Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2021) SF - Aminu Mohammed to Georgetown

59 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

So Georgia and Georgetown don’t have a scholarship for him. And Maryland Insiders say he ain’t going there.  

Fingers crossed here.  

Tom Crean always has a scholarship if he wants a player badly enough. 

Pretty sad that we're hoping Archie Miller can out-recruit Tom Crean to land an impact player and keep this class from being a dud. 

1 minute ago, Stromboli said:

So we’ve eliminated 20 possible days of the commitment. Sources tell me he will choose Indiana or a different school.

I'm thinking, in order of likelihood:

1. BrucieK State
  2. IU
  3. Creaner Nation
  4. Tejas
  5. Gtown
  6. University of Who the Hell Knows

3 minutes ago, Bobman1 said:

Has there been any actual speculation of any leans he’s feeling or are we just very skeptical cause of the way recent recruitments have gone?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yes ... all kidding aside, the list of mine above is based on current speculation weighed against which schools actually have a spot for him this year.

42 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:
Breaking: 5-star guard Aminu Mohammed will make his college decision on or after December 15th, per source.

Not sure that date is gonna be exactly right. Greenwood has a road game at Billings HS that night. Even with the way everything is being done virtually now that feels like kind of an awkward fit. So I’m going with after.

btw: for anyone curious about what school serves the educational needs of bumf**k Egypt, that would be Billings HS. 

ScoopmanTV   @scoopmantv   Breaking: 5-star guard Aminu Mohammed will make his college decision on or after December 15th, per source.   8:38 AM · Nov 25, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

On or After? What kind of verbiage is that?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

19 hours ago, mdn82 said:

I will be the first to put it out there like this.  I would currently be surprised if he doesn’t come here based on who his teams are, and what’s available.  This dude is a difference maker for 1.5 years.  Essentially Lander at the 2/3 from a skill level expectancy.  That said even if we get a commit from him which would be absolutely huge, I still feel this recruiting cycle is potentially a letdown if we aren’t able to get one or two more players in the spring cycle.  This year more than any it’s possible.  But it really starts with Aminu.  Unfortunately we are at a point where we really need to stock skill and he is most definitely our best option.  Really feel our depth quality hurt us more than we will ever know in this cycle.

Based on that logic, it should be far, far easier to recruit (whether with a transfer, spring signing, or decommit) for a 6'7" + player.

In a strange way, that makes Aminu a better get, because a prime player for the hole that would be left to fill in theory could easily envision major minutes.

22 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I'm not holding my breath on landing Aminu for 2020 (spring) or 2021.  The offer has been there for awhile and it feels like he could have pulled the trigger a number of different times but has waited.  Not only has he waited, he's also fielded more offers.  Just doesn't seem like he's convinced IU would get him to where he wants to go.  I'd love to hear what is being said about IU and Archie on the recruiting trail these days.

Just for shits and gigs though...  We could go smaller and crazy athletic in the near future.

PG:  Phin, Lander

SG/SW: Franklin, Galloway, Aminu, Leal

BW:  Hunter, Geronimo

C:  Thompson, Duncomb

I like it all except Thompson at C. I have a hard time seeing U winning consistently in the B1G with Race in post fulltime. 

I realize they aren't the same player, but I still have nightmares about Hartman playing center. Never again, please NEVER AGAIN!