Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2021) SF - Aminu Mohammed to Georgetown

I'm gonna project positive results a little on Leal, Galloway, and Franklin and say that while getting high end talent is a good thing, if this one doesn't turn out for IU I will not have a moment's pause.

If I had a choice between a commit by this 5* or #60 Mason Miller at 6'9", I'd choose Miller all day and twice on Sunday.

3 hours ago, triple said:

Ideally both, but Mohammed strikes me as offering a high level of "refuse-to-lose" stuff (attitude, motor, skills).  He's been #1 on my list for a loooong time.  I do feel like our current freshmen are going to bring an attitude upgrade, but Mohammed stands out to me as being elite in that regard.  

I'm all for that! Isn't he considered a one & done though? I'm not sure if the juice is worth the squeeze on that for IU. Seems to be a tough act to balance unless you go all in (see Dook, Kensucky, et al) 

https://247sports.com/college/georgetown/Article/aminu-mohammed-discusses-georgetown-recruitment-154435480/Amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Interview with both Mohammed and Harmon by the Georgetown 24/7 writer. Mohammed’s part is pretty bland. The kid has really mastered the generic answer. Harmon’s part is interesting because he makes it pretty apparent that if the HS season is cancelled Aminu will be on a college campus in January, which would screw Georgetown. Given the Covid spread in MO right now, this seems entirely possible, bordering on likely.

https://247sports.com/college/georgetown/Article/aminu-mohammed-discusses-georgetown-recruitment-154435480/Amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Interview with both Mohammed and Harmon by the Georgetown 24/7 writer. Mohammed’s part is pretty bland. The kid has really mastered the generic answer. Harmon’s part is interesting because he makes it pretty apparent that if the HS season is cancelled Aminu will be on a college campus in January, which would screw Georgetown. Given the Covid spread in MO right now, this seems entirely possible, bordering on likely.
Not to get political, but if they cancel sports because of covid after seeing the non-social distancing mass celebrations yesterday, I'm going to be very angry. We can't pick a choose when a crowd can gather. If one is ok the other reasons are also. Same vice versa. FTR, I had no problem withe Election victory celebration.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Not to get political, but if they cancel sports because of covid after seeing the non-social distancing mass celebrations yesterday, I'm going to be very angry. We can't pick a choose when a crowd can gather. If one is ok the other reasons are also. Same vice versa. FTR, I had no problem withe Election victory celebration.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

You forgot the apostrophe in the "with the" contraction, should've been "wi'the". I got your back. just kidding by the way and i agree wi'the premise of your post.

1 hour ago, Hardwood83 said:

Serious question, if he enrolls in Jan will he only be on campus 3-4 mos? Does that make him eligible for the 2021 draft? 

I think the rule is a year out of HS.

My oldest was a HS Sr last year and it was kind of a bummer how it all ended with the graduation and all. But for a Sr in HS now like Aminu, that’d be tough. Selfishly for IU, it looks like we are in a good spot. But at the same time, I hate it for any kid not to be able to go through their SR season/school year with their friends and family/loved ones.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It will be no more difficult--arguably less difficult--for Aminu Mohammed to skip his graduation than it was Kristian Lander. Lander gave up the chance to be Indiana's Mr. Basketball. Graduation is often a bigger deal for parents than for the kids many of whom can't wait to move on (That was true with me). Most of Mohammed's family don't even live in the US.

With the cancellation of the Bass Pro Tournament of Champions, a source told @Stockrisers that Aminu Mohammed could likely commit in the next few weeks.

Rest of story is behind a paywall but implication is that a January enrollment may be more likely. 

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

With the cancellation of the Bass Pro Tournament of Champions, a source told @Stockrisers that Aminu Mohammed could likely commit in the next few weeks.

Rest of story is behind a paywall but implication is that a January enrollment may be more likely. 

Harmon tweeted a while ago that, in light of the T of C cancellation, if the the Blue and Gold event goes away as well that would effectively be the season. I will actually be pretty surprised if this doesn’t wrap up in the next couple of weeks, cancellation or not.

48 minutes ago, Demo said:

Harmon tweeted a while ago that, in light of the T of C cancellation, if the the Blue and Gold event goes away as well that would effectively be the season. I will actually be pretty surprised if this doesn’t wrap up in the next couple of weeks, cancellation or not.

I know he’s quite the mystery, but do you have any production as to his destination?

58 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I know he’s quite the mystery, but do you have any production as to his destination?

Have thought for the last year it was going to be Georgetown. The combination of fit, need, location and Harmon’s stated admiration for Ewing would be too much. But the pandemic changed everything. The Greenwood coach, Darren Taylor, has apparently told people that he doesn’t expect to have Mohammed all year under any circumstances. Don’t know if that’s true, just what I’ve been told. If that’s true, Mohammed’s options are actually pretty limited. G-town and Georgia don’t have open rides. Looking at their roster, I believe UT is full.  I think DePaul jumped in late because they do. Harmon has said a lot of nice things to people about Miller and his attention to detail, though he seems to say nice things about everyone. I freely admit that this is based on a combination of previously reliable 2nd hand information and 2+2., but at this point, unless it turns out to be something bazaar like an HBCU school, I kind of think it’s going to be IU.

Have thought for the last year it was going to be Georgetown. The combination of fit, need, location and Harmon’s stated admiration for Ewing would be too much. But the pandemic changed everything. The Greenwood coach, Darren Taylor, has apparently told people that he doesn’t expect to have Mohammed all year under any circumstances. Don’t know if that’s true, just what I’ve been told. If that’s true, Mohammed’s options are actually pretty limited. G-town and Georgia don’t have open rides. Looking at their roster, I believe UT is full.  I think DePaul jumped in late because they do. Harmon has said a lot of nice things to people about Miller and his attention to detail, though he seems to say nice things about everyone. I freely admit that this is based on a combination of previously reliable 2nd hand information and 2+2., but at this point, unless it turns out to be something bazaar like an HBCU school, I kind of think it’s going to be IU.

Great analysis. I obviously know less than you, but totally agree that I also “kind of think it’s going to be IU.”

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app