Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Capt. Crimson

IU Trustee Election

14 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

It was a good run. Another one bites the dust. 

Look I get it. You don't like Eric. Others do and can see through his silliness and realize he is a great guy. You are entitled to vote for whoever you want and I respect that, but stop putting down people who see it differently than you. That is part of an election. People like different candidates and it does not make someone superior to someone else.  

44 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Look I get it. You don't like Eric. Others do and can see through his silliness and realize he is a great guy. You are entitled to vote for whoever you want and I respect that, but stop putting down people who see it differently than you. That is part of an election. People like different candidates and it does not make someone superior to someone else.  

The guy is weird. I don’t want IU to have trustees who go running around creeping recruits out like he has done in the past. It makes IU look bad. 

Like, this is just weird and would probably weird me out if I was a 17-18 year old recruit.

And the tweets at Dawson Garcia a couple years ago were rather creepy. Not really the guy I’d want as a trustee. 

33 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I kinda like Eric. Though, when I see through his silliness I see lots more silliness.

I most certainly like Hova and Cody Zeller. And, I fully respect the right for Cody to endorse Eric and Hova to bust on him!

What to do what to do ... Do I have to choo-choo choose? (*said in best Ralphie Wiggums voice)

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

His silliness is creepy as hell and makes IU fans look bad. 

2 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. Others like me and Zeller might feel differently and it doesn't mean you can dump on them for having a different thought on them matter.

Eric is controversial and people like you find him creepy, while other people like him. We are all entitled to our own opinions without negative comments.

3 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The guy is weird. I don’t want IU to have trustees who go running around creeping recruits out like he has done in the past. It makes IU look bad. 

Like, this is just weird and would probably weird me out if I was a 17-18 year old recruit.

And the tweets at Dawson Garcia a couple years ago were rather creepy. Not really the guy I’d want as a trustee. 

As I have said everyone is entitled to their own opinion without being belittled for it. Eric is controversial and some don't like his silliness and are perfectly OK to think that. Myself and Cody Zeller are entitled to a different opinion without being dumped on for it. That is the beautify of the world is different people have different opinions.

I really don’t see where you’re seeing people be “belittled” for their opinion, honestly. Maybe Eric is a really great guy in person. I don’t know, I’ve never met him. All I have to go off is his social media behavior. His social media behavior, especially toward recruits, is creepy. It’s not just “silliness,” it’s creepy. Tweeting at 17 year old recruits and saying you “had BFF necklaces made for us,” are “deciding where to get we are BFFs tattooed” and that you “changed your kid’s name to Dawson” is creepy. That’s not the kind of behavior I want to see from someone representing the university as a trustee. Being creepy is worse than being an a*****e, and IU fans already get enough crap from people for being a******s. If he doesn’t want people to see him that way then he should reevaluate his social media behavior. 

I’d go a step further and say I’d rather not have people who cover IU athletics be that creepy. I don’t know the guy or what Hoosier Hysterics actually does. That crap, even if meant only as a joke, is C.R.E.E.P.Y. and could easily turn people (recruits and families) off to IU. He shouldn’t be anywhere close to representing IU as a trustee with that nonsense. If he is elected I hope he cuts that crap out. There’s a time and place for fun and games (sans creepiness).

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. Others like me and Zeller might feel differently and it doesn't mean you can dump on them for having a different thought on them matter.

Eric is controversial and people like you find him creepy, while other people like him. We are all entitled to our own opinions without negative comments.

I didn’t say you aren’t. You’re making a BFD about a joke man. Eric sucks. Stop belittling me for saying so. Next. 

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

Zeller has absolutely no idea that Eric has a history of tweeting and saying weird things about teenage recruits. Zeller did that video because he had a good interview on their podcasts and Eric asked him for a favor. I wouldn't personally use Zeller's Cameo-esque video as validation for your support.

I am not saying Eric is not controversial and his social media behavior is not weird which it is. In person though (I have met him once briefly) he is a completely different guy.

People are entitled to vote for who they want and I don't judge them, but people have long complained on this board that IU trustees don't do enough for sports. Along come Eric and runs completely on a sports platform of making sure athletics gets money it needs and suddenly he is to weird.

People are entitled to their opinion for sure, but if Eric loses and we have more money directed away from sports, I will be calling everyone out on here who complains, when they had a chance to vote for a guy who wants to enhance sports.

I get Eric is a little crazy, but you cannot have everything, so ultimately people on here need to decide what bothers them more? Eric's strangeness or potential less money for sports? That what is the choice we are being faced with and everyone can make the decision they feel is best and I am comfortable with that, but their may be consequences no matter which way one goes. 

2 hours ago, goonaha said:

Zeller has absolutely no idea that Eric has a history of tweeting and saying weird things about teenage recruits. Zeller did that video because he had a good interview on their podcasts and Eric asked him for a favor. I wouldn't personally use Zeller's Cameo-esque video as validation for your support.

Oh trust me Zeller knows (and yes I know this for a fact). He just sees the issues facing IU Athletics is facing as more important. Others may feel differently.

If you took five minutes to listen to an interview with Eric, he has already said he will change the way he tweets things and approaches social media if he wins.

I’ve been in some serious-minded organizations and sat on boards of directors. There is a time and a place for “great guy, kinda silly.” There is also a time and place for “never worked in a structured environment…gonna shake things up!”

Boards of Directors/Trustees is not the place for any of that.

Without getting into specific names, there are numerous vivid recent examples of the chaos, division, distraction, and resentment it can cause.

17 minutes ago, Aaron said:

People are entitled to vote for who they want and I don't judge them, but people have long complained on this board that IU trustees don't do enough for sports. Along come Eric and runs completely on a sports platform of making sure athletics gets money it needs and suddenly he is to weird.

People are entitled to their opinion for sure, but if Eric loses and we have more money directed away from sports, I will be calling everyone out on here who complains, when they had a chance to vote for a guy who wants to enhance sports.

I get Eric is a little crazy, but you cannot have everything, so ultimately people on here need to decide what bothers them more? Eric's strangeness or potential less money for sports? That what is the choice we are being faced with and everyone can make the decision they feel is best and I am comfortable with that, but their may be consequences no matter which way one goes. 

Do we really have to choose between money getting diverted from sports and Eric “BFF Bracelets” Pankowski? Because those… aren’t great options. Admittedly I haven’t looked into the various candidates, but surely there’s a candidate out there who cares about sports but refrains from tweeting creepy things to high school athletes. 

Also, you can both want money to not be diverted away from sports and not want him on the board of trustees. It’s a serious role and his online persona paints him as the exact opposite of that. Maybe he’s completely different in person, but he clearly puts himself out on the internet as a total goofball so the only conclusion I can draw is that’s how he wants to be seen. 

8 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Exactly my thought.  It makes me think of the term "Ugly American" only he is an ugly IU fan, he's just too narcissistic to see it. He might fit in well with the Peegs crowd, but he is bad for IU basketball in many ways.  I don't normally vote for Trustees, but I voted just to tally votes for others who appeared to actually be good candidates.

I just don't understand the extreme goofiness.  For those of you not in Bloomington, he put up a ridiculous billboard on the 45/46 bypass here in town.  Obviously, that cost some real money.  If he just ran as a serious candidate with a focus on athletics, I think that might resonate with a lot of alumni.  This whole thing reeks of nothing more than a publicity stunt to drawn attention to his podcast (or whatever he does).

Edited by nerdvana