Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Capt. Crimson

IU Trustee Election

The IU fanbase is soft and timid relative to other historical bluebloods and has been lulled into lower expectations by the administration. But everyone has a breaking point. A fourth straight season of missing the tournament will not be tolerated by most people.

Next year when nothing happens will you say a fifth year won’t be tolerated?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

BTW, trustee elections are underway, after having been canceled last year.

https://alumni.iu.edu/events/trustee-election/index.html

There's an interesting candidate this year. Former Hickory High guard Rade Butcher (aka Warsaw dentist Steve Hollar, a graduate of the IU School of Dentistry). Neither advocating nor opposing his candidacy -- just pointing it out. 

rade.jpeg

18 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

There's an interesting candidate this year. Former Hickory High guard Rade Butcher (aka Warsaw dentist Steve Hollar, a graduate of the IU School of Dentistry). Not advocating or opposing his candidacy -- just pointing it out. 

rade.jpeg

Eric Pankowski is big at Peegs is also running. He is a developer of shows in Hollywood. He also has the Hoosier Hysterics podcast. 

4 hours ago, Capt. Crimson said:

I find that guy insufferable personally and a lot of people on Peegs do as well. lol

Well he is running on a platform of improving sports. Who people vote for is up to them, but next time money gets siphoned away from sports for a building, because the other candidates win who are not sports fans, don't complain.

Eric may be eccentric and a show off, but at least he wants to fix the issue about the trustees caring about sports. That's the bottom line about what people on this board should care about regardless of how they feel about his personality. 

7 hours ago, Aaron said:

Well he is running on a platform of improving sports. Who people vote for is up to them, but next time money gets siphoned away from sports for a building, because the other candidates win who are not sports fans, don't complain.

Eric may be eccentric and a show off, but at least he wants to fix the issue about the trustees caring about sports. That's the bottom line about what people on this board should care about regardless of how they feel about his personality. 

That’s great that he wants to improve sports but there are people out there who also want to improve sports but aren’t total weirdos. I cringe whenever I see/hear him interact with recruits or players. I feel uncomfortable for them. There has to be a better candidate out there. 

Like tell me with a straight face that this is actually who you want as a trustee.. 

Margaret Menge is also running for Trustee - she's a journalist, and fun fact, she sued IU and the BoT's last summer because the University didn't agree to provide her with the following: 

"The request was for “emails from and to John Wilkerson, Asst. Vice President for International Services, that contain the words China or Chinese or any code word or abbreviation that is used to denote international students from China, for the period March 1, 2020 to June 18, 2020.”"

She thinks the University is gullible for bringing CCP spies into the state. Fun. 

As Hova said... A big time no from me, dawg.

6 minutes ago, Hutch89 said:

Margaret Menge is also running for Trustee - she's a journalist, and fun fact, she sued IU and the BoT's last summer because the University didn't agree to provide her with the following: 

"The request was for “emails from and to John Wilkerson, Asst. Vice President for International Services, that contain the words China or Chinese or any code word or abbreviation that is used to denote international students from China, for the period March 1, 2020 to June 18, 2020.”"

She thinks the University is gullible for bringing CCP spies into the state. Fun. 

Interesting.  Very interesting

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Interesting.  Very interesting

For Fun, research McRobbie and his affiliations and any connections to the Chinese student population growth.  And not just population growth.  Connections are curious to say the least. 

Edited by WayneFleekHoosier

23 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

There's an interesting candidate this year. Former Hickory High guard Rade Butcher (aka Warsaw dentist Steve Hollar, a graduate of the IU School of Dentistry). Neither advocating nor opposing his candidacy -- just pointing it out. 

rade.jpeg

Played against Steve in HS.  He was a member of the '84 state champion Warsaw Tigers.  And a teammate of '85 Mr. Basketball Jeff Grose as well as playing with Rick Fox.

Just had to get that in there.

For Fun, research McRobbie and his affiliations and any connections to the Chinese student population growth.  And not just population growth.  Connections are curious to say the least. 

Does it mention anything about what was done for that sudden population growth? That whole situation was crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Hutch89 said:

I mean, it is something that China does. I don’t know if it’s happening at IU specifically, but it’s not a loony theory. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1104291

54 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I mean, it is something that China does. I don’t know if it’s happening at IU specifically, but it’s not a loony theory. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1104291

If you research McRobbie and his past you will have many more questions and you won’t think this is a loony theory whatsoever. 

She's not loony, it's happening in many universities, and IU had an exponential increase in international students from China after a massive donation led to several new buildings on the IUB campus.

I believe I posted this last year sometime in March/April but connect the dots.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/harvard-university-professor-and-two-chinese-nationals-charged-three-separate-china-related