Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2021) SF - Aminu Mohammed to Georgetown

With Aminu, Lander and TJD we wouldn’t be guard or front court centric. We would be a complete team for like the 3rd time this century. 

Well yes, if we have a 5* junior big man that would help.

I just meant that lander and Mohammed in the backcourt would be an awesome duo

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Demo said:

Not long after Lander committed I responded to something Harmon tweeted about Mohammed with something along the lines of, “Lander and Mohammed would be the kind of backcourt that wins NC’s.” Harmon liked it and responded, “yes it would.”

One other thing: putting the whole “guardian” thing aside, Harmon seems like a pretty decent guy. I responded to something he tweeted mentioning that I had driven down from St Louis to watch the kid play and what an impressive player he is. Harmon DM’d me thanking me for making the trip down. Had no reason to. Very gracious of him.

Agreed 100%. I’ve been following him for a few months and I’m loving the old school highlights & quotes he retweets (including some from Knight & Dean Smith). I personally can’t get enough of that stuff!

As y’all can prolly tell, I’m riding shotgun on the AM bandwagon ... so I wanted to share a couple articles (see below) that had some really good stuff about Aminu, his backstory & move from Nigeria and his relationship with his guardian / Coach .. definitely sounds like a very disciplined environment!

https://www.ozarkssportszone.com/2018/10/11/nationally-ranked-greenwood-sophomore-aminu-mohammed-has-nba-dreams/

https://www.news-leader.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/01/02/msu-basketball-recruit-5-star-aminu-mohammed/2401024002/

Man I hate that I feel this good about a high level 5* this early in the process, but you can see on tape where he would fit. Without geography being an issue (it’s still not bad here) I love the fit, need, and upside. That backcourt with Lander is an absolute dream scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The link is to a summary of Mohammed from Alec Lasley to which Shawn Harmon, Mohammed's guardian, issued a specific tweet.  May not mean anything at all, but...........

Shawn Harmon @Harmon64S

Very honest and respectable evaluation of the young fella a writer who has obviously spent time studying his game.

https://indiana.rivals.com/news/scouting-report-aminu-mohammed

Interesting!

11 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The link is to a summary of Mohammed from Alec Lasley to which Shawn Harmon, Mohammed's guardian, issued a specific tweet.  May not mean anything at all, but...........

Shawn Harmon @Harmon64S

Very honest and respectable evaluation of the young fella a writer who has obviously spent time studying his game.

Harmon’s right. That’s a better breakdown of Mohammed than some of the others I’ve read/heard.  Never seen a HS guard who finishes through contact like that. Never. To be fair, I think Lasley is extrapolating a good bit defensively based on traits/competitiveness rather than what he’s actually seen, though I would agree with his conclusion. 

15 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Shawn Harmon @Harmon64S

Good.

Hopefully he didn't see a certain supposed insider's post comparing Aminu to Armaan Franklin.

Louisville has been one of the primary contenders for Mohammed.
Its gotta be helpful for us that UL, while already on probation, just got hit with a new Level I notice.
We don’t even need anything to happen to them; just the cloud hanging over their head makes them a less attractive destination.

It did with Romeo but it hasn’t stopped other highly recruited players from going there. They’ve recruited quite well through all of this scandal

14 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

It did with Romeo but it hasn’t stopped other highly recruited players from going there. They’ve recruited quite well through all of this scandal

Exactly; it mattered with Romeo.

It hasn’t stopped them, but it sure as heck hasn’t helped them with kids who were on the fence anyway.

Exactly; it mattered with Romeo.
It hasn’t stopped them, but it sure as heck hasn’t helped them with kids who were on the fence anyway.

It certainly doesn’t help them but I’ve been amazed how they just keep trucking through this as well as Kansas and Arizona. It’s like nobody cares/nobody is worried

They still pay well

I’m sure they do but that is even crazier that they haven’t stopped doing the crap they are being investigated for. One would think they would pump the breaks a bit while the bright lights are on them but they have just thrown up the middle finger

I’m sure they do but that is even crazier that they haven’t stopped doing the crap they are being investigated for. One would think they would pump the breaks a bit while the bright lights are on them but they have just thrown up the middle finger

LSU and Will Wade flew the double birds at the NCAA. Why wouldn’t Uof6?

Jake Weingarten -

Georgia is the newest program to get involved with five-star junior Aminu Mohammed, i’m told.  Tom Crean reached out yesterday and will begin recruiting him.

Louisville’s Chris Mack and staff will virtually meet with five-star junior Aminu Mohammed next week, his guardian, Shawn Harmon told Stockrisers.