Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Capt. Crimson

IU Trustee Election

All IU alumni are eligible to vote in the trustee election! I encourage you to read the bios and make your own decision on who you think will be best for the university! 

Candidate bios: https://alumni.iu.edu/events/trustee-election/biographies/index.html

Vote: https://alumni.iu.edu/events/trustee-election/index.html

This is one of those things we should vote for if we desire change. One of the candidates, Brian Davidson, is very clear that he supports keeping BIG network revenues in the athletic department. If that matters to you then please vote.

I believe voting ends on June 28th, so vote now.

2 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

This is one of those things we should vote for if we desire change. One of the candidates, Brian Davidson, is very clear that he supports keeping BIG network revenues in the athletic department. If that matters to you then please vote.

Yeah, I was trying to keep my personal opinions out of it, so that's why I encouraged reading bios.

6 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I totally agree but I think a more significant change needs to be changing the compliance department from a self police force to more of a protection detail. 

They need to be helping the teams be compliant not trying to catch them cheating. 

12 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I totally agree but I think a more significant change needs to be changing the compliance department from a self police force to more of a protection detail. 

They need to be helping the teams be compliant not trying to catch them cheating. 

Very true but we can't elect the compliance department. This is an area where bum message board posters like us can have an actual effect.

3 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Very true but we can't elect the compliance department. This is an area where bum message board posters like us can have an actual effect.

Who hires the compliance department?  I imagine the board of trustees has some control over that. 

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Who hires the compliance department?  I imagine the board of trustees has some control over that. 

The compliance department acts directly under the supervision of Fred and what he wants. His office is the sole source of the compliance guidelines, which is how to connect the dots back to the BoT. 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’m a little shocked he didn’t at least win the digital. She must have some serious connections. 

More general disinterest than connections. According to IUAA, there are 690,000 IU grads, I assume all are eligible to vote. Going by the results tweet, that means a whopping 2% voted. 

1 hour ago, LIHoosier said:

More general disinterest than connections. According to IUAA, there are 690,000 IU grads, I assume all are eligible to vote. Going by the results tweet, that means a whopping 2% voted. 

Lack of interest shouldn’t favor one candidate over the other though 

Lack of interest shouldn’t favor one candidate over the other though 

I'm sure the majority of the voting population were long time members of the good ol' boys & girls club though. That's one thing the cronies do well is stick together in protecting their own interests.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Iugradman said:

If football and especially basketball keep losing the university will be forced to make changes or at least answer to the public.

We've been saying this for years. It's never going to change. This school just sucks at managing its most profitable athletic programs.

If football and especially basketball keep losing the university will be forced to make changes or at least answer to the public. It’s unbelievable that missing the tournament 7 of the last 11 seasons hasn’t resulted in any introspection by the administration. Do they like losing? They just don’t care.

“Forced to make changes”... Read the rest of your post and tell yourself the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Who will be doing the forcing? As long as the athletic department is turning a profit I don’t see them being forced to do anything.

The only way I see things changing across the board is if changes are made at the top. It’s kind of amazing we’re pretty solid in Olympic sports, baseball, and great at soccer but not so great at the “money” sports.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners