Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2021) SF - Aminu Mohammed to Georgetown

Tomorrow evening (Dec. 8th) Greenwood hosts Rogersville.  Game will be televised on Mediacom livestreamed on http://citylinktv.com and broadcast on The Jock 96.9 FM radio https://969thejock.com/             Varsity tipoff approx. 8:00 ET.

Where's a mercy rule when you need one?  Greenwood on the road at Mountain Grove --  36-13 at the half and 66-16 at the end of the 3rd Q.  Final score 69 - 23.

Aminu went to the bench for the final time with 3 or 4 min. left in the 3rd and finished with 20 pts. and 8 reb.  His next game is Saturday afternoon.

1 minute ago, Demo said:

Not a thing. But I'm going to the Greenwood game in Jeff City tomorrow and I'm sure once he sees me court side in my favorite IU hoodie he's gonna run over, give me a big social distance-inappropriate hug and say, "See you next month."

Okay, that probably not so much that. But I am going to introduce myself to Harmon if he's there, and he's been at the games I've gone down for except 1. I've DM'd with him a couple of times and he seems like a genuinely decent dude. I'm sure he'll tell me everything.

Okay, that probably not so much, either.

Any idea what kind of opponent Jeff City will be for Greenwood?  Heckuva title game against Kickapoo in the Willard Classic and then last night hardly anyone broke a sweat against Mountain Grove.

12 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Any idea what kind of opponent Jeff City will be for Greenwood?  Heckuva title game against Kickapoo in the Willard Classic and then last night hardly anyone broke a sweat against Mountain Grove.

Think they could bring OG back and give us an idea of what Aminu looks like against real competition?

:)

25 minutes ago, Demo said:

Not a thing. But I'm going to the Greenwood game in Jeff City tomorrow and I'm sure once he sees me court side in my favorite IU hoodie he's gonna run over, give me a big social distance-inappropriate hug and say, "See you next month."

Okay, that probably not so much that. But I am going to introduce myself to Harmon if he's there, and he's been at the games I've gone down for except 1. I've DM'd with him a couple of times and he seems like a genuinely decent dude. I'm sure he'll tell me everything.

Okay, that probably not so much, either.

No preemptive excuses.

Make.

It.

Happen.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Haven’t paid any attention to them since OG was there. I know they were pretty meh last year. But at least it’s a pretty big school, so hopefully they have a couple of kids who can play at least a little.

Shawn Harmon @Harmon64S

Will probably be our toughest match thus far this year!!! Should be a good game

Best news is that we can watch the game on the JCHS YouTube Channel.  Tipoff at 2:00 ET

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVmdmuHTvIHbwaYdFMrWcQ

18 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Where's a mercy rule when you need one?  Greenwood on the road at Mountain Grove --  36-13 at the half and 66-16 at the end of the 3rd Q.  Final score 69 - 23.

Aminu went to the bench for the final time with 3 or 4 min. left in the 3rd and finished with 20 pts. and 8 reb.  His next game is Saturday afternoon.

30-3 in the 3rd quarter??? Hurt me, hurt me, hurt me!!!

1 hour ago, jonz44 said:

30-3 in the 3rd quarter??? Hurt me, hurt me, hurt me!!!

The radio announcers were a hoot to listen to.  I caught the broadcast at the end of the 1st Q and it wasn't until halftime that they gave an actual score.  They just kept saying Mountain Grove trails by 'x' or Mountain Grover is down 'x'.

They also repeatedly commented that Mountain Grove had to "shoot over trees."

Aminu becomes Greenwood’s career scoring leader with 2,242 points, passing Julius Walker (2,235; ‘17). Now second in city history in career scoring, trailing only Monty Johal (2,583; Glendale ‘18).

Also learned something today.  Missouri high school basketball uses a running clock in the 4th quarter when the point differential at the end of the 3rd Q is 30 or more points.  Happened in both Aminu's game and in Tarris Reed's game.

Aminu becomes Greenwood’s career scoring leader with 2,242 points, passing Julius Walker (2,235; ‘17). Now second in city history in career scoring, trailing only Monty Johal (2,583; Glendale ‘18).
Also learned something today.  Missouri high school basketball uses a running clock in the 4th quarter when the point differential at the end of the 3rd Q is 30 or more points.  Happened in both Aminu's game and in Tarris Reed's game.
Illinois uses that during tournaments

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk