after Thomas Bryant committed. 

I believe this will be his second 5-star recruit at Georgia. One more than Archie Miller has here, and he's been there one year less. 

Lander and Romeo.  Probably depends on which service you look at for these.  I usually go 247 composite.  I know Crean was higher on two other 5* before Aminu at one point.  I honestly have no clue if that’s changed or not.  

The fact that he wants to enroll next semester and the fact that Georgia creaned someone in the past couple weeks has me thinking this isn't gonna go our way. It happens every now and then, and during COVID-19, it's pretty much chaos -- but how often do you see a guy say he's leaving the program right after the start of the basketball season? Crean needed to create space -- and that's what he did. 

The fact that Georgia creaned someone to make room for Mohammed got me to hearken back to 2012, when "The Movement" was on the way. I wasn't on this board then, but remember seeing on another chat (maybe the comments in IndyStar or some chat on FB) that there was a secret plan in place if we had remain oversigned -- had Ron Patterson not mysteriously been deemed academically unqualified at the last minute.

Anybody remember that? Anybody know of such a plan? I recall seeing speculation that maybe since Yogi's parents could afford it, he might pay his own way for a year -- and officially be declared a "walk-on" until the following year, when a scholly would open. 

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

The fact that he wants to enroll next semester and the fact that Georgia creaned someone in the past couple weeks has me thinking this isn't gonna go our way. It happens every now and then, and during COVID-19, it's pretty much chaos -- but how often do you see a guy say he's leaving the program right after the start of the basketball season? Crean needed to create space -- and that's what he did. 

Georgia doesn't get that scholarship to give until Fall 2021. If he wants to go to UGA and enroll after the semester break, he'll need to pay his own way for a semester.

20 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

They have a tendency to turn into projectiles when someone is creaned.

I thought that was Eli Holman when Crean wouldn't let him out of his scholarship. I guess there could have been multiple potted plant firings.

1 minute ago, ebridges24 said:

I thought that was Eli Holman when Crean wouldn't let him out of his scholarship. I guess there could have been multiple potted plant firings.

That whole episode is a blur I've tried to block out but I think you are correct. 

12-2-10EliHolman.jpg

2 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

I was apparently recalling the holman leaving incident incorrectly.  I was thinking he was creaned but apparently not.  oops.

Georgia doesn't get that scholarship to give until Fall 2021. If he wants to go to UGA and enroll after the semester break, he'll need to pay his own way for a semester.

Should probably be fine since I’m sure the UGA AD will give Crean the green light to reimburse him for a paid semester.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners