Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

TV Series Thread

On 8/29/2019 at 3:23 PM, BGleas said:

No particular order, but shows I've really liked recently on Netflix...

Madmen

Breaking Bad

Better Call Saul

Peaky Blinders

Broadchurch

Wentworth

Ozark

Happy Valley

Started Peaky Blinders last evening. Can't turn it off yet!

Watched a documentary on Netflix this weekend about the 1966 LeMans race called The 24 Hour War. Fantastic. If you’re in to road racing I would call it a borderline must watch.

I don't watch a lot of TV, but have enjoyed some of the series mentioned: Mad Men, Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul (I prefer BCS!) and just started watching Ozark. If you like Jason Batemen try Arrested Development (Netflix) for a completely different genre. I think it's hilarious. 

I did not care for Peaky Blinders or Sneaky Pete but my wife liked both. Obviously she has low standards :) 

I would add "The Americans" although not sure where it's available.

Another suggestion: Kingdom (Netflix) if you have been looking for a Zombie show set in n 18th Century Korea (with subtitles!) it's for you!

1 hour ago, Hardwood83 said:

I don't watch a lot of TV, but have enjoyed some of the series mentioned: Mad Men, Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul (I prefer BCS!) and just started watching Ozark. If you like Jason Batemen try Arrested Development (Netflix) for a completely different genre. I think it's hilarious. 

I did not care for Peaky Blinders or Sneaky Pete but my wife liked both. Obviously she has low standards :) 

I would add "The Americans" although not sure where it's available.

Another suggestion: Kingdom (Netflix) if you have been looking for a Zombie show set in n 18th Century Korea (with subtitles!) it's for you!

Americans is on Prime 

This isn't about a series. Every year on 9-11, I watch the History Channel documentary, 102 minutes that changed America. It is a minute by minute account of the tragedy from the times the planes hit until they came down. The footage comes from a variety of sources including homemade video footage.
There are other documentaries about 9-11, but this is by for my favorite.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Haven’t went back through but I really enjoy:

- Bones (seen all episodes)
- Supernatural (a few seasons behind)
- The Walking Dead (2 seasons behind, don’t like watching it with the kiddos around)
- Hawaii Five-0 (didn’t get to watch the new episodes once a couple of the main characters left)
- Last Man Standing (a few seasons behind)
- The Andy Griffith Show (don’t like it as much post-Barney Fife)

About it as of right now. I don’t get into many new ones because of the kids, but I really liked the 1st season of The Last Kingdom on Netflix. Haven’t seen any other seasons yet.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

16 hours ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Haven’t went back through but I really enjoy:

- Bones (seen all episodes)
- Supernatural (a few seasons behind)
- The Walking Dead (2 seasons behind, don’t like watching it with the kiddos around)
- Hawaii Five-0 (didn’t get to watch the new episodes once a couple of the main characters left)
- Last Man Standing (a few seasons behind)
- The Andy Griffith Show (don’t like it as much post-Barney Fife)

About it as of right now. I don’t get into many new ones because of the kids, but I really liked the 1st season of The Last Kingdom on Netflix. Haven’t seen any other seasons yet.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just finished the series finale of Supernatural.  15 years being on the air says something about the longevity of the show.  A show about the relationship between 2 brothers lasted 15 years hunting monsters was secondary.   Sad to see it end.   I’m 42 and when I started watching it I was 27.  Im glad someone else on here watches it 

I really like Shameless on Netflix. It's not for everyone, but there's no way to get comfortable watching it. It plays on every emotion, while being really funny at times, pretty disturbing most of the time, and extraordinary sad too.  

I don't know if I have a top 5 of all time, and I will admit I went nearly 20 years without a tv by choice, but the following shows are incredible in my opinion.  I was surprised three of these were never mentioned.

Money Heist

Dark

Ozark

You

Breaking Bad

EDIT:

Some others I really enjoyed: (in no particular order)

Mindhunter

Hip-Hop Evolution

Broadchurch

The Haunting of Hill House

Stranger Things

The Office

The Sopranos

Black Mirror

The Umbrella Academy

Master of None

Locke and Key

Love

New Girl

Atypical

Russian Doll

Some shows I still want to see:

Our Planet

Peaky Blinders

Shameless

Arrested Development

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Maniac

Narcos

Daredevil

Dexter

Ratched

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

14 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Dusted off the old Chess Club set after watching Queen’s Gambit. Holy moly, what a great show! About the most I’ve enjoyed a show since GoT. 

I heard good things about Ted Lasso. It’s up next. 

I really enjoyed Ted Lasso, he reminds me of Tom Allen. 

On 12/11/2020 at 5:00 PM, Demo said:

Can never pass up a good top 5:

Game of Thrones

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Northern Exposure

Russian Doll

Orphan Black

I enjoyed GoT when watching it, but the more time that goes by the more I realize the ending really, REALLY sucked.